Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Pantonio3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried updating to Lakka version 3.6 and then added the updated coreboot.rom file. Now it just goes to a black screen, and doesn't get to the flower splash screen. Here are the contents of my Lakka.ini file:

[Lakka]
payload=lakka/coreboot.rom
logopath=lakka/splash.bmp
id=SWR-LAK
icon=lakka/icon_lakka_hue.bmp

So now running like this:

Yours:
firmware 13.2.1
atmosphere 1.2.6
Hekate 5.7.0
Lakka version 3.6
Coreboot file: updated

Now it just goes to a black screen. One thing I noticed is that in the zipfile for the new coreboot.rom file, there is another file named tegra210-nintendo-switch.dtb. There was no file in the Lakka folder named that before. Should I rename this file and replace the existing file in the folder that was named tegra210-icosa.dtb? I am willing to try anything at this point
I also tried 2 different SD cards, a 128 Samsung EVO, and a 1TB Sandisk, neither worked, both go to black screen

steamcheapcom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright maybe you're booting Stock firmware. Let's back up a bit. Which payload does your RCM Loader use to launch Atmosphere, fusee or Hekate?
I'm not 100% sure, this is the file/folder structure on the RCM loader. Can you tell from this?

├── ATMOSPHERE_HEKATE
│ ├── payload.bak.bin
│ └── payload.bin
├── LAUNCH.TXT
├── readme.txt
├── REINX
│ └── payload.bin
├── SXOS
│ └── payload.bin
├── System Volume Information
│ ├── IndexerVolumeGuid
│ └── WPSettings.dat
├── USER1_XKOS
│ └── payload.bin
├── USER2
└── USER3

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not 100% sure, this is the file/folder structure on the RCM loader. Can you tell from this?

├── ATMOSPHERE_HEKATE
│ ├── payload.bak.bin
│ └── payload.bin
├── LAUNCH.TXT
├── readme.txt
├── REINX
│ └── payload.bin
├── SXOS
│ └── payload.bin
├── System Volume Information
│ ├── IndexerVolumeGuid
│ └── WPSettings.dat
├── USER1_XKOS
│ └── payload.bin
├── USER2
└── USER3
Kind of. Since the actual payloads are just named "payload.bin", I can only assume each payload is actually the one that is named after the folder it is inside. Since there is a Hekate folder, do you have a hekate_ipl. file? If so, posting that might be more useful.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried updating to Lakka version 3.6 and then added the updated coreboot.rom file. Now it just goes to a black screen, and doesn't get to the flower splash screen. Here are the contents of my Lakka.ini file:

[Lakka]
payload=lakka/coreboot.rom
logopath=lakka/splash.bmp
id=SWR-LAK
icon=lakka/icon_lakka_hue.bmp

So now running like this:

Yours:
firmware 13.2.1
atmosphere 1.2.6
Hekate 5.7.0
Lakka version 3.6
Coreboot file: updated

Now it just goes to a black screen. One thing I noticed is that in the zipfile for the new coreboot.rom file, there is another file named tegra210-nintendo-switch.dtb. There was no file in the Lakka folder named that before. Should I rename this file and replace the existing file in the folder that was named tegra210-icosa.dtb? I am willing to try anything at this point

Ok, nothing crazy in the .ini.

At least before we were making it to the flower. That says we (were) making past your hekate/splash.
I also tried 2 different SD cards, a 128 Samsung EVO, and a 1TB Sandisk, neither worked, both go to black screen

This is really strange. I’m assuming you started off completely blank and built up Atmos/hekate/Sigpatches and then did a new Lakka zip. We should stick with the smallest one you can format to FAT3/32k blocks and get it working. Don’t want to bring in too many variables. i’m thinking we roll back the stack to the last known good, get it working and then build back up one piece at a time until we can ID what’s breaking.

edit: just upgraded Hekate to 5.7.0 and was able to boot Lakka without changing anything. I’m on a 2021 09 26 version.

image.jpg

Going to upgrade to the latest Lakka V3 nightly and see if I can get it to break.

edit: was able to boot latest nightly using Hekate 5.7.0.

image.jpg

I think we can rule out the Hekate update as the root cause.

