Hacking Switch out of RCM mode by coincident

Flem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi,

I have had a switch for more than 2 years and been happy with homebrew. Today I was gonna upload some files to the micro SD card from PC.
When inserting the SD card back into the switch, I booted with USB from PC like usual, and fired up TecraRcmGUI.
I selected payload and injected it as usual, but I guess I went with the wrong .bin file since it would get past the meny where you chose launch. Got an error msg.
Then I tried to make it happen, by enter one of the other choices here, kinda stupid.

Now I cant get into RCM mode anymore. The Switch boots into the original menu, so I guess its "back to original setup".

Is there a way I can get into RCM mode again without using the RCM JIG?
I dont think its the cable or port, since I could get into RCM mode before I entered the menus and selected something wrong.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your Switch boots normally (doesn't enter RCM) when powered off and on, but it entered RCM automatically before, then that means you had AutoRCM enabled, but now you've uninstalled AutoRCM. If that's the case, then you need a jig to be able to get back into RCM. Once you're in RCM again, you can reinstall AutoRCM.

Reactions: Flem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I havent finished watching it so no spoilers pls