Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Morricorne

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
you can use a program like WinDirStat to know the size of each folder, look if you have duplicated EmuNAND files or partitions.
I do some read. To be clear. I don't use Any Nintendo online service like e-shop, etc. I don't care about ban in this device.
Can i reformat whole SD CARD to FAT 32.
Format SD CARD in hekate . Don't use emunand
Copy all clean CFW files on SD CARD. And i have almost 120gb avaible storage on SD CARD? I only use nsp to install, or tinfoil. I don't need Nintendo online service. Cause i only play single player games

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for replying!

I installed backups of those games in the emuNAND so I could receive and backup their data from the save file, does that count?

BTW I've seen bots on Discord that can send you a file with your Pokémon data if you show them for trade... Is there any homebrew that can do that locally?
Its not "emuNAND", its called "emuMMC" because you're emulating the eMMC in the Switch. emuNAND would make sense if we were emulating a NAND chip but the Switch doesn't use a NAND chip. Also there aren't any homebrew applications that do what you're asking for.

Reactions: impeeza

Sozoe

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Its not "emuNAND", its called "emuMMC" because you're emulating the eMMC in the Switch. emuNAND would make sense if we were emulating a NAND chip but the Switch doesn't use a NAND chip. Also there aren't any homebrew applications that do what you're asking for.
Sorry I guess that I still have that term in my head from the 3DS era...

So it's like a LiveUSB then, nothing of what I did got registered on the sysMMC (not even the autoRCM?).

Now I wonder how those Discord bots work, I assumed they were hacked Switches using some sort of homebrew to access the Nintendo Online.

Thank you

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I do some read. To be clear. I don't use Any Nintendo online service like e-shop, etc. I don't care about ban in this device.
Can i reformat whole SD CARD to FAT 32.
Format SD CARD in hekate . Don't use emunand
Copy all clean CFW files on SD CARD. And i have almost 120gb avaible storage on SD CARD? I only use nsp to install, or tinfoil. I don't need Nintendo online service. Cause i only play single player games
Yes, you can. I was banned and I just run Atmosphère on sysNAND with no emuNAND at all because what are they gonna do? Find out I have an old Gamecube in storage and ban that too? lol

But unlike me, you can still change your mind in the future. If you think there is even a small chance that you will, maybe you should try to avoid being banned.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I guess that I still have that term in my head from the 3DS era...

So it's like a LiveUSB then, nothing of what I did got registered on the sysMMC (not even the autoRCM?).

Now I wonder how those Discord bots work, I assumed they were hacked Switches using some sort of homebrew to access the Nintendo Online.

Thank you
Well AutoRCM is applied neither to sysMMC nor emuMMC; its actually applied to the hardware, or console, itself. Therefore technically, it is registered to your system. However, there is no data to suggest that AutoRCM alone can induce a ban.

Reactions: impeeza and Sozoe

AlphaBravo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well the important part is that you got it working and that it had nothing to do with your firmware. And from my perspective, the emuMMC wasn't booting anyways so I didn't see the harm in trying to change the boot sector nor did some other people but I guess I won't be using that as a piece of advice anymore.

Absolutely. It was so frustrating as something so trivial held me back almost two weeks. Since the fix, i have been able to power ahead setting up everything else with no fuss (e.g sigpatches, Installing xci, extacting keys,etc).
I wish i could pinpoint the exact reason for the issue but i spent so much time reading and experimenting that i have lost the interest and basically just relieved that it works. I will go back and try to get a more comprehensive answer but for time being, just going to enjoy my switch. Thanks again for your assisstance and suggestions.

Reactions: Draxzelex

twizzers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, I have a big problem. I have newest firmware +newest CFW and newest sigpatches. All games work--> except Animal Crossing. I still played it in February. if I want to start it always comes: the files are defect and must be checked. i deleted the game on the emmc (cfw) and simply reinstalled it completely with updates and all the dlcs. Whenever I want to start it, it always says: The sftware could not be started. return to the home menu.

I have already deleted the ams folder and hekate (bootloder) folder and moved them to the SD card new again, complete with sigpatches etc. I just can't get this one game to run. Does anyone have an idea? That's exactly it. A game that my girlfriend plays. I hope you have an idea without losing your whole island.

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you want my opinion, buying weapons in BOTW isn't really worth it. Clothes, definitely, but not weapons. You'll get weapons from defeating certain enemies and finding hidden chests that are much stronger than anything you can buy. Especially when you're strong enough to go to Hyrule Castle. No need to be strong enough to actually complete the dungeon, just sneak in like a thief, grab some loot and run away before something kills you. It's lots of fun, plus when you do get strong enough to complete Hyrule Castle, the satisfaction of killing all those monsters that you had to run away from before is great.

But this is a bit off-topic...
Thanks
One of the cheats is being invincible lol and ive just started the game. Nothing can generally kill me

Yet to take on the 4 beasts but i got to the main castle ok. I guess i will want to get the master sword first i will look today
Brilliant game

Morricorne

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes, you can. I was banned and I just run Atmosphère on sysNAND with no emuNAND at all because what are they gonna do? Find out I have an old Gamecube in storage and ban that too? lol

But unlike me, you can still change your mind in the future. If you think there is even a small chance that you will, maybe you should try to avoid being banned.
Reformated SD CARD Today again. I only put clean SD CARD with CFW files. My 118gb SD CARD is back.
I don't use Any Nintendo online service. They May ban my device. I don't care. I set up DNS Block too.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
The terms NAND and MMC trend to be interchangeables, but not all NANDs are MMC (could be SD card, USB thumbs, etc) the MMC is a format of interface to exchange data between a storage and a device.

The MMC or (eMMC when is embedded) have a NAND chip inside.
NAND is a type of electronic storage.

So, on the Switch, you have a internal storage on a NAND chip, connected to the console using a MMC interface. And you have a "external" storage on a NAND chip connected to the console using a SD interface.

1663943685467.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MultiMediaCard
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/nand-emmc-need-know-flash-memory/
http://www.jedec.org/sites/default/files/docs/JESD84-A44.pdf

Last edited by impeeza,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well AutoRCM is applied neither to sysMMC nor emuMMC; its actually applied to the hardware, or console, itself. Therefore technically, it is registered to your system. However, there is no data to suggest that AutoRCM alone can induce a ban.
AutoRCM corrupts a byte in the BOOT0 and BOOT1 partitions of the eMMC to cause the Switch to boot into ReCovery Mode. The corruption could technically happen naturally in the wild so they would risk banning legit users if they ever decided to go down that path so with you 100%.

PS I know it prolly feels like “Fuck with Dra day” and I really don’t mean it to be. We appreciate you man. Much love for all you do here! 🤟🫵✌️

• Love

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sheeba- said:
I just got a mod chip installed in my Nintendo Switch OLED and I was wondering how to install homebrew on it.
I don't know anything about Nintendo Switch homebrew but I have homebrewed a Wii U and 3ds. I can't find anything online about how to install homebrew on it only tutorials on how to install the mod chip. I would love to find a step by step video on how to install homebrew on my system.
If you have any questions feel free to ask me:D

Head over here to finish hacking your OLED:

https://rentry.co/SwitchHackingIsEasy

Morricorne

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Question about autorcm. Its safe to turn on this option in hekate? Or maybe this thing drain battery? Really unpatched v1 switch can be pernament hacked for this moment?

Sozoe

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Question about autorcm. Its safe to turn on this option in hekate? Or maybe this thing drain battery? Really unpatched v1 switch can be pernament hacked for this moment?

I stopped using it because my Switch was slowly losing its charge when it was turned off, and it couldn't boot anymore after leaving it for some weeks with it (I had to plug the charger and wait for an extremely slow charging speed until it had just enough charge to boot Atmosphere again).

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used it for a while, but I keep mine on the charger when not in use, so no big deal. Even if you run out of battery you can still charge it for a few hours and then quickly boot it and inject a payload and put it back on the charger. I’ve not seen anybody permanently lock themselves out using AutoRCM. I’ve since switch over to a hardware injector (Trinket M0) so I don’t need it any more. You really only need it if you reboot…normally people just put their switch to sleep and only inject if they power off for some reason.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have a big problem. I have newest firmware +newest CFW and newest sigpatches. All games work--> except Animal Crossing. I still played it in February. if I want to start it always comes: the files are defect and must be checked. i deleted the game on the emmc (cfw) and simply reinstalled it completely with updates and all the dlcs. Whenever I want to start it, it always says: The sftware could not be started. return to the home menu.

I have already deleted the ams folder and hekate (bootloder) folder and moved them to the SD card new again, complete with sigpatches etc. I just can't get this one game to run. Does anyone have an idea? That's exactly it. A game that my girlfriend plays. I hope you have an idea without losing your whole island.
Try downloading the game from another source/website.

megaphoenix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I might be a bit confused over wording, but what is the source for tinfoil cheats? I noticed elsewhere it says cheatslips, but the cheat thread here says it can be updated through aioupdater (this is how I currently update the cheat database for tinfoil)

Am I already using the gbatemp cheat database and I just got confused? Or is there a way to change it if I’m not? The latest database number was 09022022, I believe, which is the same as gbatemp.

Am I already good here and just confused?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer