Switch OLED teardown V1/V2

doom95

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yes, if anyone has an explanation to this , i also want to know. some tap off from the 2 caps for 3.3v, some tap off from the cap near EMMC for 3.3v , whats the difference?
The cap on the EMMC is small, further away from the modchip, on the wrong side of the board, whereas the 2 caps together near the fan connector are bigger, sturdier, closer to the chip and actually on the same side of the board as the modchip itself. You decide.

SmallBoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The cap on the EMMC is small, further away from the modchip, on the wrong side of the board, whereas the 2 caps together near the fan connector are bigger, sturdier, closer to the chip and actually on the same side of the board as the modchip itself. You decide.
Is it as simple as just picking a side for 3.3v? why would some not choose the sturdiest 2 caps since its so close to the chip and on the same side but instead went on the other side of the board for it?

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either one is easy if you know what your doing
I agree with you! I believe the previous statements are not understanding why the question was asked in the first place. It isn’t about which point is easiest. It’s about which is safer. If the 3.3v rail is pulled down by the chip it potentially could cause issues down the road making one point better/ safer over the other. This of course is only hypothetical at this point.

Reactions: lufeig

TheUnknownOne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with you! I believe the previous statements are not understanding why the question was asked in the first place. It isn’t about which point is easiest. It’s about which is safer. If the 3.3v rail is pulled down by the chip it potentially could cause issues down the road making one point better/ safer over the other. This of course is only hypothetical at this point.
Correct. This is why I asked the question

I'll likely use the point near the eMMC for this at this point

doom95

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can anyone help track the full 5v circuit for the fan and joycons? Thank you in advance
Can you measure the output of the MAX8969 on the left of the cpu?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220106-082012_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220106-082012_Chrome.jpg
    349.2 KB · Views: 68

TheUnknownOne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone who has the 6 wire oled chip with the tiny dat0 adapter, have any of you flashed menas firmware to it and had the chip work still? Apparently flashing it will brick the chip...?

mathieulh

Trophies
Website
keybase.io
XP
Country
France
Can you explain what the hack actually does?
My understanding was that it glitches the signature check of BCT.

But it seems that there is more involved, if boot0 is altered as well 🤔
It glitches the BCT RSA pub hash compare so it returns true, this way you can use your own pub (and thus sign your bootloader with your own RSA private key), it also relies on BCT reads from the eMMC to derive proper timings for the glitch.

The glitch itself and the way it works is very straightforward, well documented and understood, the only reason there hasn't been any open source version of a switch modchip is that people do not fancy getting sued by various lawfirms contracted by Nintendo and its affliates.

mattyv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question for someone out there......aside from the sthetix SX/HWFLY Core diagram, are there instructions/examples of core installs in an OLED? I have an SX core that I would like to use, but would like to see how some have successfully installed it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs