WiiFanAix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi all, here's a specific question.

As explained here by @QuarkTheAwesome , it could be possible in some cases to play Switch games on the Wii U. At first I thought it was a joke, but Quark seemed pretty serious and convincing about it. Plus there is a repo and everything : https://gitlab.com/QuarkTheAwesome/SwitchOnWiiU/

Surely for most Switch games, playing them on the Wii U wouldn't really be necessary. For example I'm very happy with Mario Kart 8 [Wii U version], I don't need the Switch version with its supposed improvements.

HOWEVER, there are a couple of Switch games that could really interest me, IF they somehow became playable on the Wii U.

One of these games would be "Crash Bandicoot - N. Sane Trilogy". It's actually a compilation of remasters of the three first Crash Bandicoot games, originally on PlayStation 1 (good memories !). Sadly the Wii U doesn't have any native Crash Bandicoot game, so if that Switch game became playable on the Wii U, it would be a huge plus. And hopefully it wouldn't be very CPU/GPU consuming, even on the Wii U, so...

Has anybody tried this already with this specific game, and what would be the steps in order to achieve that goal ? The starting point for me being a Tiramisu-hacked Wii U.

Thank you.

WiiFanAix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks. Indeed it seemed too good to be true, lol. But the post date (nov. 24) didn't seem to imply any April's fool joke, so... He really got me ! :rofl2: That's actually a great joke. I mean, the guy even created a repo for the purpose. I'd say that's brilliant.

I guess the only solution for playing Crash on the Wii U remains playing old Wii games (Crash of the Titans and Mind Over Mutant). That's really sad. :(

Last edited by WiiFanAix,

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While that app was just a joke, I imagine a homebrew app could be made to remote play a hacked Switch on a hacked Wii U, much like NTRView lets you remote play your 3DS on your Wii U or Moonlight lets your remote play your PC on your Wii U.

Reactions: Kopimist

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Similar in this vein.... I immediately wondered if the new mk8 dlc could be ported over to the wii u as a "dlc"... ie not replacing the original tracks but adding them as extra courses.
Well, CTGP-Cafe is a mod that successfully adds courses on top of the 48 courses already in Mario Kart 8. However, the creator of it is keeping it closed source, so I'm not sure how keen he'll be to add the MK8D DLC courses, however they did add the MK8D battle courses as additional courses to battle in within MK8 CTGP-Cafe, so maybe they'd consider it.

Regardless, the courses should be able to be backported into MK8 Wii U, as, the MK8D battle courses already have, as have courses from Mario Kart Tour and even the latest Mario Kart Arcade game.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh yeah forgot about ctgp cafe thing! And yeah it does suck he's keeping that info closed however hopefully with all this extra content someone will figure it out!

Reactions: Kopimist

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up