Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here I am again
Said that I did not fix my original issue, I noticed that I was not able anymore to start ofw without going into hetake and press stock button, i.e. if I power up the console without pyalod without nothing, screen remains black.
Any idea about cause and how can I fix it? Maybe is related to my original issue ...
And what about start everything from the beginning but not simply resetting to factory from console few, but using the and backup I did. Could be a solution?
Thanks
Sure, seeing as nothing ever worked right, you might as well start from scratch. If you made a nand backup before hacking, good for you! You were wise! Just flash it back with Hekate, and see if everything behaves like a stock Switch. After that, re-do the hacking process following a good guide. Check these. Note that the first one doesn't say anything about sigpatches, which are needed for you. If you're going to install firmware 14.1.2, use the last sigpatches from iTotalJustice, which I linked to on a previous message in this thread. I guarantee you that they work 100% (I'm using them). Once you have a good comprehension of how to hack, go ahead and try it. Keep your nand backup in a safe place, just in case.

https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/
https://rentry.co/SwitchHackingIsEasy
https://switch.homebrew.guide/ -----> This one has probably the best tutorial on how to create an emummc.

Walo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
How do you erase all of the data of a game install?
For some reason my Bloodstained CotM2 install got corrupted a while back and whenever I try to launch it boots a black screen saying it failed to launch and to try launching again. I deleted it from the Switch menu and tried reinstalling it a few times but no dice.

I'm guessing there's some corrupted stuff that's still in there even if you try deleting it from the Switch menu.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do you erase all of the data of a game install?
For some reason my Bloodstained CotM2 install got corrupted a while back and whenever I try to launch it boots a black screen saying it failed to launch and to try launching again. I deleted it from the Switch menu and tried reinstalling it a few times but no dice.

I'm guessing there's some corrupted stuff that's still in there even if you try deleting it from the Switch menu.
Try to remove all traces with DBI.

Walo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Try to remove all traces with DBI.
I ended up googling the issue and came across that simply turning the system into maintenance mode by holding volume "+ & -" while booting up the payload and then just turning it off without doing anything there and restarting as normal could fix the issue.

And lo and behold it did, tried reinstalling it and it worked.

Reactions: Dust2dust

Lavaimp

☆ミ
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
so my friend's switch suffered the same battery death as mine abruptly today, and I have to get a new battery for them now.
i just find it funny how theirs didn't have all the signs of dying that mine had (ptr troubles, so on)

it died while in sleep mode, and won't charge apparently.

simsimsim

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FIrst: It is highly recommended to NOT use exFAT. Even officially (no CFW at all) sd cards get corrupted. The exFAT driver is crap.

Second: Why are you trying to split files anyway? you don't need to split with exFAT.
my bad, I meant to say FAT32, the one where I couldn't put anything larger than 4GB.

Lavaimp

☆ミ
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey guuuys, um!!! do i need sigpatches to boot my switch in Atmosphere? I'm doing a clean installation of it bc i think something isn't working right and i learned the repo for the sigpatches was down.

tuffy09

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, can someone help me? So 7 months ago i homebrewed my switch with CFW everything was working fine and i havent touched my switch since like January so i updated my CFW with all new CFW into the SDCard went fine, and so i wanted to update my OFW so i did it with AIO Updater which downloaded 14.1.2 and i updated it through daybreak.. and now when i boot into hekate my Atmo Emu is missing? I only have CFW - sysMMC and CFW - emuMMC and Stock - sysMMC Im a noob when it comes to this, Also when i go into stock it still says 13.2.1 the same firmware i was on before.. im so confused.

Nakedfoxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
i'm usnig atmosphere 1.3.2 and firmware 14.1.2 with emunand and i want to replace the memory card from 512GB to 1TB.
what would be the steps to do it without any problems without loosing games, saves etc.?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guuuys, um!!! do i need sigpatches to boot my switch in Atmosphere? I'm doing a clean installation of it bc i think something isn't working right and i learned the repo for the sigpatches was down.
You can make the patches yourself. There is a thread here on gbatemp with a tool for windows, that as far as I know works with wine as well, if you don’t use windows.

As for “needing” them, it depends on what you intend to do. If you will install an .nsp file, then you need them. If you’re only running homebrew .nro files, then you don’t.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, patches are only needed to install and play backups. They are not involved with the bootup process whatsoever. They aren't even included with official Atmosphere releases.
Hello, can someone help me? So 7 months ago i homebrewed my switch with CFW everything was working fine and i havent touched my switch since like January so i updated my CFW with all new CFW into the SDCard went fine, and so i wanted to update my OFW so i did it with AIO Updater which downloaded 14.1.2 and i updated it through daybreak.. and now when i boot into hekate my Atmo Emu is missing? I only have CFW - sysMMC and CFW - emuMMC and Stock - sysMMC Im a noob when it comes to this, Also when i go into stock it still says 13.2.1 the same firmware i was on before.. im so confused.
Your problem is using the AIO Updater. That tool is notorious for giving users issues that nobody supports using it because it will only create more problems. Unfortunately that tool overwrote your old hekate_ipl.ini so I hope you have a backup of it somewhere or remember where you downloaded it from because there are no other ways to get it back.

Reactions: HalfScoper

Kaybl

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey, does anybody know if installing TinWoo will interfere with tinfoil, like the switch bricking or tinfoil wouldn't launch

DerBreManaar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Then that means the dongle you own is the RCM Loader although there are multiple models of it so if you want to know exactly which one you have, you can check on their website. Anyways, as I said earlier, this dongle reproduces the act of sending a payload from a device through a USB cable. If that still doesn't make sense, then just follow the whole guide until the end and hopefully, you'll understand what steps the dongle replaces. Also since you have AutoRCM enabled, you can skip any steps involving booting into RCM because, as the name implies, this setting AUTOmatically launches the console into RCM.

Well, objectively there is no reason why it shouldn't be working. Try reinstalling the game, DLC, and updates to see if that changes anything.
Okay thank you

Last edited by DerBreManaar,

DerBreManaar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Somehow my switch got banned. Maybe i have made a mistake at the beginning but now its banned. I decided to buy another unpatched switch but im not sure whether I should hack it or not. Is there a way to transfer savedata from the banned switch to the unbanned switch? Do i have to hack the unbanned switch to transfer it or not?

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Somehow my switch got banned. Maybe i have made a mistake at the beginning but now its banned. I decided to buy another unpatched switch but im not sure whether I should hack it or not. Is there a way to transfer savedata from the banned switch to the unbanned switch? Do i have to hack the unbanned switch to transfer it or not?
Just out of curiosity, why going out of your way to buy an unpatched Switch if you're not sure you want to hack it? You should make up your mind first, and go for it if you want to hack it, or instead buy a better OLED model if you want to stay legit. The only redeeming value of an unpatched is just that, unpatched. It's older, has less battery life, and inferior display compared to the OLED.

With all that said, I have two unpatched, and I'm happy like that. :D

DerBreManaar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just out of curiosity, why going out of your way to buy an unpatched Switch if you're not sure you want to hack it? You should make up your mind first, and go for it if you want to hack it, or instead buy a better OLED model if you want to stay legit. The only redeeming value of an unpatched is just that, unpatched. It's older, has less battery life, and inferior display compared to the OLED.

With all that said, I have two unpatched, and I'm happy like that. :D
Yeah of course an unpatched one is older but I still wanted to have the opportunity to hack it if I want at any time. Especially if i can only transfer savedata from my banned switch to a hacked switch, i want to buy an unpatched switch because I really want to play on my old gamesaves. But thank you for your help :).

Reactions: Dust2dust

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Our weather is crazy here in Ohio, was 90 last week, now its in the 60's, 45 at night. +1