Homebrew RELEASE Switch Remote Play - Stream your PC to your Switch

AstronomerOfNyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using this for a bit. Works great apart from windows aggressively deleting the exe. I have however run into an issue and see no mention of it, though I'm probably just blind. Is there no support for more than one controller connected to the switch while running this? Whenever I connect a 2nd controller it instantly disconnects. I'm currently streaming dolphin and wanted to play mario party with someone but I seem to be missing something.

Moehammered

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
@Moehammered If only you could make this support NVidia Gamestream... My computer can't handle encoding while rendering a game anymore =(

Have you tried Moonlight-NX? It has native support for nvidia game streaming. As for implementing streaming on nvidia GPUs, I do plan on adding it but it is low priority because:
  • I currently have an AMD GPU and AMD CPU
  • The only Nvidia GPU I have is my last GPU, which is a GTX 1050ti
So once I have finished AMD hardware encoding, and Intel hardware encoding, I will move on to the Nvidia hardware encoding.

I've been using this for a bit. Works great apart from windows aggressively deleting the exe. I have however run into an issue and see no mention of it, though I'm probably just blind. Is there no support for more than one controller connected to the switch while running this? Whenever I connect a 2nd controller it instantly disconnects. I'm currently streaming dolphin and wanted to play mario party with someone but I seem to be missing something.

Yeah Windows aggressively deleting the exe is getting on my nerves more and more. I've had to allow the program multiple times now.
As for your issue, there is only support for 1 controller at the moment. The code at the moment assumes you're going to be either in handheld mode or using both the joycons paired as player 1. Multiple controller support will be added eventually, and has been brought up but I've been swamped.

Feel free to open an issue on github for multiple controller support. That way once I'm done re-writing the encoder configuration UI I can get to work on it :)

Reactions: mathew77

AstronomerOfNyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah Windows aggressively deleting the exe is getting on my nerves more and more. I've had to allow the program multiple times now.
As for your issue, there is only support for 1 controller at the moment. The code at the moment assumes you're going to be either in handheld mode or using both the joycons paired as player 1. Multiple controller support will be added eventually, and has been brought up but I've been swamped.

Feel free to open an issue on github for multiple controller support. That way once I'm done re-writing the encoder configuration UI I can get to work on it :)

Ah. That makes sense as I saw you mention this was originally made just for your personal use. It's very generous of you to spend your time expanding the features to satisfy others needs. I appreciate you taking the time to let me know it's on the docket. I'll try to remember to open an issue when I have time.

intellettuanale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I tried this. After a manual connection I mirrored the screen on my switch. The mouse is working, but buttons not. I tried to switch to dual shock, but nothing changes. Do I have to install some driver? Windows shows a popup that says Xbox 360 controller were ready...

Moehammered

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I tried this. After a manual connection I mirrored the screen on my switch. The mouse is working, but buttons not. I tried to switch to dual shock, but nothing changes. Do I have to install some driver? Windows shows a popup that says Xbox 360 controller were ready...
Hi there. Did you install the ViGEm Bus Driver from the instructions? If so can you try reinstalling it?

Then choose ds4 or x360 controller in the switch configuration settings and try again. If you're still having trouble can you please check to see if a virtual controller comes up in your devices?

Hope that helps.

Reactions: intellettuanale

intellettuanale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi there. Did you install the ViGEm Bus Driver from the instructions? If so can you try reinstalling it?

Then choose ds4 or x360 controller in the switch configuration settings and try again. If you're still having trouble can you please check to see if a virtual controller comes up in your devices?

Hope that helps.
I already installed and reinstalled it, but nothing changes. It's the same problem I had with skynx. How to check if I have a virtual controller?

MartianMSK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi! It was perfectly working until a couple of days ago. Now, every time I start the manual connecting (because with the automatic one I can't find the PC, probably because of my horrible router), it crashes the switch with the error:

Panic occurred while running atmosphere.
Title ID: 010041544d53000
Error: DABRT (0x101)

Press POWER to continue.

I tried removing atmosphere, bootloader and sept folders and reinstalling the CFW, erasing Switch-remote-play... the config file... nothing...

Moehammered

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
does this works with sx os?
I use only atmosphere myself so that is the CFW I officially support with this software because I can test it myself.
I don't have SX OS myself so it is not tested/supported. If you try it and it works, great! If it doesn't work, I'm sorry there isn't much I can do to help about it. The program uses the LibNX libraries which SX OS sometimes has issues with.

Hi! It was perfectly working until a couple of days ago. Now, every time I start the manual connecting (because with the automatic one I can't find the PC, probably because of my horrible router), it crashes the switch with the error:

Panic occurred while running atmosphere.
Title ID: 010041544d53000
Error: DABRT (0x101)

Press POWER to continue.

I tried removing atmosphere, bootloader and sept folders and reinstalling the CFW, erasing Switch-remote-play... the config file... nothing...

hi there! That is an odd issue. Sorry it stopped working for you.
Could you tell me the following:
  • If you updated atmosphere recently?
  • What version of atmosphere and system OS are you using?
  • What version of switch remote play you're using?
Only advice I can offer at the moment is if you updated atmosphere or your system OS version, then roll them back to the version that was working.

Reactions: AstronomerOfNyx

Fewtch22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! Ive searched the thread for both the keywords "middle" and scroll" and found nothing, nor is it mentioned in the config/usage docs.

Is there no way to implement middle click/scroll?

Moehammered

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
i have no sound
Have you tried following what another user did to get sound working? Please follow the troubleshooting steps I offered them and let me know if that helps.

Hello! Ive searched the thread for both the keywords "middle" and scroll" and found nothing, nor is it mentioned in the config/usage docs.

Is there no way to implement middle click/scroll?

No at the moment there is no button mapping for middle or scroll mouse inputs. If you'd like, feel free to open an issue on the github page as a feature request :) (so I don't forget it)

This is great! However for some reason the right joy-con analog stick does not work in the PS5 main menu.

Thanks! I'm a bit confused what you mean by 'PS5 main menu'. I'm guessing you're using remote play on your PC to connect to your PS5 and then using switch remote play to control your PC? Are you doing this with X360 controller mode or PS4 controller mode in the switch app?

I don't have a PS5 so I can't test this out myself but does the same issue occur if you connect a PS4 controller to your PC?

Hope that helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated