Hacking COMPLETED Switch parental controls master key generator (Only FW 3.0)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 85,285
  • Replies 26
  • Likes 23
D

Deleted User

OP
  • Switch 1.0.0 -> 3.0.0: all regions (v3)
  • Quick Edit.

http://mkey.salthax.org

Not Created by me so all Credits goes to the DEV.

FAQ:

FAQ
What?
This tool generates the "master key" (unlock code) for 3DS, Wii U and Switch parental controls.
Usually, one would have to contact Nintendo for this and explain the case, or have it emailed to the account holder on file.
The main advantage of this tool is that it supports the current algorithm (10 character inquiry number).

To use this, all that is required is system date and the inquiry number displayed on the device.
The "new" algorithm is selected by entering an inquiry number of 10 digits in length. The "old" algorithm is selected by entering 8 digits.
You can enter the inquiry number with or without the space.

Last edited by ,

Agent Moose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually used this on a Wii a month or so back. I used to work at a local game store and they took in a used wii from a customer and it had a parental lock on it. I was the only one whom knew how to remove it because I was the only one at the store whom ever did any homebrew on any system.

I would think owning a game store whom fixes game consoles would know at least a little homebrew stuff, but nope. None.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

Arcanon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to see this, however I'm looking for a way to bypass parental controls without changing the set password. See, my dad set controls through the app and although salthax should work it will reset the password and daddo will know once he tries to unlock parental controls himself. Because all my brothers would run rampant with the Switch my dad did this, I don't blame him but I have a lot of free time now that I'm in senior year. He just won't budge on the issue, so I hope someone here has a solution.

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to see this, however I'm looking for a way to bypass parental controls without changing the set password. See, my dad set controls through the app and although salthax should work it will reset the password and daddo will know once he tries to unlock parental controls himself. Because all my brothers would run rampant with the Switch my dad did this, I don't blame him but I have a lot of free time now that I'm in senior year. He just won't budge on the issue, so I hope someone here has a solution.
Hmm, maybe make a backup of whatever part of the system contains the Parental Controls password, modify the data and then restore the backup? You’ll have to put the system in Airplane Mode so the app can’t screw with it. If your dad has an Android then there are countless ways to break the security, and if he has an older iPhone then there may also be a way, you can get into the app and have it turn off for a set period of time I’m pretty sure. Or just buy yourself a Switch and transfer your account over, Parental Controls shouldn’t carry over I think.

Arcanon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That first part seems like I'd only be able to do with homebrew. Perhaps Airplane Mode could work, but doesn't salthax need the switch to have internet? My dad has an iPhone X issued from his company so that's probably out of the question, he's pretty secure considering a long history of me and my brothers trying to beat the system lol. Honestly right now my predicament seems pretty pointless, my dad issues a large enough time limit on the weekends, it's just not being able to just hop on to Smash Ultimate for a game or 2 after my homework that kinda miffs me.

Kai_Park

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I find the device ID for my switch? When answering this, please talk to me like I’m an idiot, I pretty much don’t know anything about home brew and stuff (perfect example right there.)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hmm, maybe make a backup of whatever part of the system contains the Parental Controls password, modify the data and then restore the backup? You’ll have to put the system in Airplane Mode so the app can’t screw with it. If your dad has an Android then there are countless ways to break the security, and if he has an older iPhone then there may also be a way, you can get into the app and have it turn off for a set period of time I’m pretty sure. Or just buy yourself a Switch and transfer your account over, Parental Controls shouldn’t carry over I think.
BUY YOURSELF A NEW SWITCH IS THE SOLUTION?!
Well, I guess it would work, but I don’t see anyone doing that just to get rid of parental controls.

Nanny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Nintendo switch I bought from someone and cannot generate a code. It has parental controls on it and just want to be able to use it.
Inquiry number is 135107
Can anyone help me please.

rexywoofer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have an nintendo switch lite and i cant get a master key...
and my inquiry number is.. 135430 it anyone help me please

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over