Device Descriptor Error - AutoRCM

a314pie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, After the realese of Wonder, i want to "revive" my switch, i will tell the story and how everything happend.

The situation: My Switch is not getting reconized by my pc (OS: dual-boot with Win10 and Linux Endevoaur), Device Descriptor Error Request Failed. (The earliest memory of it working was when i update, not via nintendo update btw via, this happend when i tried to make an old ipega controller work on it, but after a bunch of restarts, it's now like this)
(I don't think my switch is dead, i can turn it off and on like normaly, on auto-rcm that is - when holding the power button the device dissapers from the device manager)

Solutions i did:

Tried Charging the console for 2 days, but does not work. (it could be battery related since the joy-cons died - Battery, but how will i know if it's charging?)
Tried Diferent Cables, it's not a cable problem.
Is not a drive problem, not even zadig work's.

I don't think its dead, since why would it show on my computer if it would be dead?
Any Advice? If you guys say that it's dead i will just accept my deafeat then.

a314pie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Like dead DEAD!?? the battery does not work anymore?
Post automatically merged:

It would be a little bit of trouble to mess with the hardware, i'm terrible at it.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Like dead DEAD!?? the battery does not work anymore?
Post automatically merged:

It would be a little bit of trouble to mess with the hardware, i'm terrible at it.
Yes like dead DEAD. It's surprisingly a coin toss on these batteries. I heard stories of some just dying after a year.

It's super easy to open a Switch if you own like an ifixit kit.

a314pie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh, i will do that in the near future, buy an ifixit kit or something, and buy a new battery, while to no piss of my dad.
Thanks for the help i guess.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If I read you connect, your Switch refuse to turn on at all right?

I'm generally curious. What happens if you hold vol -, vol + and power on, does it enter Recovery Mode?

a314pie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Like i said, its on AutoRCM, when i just hold the power on it dissapears from the device manager, when i just touch the power button it turns on on this state, is appears bur with device error, would + and - make any diference?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto