Switch oled black screen after picofly

Gametech1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone, please excuse my bad English....
i modified an oled switch using a picofly... initially it gave me an error regarding slow emmc, after reballing hekate it started correctly, backed up everything... but when i try to boot either sysnand, emunand or fusee.bin it gives me a black screen... only with fusee.bin i see the athmosfere logo but after less than a second it shows a black vertical line and starts to turn all green... I have rechecked the soldering several times... and redone the nand several times.... can anyone give me some concrete help? thank you very much.

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
When you said you "reballing" did you damage the FPC connector underneath? Flickering screen is indicative you damaged something in that area. That or you have an issue with your RAM modules.

Reactions: Gametech1

Gametech1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
When you said you "reballing" did you damage the FPC connector underneath? Flickering screen is indicative you damaged something in that area. That or you have an issue with your RAM modules.
It doesn't seem damaged, hekate starts correctly, only the boot I can't do it, if you want later I attach some photos...

zamastyle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The screen popping lines and then fading to a color suggests a hardware problem rather than a software problem as @Hassal mentioned. Take a look at both sides of you board and look for any damage. Dont just look at the areas you soldered. Look at the areas surrounding them, especially in the direction your soldering iron was angled to. I have seen several switches with perfect solder joints but damaged nearby components because the body of the iron was touching something unintentionally.

Gametech1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The screen popping lines and then fading to a color suggests a hardware problem rather than a software problem as @Hassal mentioned. Take a look at both sides of you board and look for any damage. Dont just look at the areas you soldered. Look at the areas surrounding them, especially in the direction your soldering iron was angled to. I have seen several switches with perfect solder joints but damaged nearby components because the body of the iron was touching something unintentionally.
I've inspected the board several times it looks okay to me...how nervous....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe but is it worth it?