Hacking Switch ran out of battery in AutoRCM and wont boot up after AutoRCM uninstalled

BmanGames

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My switch refuses to boot after it died with AutoRCM enabled. I was able to boot into the SX OS boot menu and uninstall AutoRCM but it just shows the battery charging screen after the Nintendo logo and stays stuck on it. Did I break something or is there a way to fix this?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you uninstalled AutoRCM, then you should use a wall charger to make sure it charges quicker. It'll be fine once it's charged enough to boot into the home menu.

Reactions: NoNAND

BmanGames

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you uninstalled AutoRCM, then you should use a wall charger to make sure it charges quicker. It'll be fine once it's charged enough to boot into the home menu.
I've had it charging for 2 hours and nothing has happened. I force powered it down and it is as if it wasnt even charged, still showing the low power icon. Did i mess up the battery?

roflrabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've had it charging for 2 hours and nothing has happened. I force powered it down and it is as if it wasnt even charged, still showing the low power icon. Did i mess up the battery?

As long as autoRCM is deactivated try to let it charge (seems like you did that :P). If it doesn't turn on then check to see if it's still going into RCM, check if "APX" appears just for the heck of it. Maybe you pressed the wrong button and didn't truly deactivate autoRCM. Perhaps you just need to try to force power it off, I've been there and you just have to keep trying until it eventually works. You'll get it, don't worry.

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My switch refuses to boot after it died with AutoRCM enabled. I was able to boot into the SX OS boot menu and uninstall AutoRCM but it just shows the battery charging screen after the Nintendo logo and stays stuck on it. Did I break something or is there a way to fix this?

leave charge it and then go back and send the payload, when you finish playing then do not turn off the switch and leave it on sleep mode.

dal665

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I'm also in the same boat. We're gonna have to open our switch and buy a charger that the battery takes. If anyone got any tricks to share... Pls do.

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when my kids do this, i usually can boot from my phone, then plug the phone charger in right after hekate boot screen and let it charge. takes a little while for the HOS to actually boot though, give it a solid 30 mins to an hour of charge before anything.

i usually panic and assume brick or opening to charge :( but havent had to do that yet

uzi

Trophies
XP
Country
leave the switch charging for half a day, plug your jigs in, youll know if the switch is on if you hear the jig buzzing aka charging

force turn off the switch, buzzing will stop, boot into sxos menu holding power n +..

switch is not bricked it just takes longer than normal to charge when it dies this way,

remove autorcm, charge to 100%, and then drain the battery to 1% by leaving the screen on / no auto off
then charge up the switch again [this fixes fast draining of the battery]

Flocka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My switch did something similar today. Was playing Civ5, I pressed power button to put it to sleep. Came back 3 minutes later, wouldnt wake.

Assumed maybe it ran out of battery(didn’t get any low battery notifications, though) Held down power for 15+, went to PC to reflash payload. I get the SX OS logo, then Nintendo logo then screen shuts off.
It’s not in RCM anymore.
Flashed Hekate, it said I had 28% battery.
If I hold vol+ while flashing I get the SX OS menu. I turned off AutoRCM, same thing. I’m definitely not in AutoRCM anymore.

Happens with SD card in and out of switch. Happens on CFW and OFW.

I’m currently letting it charge via the wall charger, but I’m not sure what the next step will be if that doesn’t work.

I have NAND backup, etc.

crossholo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
run hekate, then plug into the wall. you can check the battery % on hekate and when its at 7% you're good and you can boot whatever cfw youre using

Flocka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
run hekate, then plug into the wall. you can check the battery % on hekate and when its at 7% you're good and you can boot whatever cfw youre using

It was at 28%. I let it get to 37% and tried again. No dice. Currently letting it charge to 100%.

up to 75%.

I used ChoiDu to upgrade to 6.2, checked the option to not burn fuses and well, it burned it anyway. is there a way to restore 6.2 even though my backup is 6.1?

Edit: Actually, I think I burned the fuse when i turned AutoRCM off then tried to boot.

Last edited by Flocka,

rahidrules

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah just an update I was able to charge the device enough to boot it up and disable AUTORCM :D. AutoRCM works perfectly except if you deplete it you'll have to wait an hour or two just so you could boot up the OS to charge it fully.

Tripa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just look at the 'similar threads' below.
This ''problem" was extensively discussed, documented and solved before.
It would've saved u a lot of anxiety to just research a bit. Glad that in the end it worked out fine, but it could've been smoother and solved faster.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: might look for one on yt