Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

LUCKASS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That link seems to be broken so I don’t know what options you’re looking at.

@Mena is 100% legit on the topic. Read his thread and ask questions there if you still have them after you’re done.

@Modzvilleusa is also an expert in his craft. He did a detailed video on everything you need to do, buy, think, look like and feel about modding v3 Aula (OLED). Watch his video and ask away there if you have questions afterwards.
Thanks I learnt a lot from this video. If I understood correctly, he is using the HWFLY Core + Oled 3.3v L cable.
Also, a reputable local modding console shop told me that they have SX original chip in stock and they can install it in my OLED with a new Firmware. He told me the SX chip are using better component compared to the HWFLY clones.

Last edited by LUCKASS,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks I learnt a lot from this video. If I understood correctly, he is using the HWFLY Core + Oled 3.3v L cable.
Also, a reputable local modding console shop told me that they have SX original chip in stock and they can install it in my OLED with a new Firmware. He told me the SX chip are using better component compared to the HWFLY clones.

good Stuff!

There are clones that can be upgraded but yeah, if you can find an SX for a decent price, it’s better.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that’s expensive, but that’s my best option I guess. Just sold my switch v1 320€ and got the oled for 319€. Need that 300€ more for the SX chip.

299€ after your sales profits, to be clear. ;-)

Good luck and be sure to update your .sig!

Reactions: LUCKASS

The-Nile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello I'm a new to homebrew development and i have already set up devkit pro and i am able to make simple command line programs in c. But i want to be able to make a program with a UI, and i am having trouble trying to use borealis for c++ programming.

I have downloaded the source code to a directory and installed glfw, mesa, and glm and all other prerequisites through msys2.

I'm trying to compile the demo and then work from there, but when i run "make -j" to compile for switch, it throws errors at me saying that there is no such file or directory as GLFW/glfw3.h.

And when i run "meson build" to build for windows it says cmake was not found and glfw3 was not found.

I don't know how to set up the demo to work properly, do I need to make the borealis library a system variable? How can I compile the demo properly cuz the readme doesn't help me at all.

I need help getting the demo to work and from there i can finally making a homebrew application.

Xehanort42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
After reading up on all the guides I decided to buy a v1 switch for myself, I was able to find one in a decent price (used). Is there any guide on what to check? How to check if it has already been banned for example?

Also, should I request something with it (like a backup on a microSDXC)? Thanks a lot for all your help!

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am having issue with Nintendo Island transfer tool.

Would hekate and autoRCM launch to clean sysnand OFW cause an issue with this?

I have transferred all my Family profiles to the unpatched switch off my OLED with no issues and access the eshop but the island transfer tool always has a communication error. It’s a digital copy of the game but I have a cartridge too. Theres 3 of us on the island, bought the game digitally but my son is the mayor of the town.

I am reaching out to Nintendo for tech support

I have done no homebrew mods to the island or anything.

Last edited by blaisedinsd,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After reading up on all the guides I decided to buy a v1 switch for myself, I was able to find one in a decent price (used). Is there any guide on what to check? How to check if it has already been banned for example?

Also, should I request something with it (like a backup on a microSDXC)? Thanks a lot for all your help!

Here you go! https://rentry.co/SwitchHackingIsEasy

if they have a Sysnand backup it would be awesome. You can make your own sd card backups.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an easy way to move all the games from my old Switch to the new one?

I’m not aware of any that would move your games around that would require moving less data than just reinstalling from scratch.

1) Use JKSV on source switch to backup your unique game saves.
2) Reinstall games on target switch and then copy and restore previous game saves with JKSV on new switch.

Reactions: ngoctung91

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I'm a new to homebrew development and i have already set up devkit pro and i am able to make simple command line programs in c. But i want to be able to make a program with a UI, and i am having trouble trying to use borealis for c++ programming.

I have downloaded the source code to a directory and installed glfw, mesa, and glm and all other prerequisites through msys2.

I'm trying to compile the demo and then work from there, but when i run "make -j" to compile for switch, it throws errors at me saying that there is no such file or directory as GLFW/glfw3.h.

And when i run "meson build" to build for windows it says cmake was not found and glfw3 was not found.

I don't know how to set up the demo to work properly, do I need to make the borealis library a system variable? How can I compile the demo properly cuz the readme doesn't help me at all.

I need help getting the demo to work and from there i can finally making a homebrew application.

I recently set up a working build environment from the Devkit Pro team. @Slluxx develops cool apps with Borealis so it’s something I’ve been meaning to do for a while. I’m assuming you’ve gone through the wiki and read-me’s and such? That’s where I’m going to start diggin. Race ya! ;-)

Anyone else able to give both of us the Borealis QuickStart?

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went to eBay and purchased

V5 RCM Loader Host Payload Injector for NS compatible with ATMOSPHERE REINX SXOS

Is this safe to use ?

Allen-R

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Correct. I don’t have anything to sort your mp3 collection.
After some trial & error (using Hekate), I think I finally got the list for supported characters.
(I prolly wasn't thorough enough but I also don't exactly have all the time in the world so...)
Maybe this has more to do with the switch filesystem in general than TriPlayer since other homebrew also seems to not show special characters (Tinfoil MTP doesn't even let you copy some and if they do make it, they won't show up when you reconnect unless it's through Hekate).

Characters for filenames in TriPlayer:

Music File Detected:
  • !
  • #
  • $
  • %
  • &
  • '
  • (
  • )
  • +
  • , [code 44]
  • -
  • 0-9
  • ;
  • =
  • @
  • A-Z
  • [
  • ]
  • ^
  • _
  • `
  • a-z
  • {
  • }
  • ~
  • space

The usual NOT OK (in Windows):
  • "
  • /
  • \
  • :
  • |
  • <
  • >
  • ?

Music File not detected in songlist (but makes TriPlayer go past the loading screen):
  • [code 145] - Left single quotation mark
  • ’ [code 146] - Right single quotation mark
  • “ [code 147] - Left double quotation mark
  • ” [code 148] - Right double quotation mark
  • • [code 149] - Bullet
  • Japanese Unicode characters

Doesn't even make TriPlayer go past the loading screen:
I'm assuming all other characters in extended ASCII code, so:
  • € [code 128]
  • [code 129 ?]
  • ‚ [code 130]
  • [code 131-144]
  • [code 150-255]

• other Unicode characters (like Hebrew)

Last edited by Allen-R,
Reactions: binkinator

Allen-R

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Changing something like what filenames characters are detected would need a full OS rewrite, would it?
(instead of being doable with just homebrew?)

Tho, it seems like the names in the tags are ok to be any character.

Reactions: binkinator

The-Nile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When editing environment variables to set up an environment for development on windows, i have 2 path variables, 1 in user variables and 1 in system variables. To which path variable do I add "..\devkitPro\tools\bin" and "..\devkitPro\msys\usr\bin"?

I currently have it in the path variable for system variables but I'm not sure which one it actually goes in.

shiverz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi I'm sure this must be covered so I am hoping that someone knows of a link I can follow.

I was getting prepared to update my fw, and started by downloading and overwriting the contents on the SD card for latest Atmosphere and Hetake.

I can load into Hetake v5.7.0 but when I launch my CFW emuMMC it basically bricks but with a red screen.

Thanks for any who can help lead me to some answers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I can't believe you got me with that