Something else was changed.

Last edited by binkinator,

Quadrotix

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any possible way for me to transfer save data between my clean (patched) Switch and my CFW (unpatched) Switch?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any possible way for me to transfer save data between my clean (patched) Switch and my CFW (unpatched) Switch?

Only way is if your clean patched switch can boot CFW. You need to be able to run homebrew (JKSV) on both to export and then import your saves.

Upon further review apparently you can if they are both on Internet and have a linked account : https://en-americas-support.nintend...-save-data-to-a-nearby-nintendo-switch-system

@Draxzelex i did not know that. Cheers!

Last edited by binkinator,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Switch actually has a Save Data Transfer Feature that was introduced in a firmware update a while back. I don't know if it requires an Internet connection from both consoles but I believe both need to have a linked Nintendo Account.

Reactions: binkinator

steamcheapcom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kind of. Since the actual payloads are just named "payload.bin", I can only assume each payload is actually the one that is named after the folder it is inside. Since there is a Hekate folder, do you have a hekate_ipl. file? If so, posting that might be more useful.
You can see in that folder there is a .bak.bin file, which was what was originally in that folder. I re-downloaded the payload.bin from somewhere but I forget what I downloaded. To rule that out I'm just going to delete the payload.bin file there and restore the .bak file. So after doing that everything should be whatever the folder is named as.

Where would I look for the hekate_ipl file?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can see in that folder there is a .bak.bin file, which was what was originally in that folder. I re-downloaded the payload.bin from somewhere but I forget what I downloaded. To rule that out I'm just going to delete the payload.bin file there and restore the .bak file. So after doing that everything should be whatever the folder is named as.

Where would I look for the hekate_ipl file?
It should be inside a folder named bootloader.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't mean the wires. I already ave the wires. I meant the ribbons. The DAT0 ribbon too!

I’m on a V1 so not the best person to know that off hand. The guys in the OLED hack threads will likely know straightaway.

Reactions: HelloShitty

miash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not exactly. Games are stored on your switch. You don’t log into your Nintendo account. You would dump the content of your switch storage. To shorten the process and reduce complexity, most of the content dumps have already been done for you in the form of .nsp and .xci files. These dumps are typically found in the shops or straight downloads/torrents from various sites. No Nintendo account involved. Heck if you’re using Yazu, you could skip the V1 altogether.
Hey thanks for the reply. I know that all the dumps are available, but I would prefer to do it myself.

It seems pretty straight forward to dump a game from a cartridge, but what about a title that I've purchased digitally? Thats what I was asking about originally.

For example, I have a few titles I've purchased digitally instead of physically, like Mario Party Superstars and Good Job! If I got a unpached switch and wanted to dump these titles for use in yuzu, would I just log into my account, download them, then boot into cfw to dump them?

Also, if I happen to get a banned v1 switch, I assume I could use it to dump carteriage game right? But I wouldnt be able to do anything with it that required online services right? So any digital games I've purchased on my nintendo account, I would not be able to download and dump, nor dump updates that my physical games received, correct? Just trying to understand things.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey thanks for the reply. I know that all the dumps are available, but I would prefer to do it myself.

It seems pretty straight forward to dump a game from a cartridge, but what about a title that I've purchased digitally? Thats what I was asking about originally.

Nxdumptool can dump game cards and anything installed in emmc or on your sdcard.

For example, I have a few titles I've purchased digitally instead of physically, like Mario Party Superstars and Good Job! If I got a unpached switch and wanted to dump these titles for use in yuzu, would I just log into my account, download them, then boot into cfw to dump them?

Yes, that would work as long as you're keeping things clean.

Also, if I happen to get a banned v1 switch, I assume I could use it to dump carteriage game right?

Yes, you could.

But I wouldnt be able to do anything with it that required online services right?

Banned switches will not be able to connect to Ninty, correct.

So any digital games I've purchased on my nintendo account, I would not be able to download and dump, nor dump updates that my physical games received, correct?

No, you would not be able to download anything with a banned switch.

Just trying to understand things.

You bet!

Pantonio3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

At least before we were making it to the flower. That says we (were) making past your hekate/splash.

This is really strange. I’m assuming you started off completely blank and built up Atmos/hekate/Sigpatches and then did a new Lakka zip. We should stick with the smallest one you can format to FAT3/32k blocks and get it working. Don’t want to bring in too many variables. i’m thinking we roll back the stack to the last known good, get it working and then build back up one piece at a time until we can ID what’s breaking.

edit: just upgraded Hekate to 5.7.0 and was able to boot Lakka without changing anything. I’m on a 2021 09 26 version.

View attachment 298803

Going to upgrade to the latest Lakka V3 nightly and see if I can get it to break.
The last time I could get Lakka working I was on firmware 9.1.0 and a really low version of Atmosphere, below 1.0 I think. Just upgrading to the newest version of Atmosphere and the newest firmware and getting it to run stab

View attachment 298803

Last time I was able to get Lakka to work I was still on firmware 9.1.0 and a really low version of Atmosphere, I think below 1.0. Just being able to upgrade to the newest firmware and the newest version of Atmosphere and still be able to play all my old games was challenge enough, but now the only thing I can't run is Lakka. I haven't been able to get it to run at all since I updated my firmware and atmosphere, even using old SD card backups that would have been able to run Lakka on the lower firmware and Atmosphere versions. So I have not been able to run Lakka at all since updating. I am hoping I didn't make some sort of mistake when updating Atmosphere, Hetake, or my firmware, but everything other than Lakka runs just fine and stable. Willing to try any ideas at this point

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The last time I could get Lakka working I was on firmware 9.1.0 and a really low version of Atmosphere, below 1.0 I think. Just upgrading to the newest version of Atmosphere and the newest firmware and getting it to run stab

Last time I was able to get Lakka to work I was still on firmware 9.1.0 and a really low version of Atmosphere, I think below 1.0. Just being able to upgrade to the newest firmware and the newest version of Atmosphere and still be able to play all my old games was challenge enough, but now the only thing I can't run is Lakka. I haven't been able to get it to run at all since I updated my firmware and atmosphere, even using old SD card backups that would have been able to run Lakka on the lower firmware and Atmosphere versions. So I have not been able to run Lakka at all since updating. I am hoping I didn't make some sort of mistake when updating Atmosphere, Hetake, or my firmware, but everything other than Lakka runs just fine and stable. Willing to try any ideas at this point

I’m going to finish updating FW and Atmosphere and see if I can break it…maybe it’s a FW thing (Atmosphere isn’t part of this equation but the FW is going to force me.)

Katanaxxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Hello guys, need some knowledgeable advice:

I updated my sysnand fw online to lastest fw after restoring a nand backup, from there I created emmunand from sysnand and forgot to remove internet connections from settings so when I booted to emmunand cfw, since it had the sysnand ofw settings, it connected briefly to wifi, maybe seconds, since I disconnected wifi fast.

To make matters worse later I booted to cfw in sysnand by mistake and dirtied my sysnand (wasn't connected to internet), now I want to start from scratch restoring the nand backup again, but dont know if it's convenient since it's a backup with fw 4.1 (from when I bought the switch).

Any idea if updating my sysnand fw again from 4.1 to latest fw would alert Nintendo? Any way to update sysnand ofw without nintendo online servers and without dirtying sysnand? Tried the Haku33 method to clean the sysnand but it gave me an error: (dir delete failed....) and didnt finished so that didnt work.

Any advice greatly appreciated :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: No way, Switch pro will be next