Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

ICUDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If your sysnand is clean you can just go online and update it like normal.

if you’re worried it’s not clean you can update it using Daybreak. Daybreak.nro is part of the Atmosphere bundle.
(You can find FW by searching for “dark sternie firmware”)

There’s no need to upgrade your Sysnand if you don’t want to though. You can just upgrade your emunand. They don’t have to match.

Let hekate do all your partitioning for you…

https://rentry.co/SwitchHackingIsEasy
So if I update Atmosphere and run daybreak with the latest firmware file does that update everything or just the emunand?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I update Atmosphere and run daybreak with the latest firmware file does that update everything or just the emunand?
just the *nand you are currently running on.

Initially you want to do emunand however you can set up a boot entry for CFW on Sysnand to do the exact same process to update your sysnand as well.

ICUDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just the *nand you are currently running on.

Initially you want to do emunand however you can set up a boot entry for CFW on Sysnand to do the exact same process to update your sysnand as well.
Thanks again sorry for the dumb questions. I never boot to the OFW so I don't care if it doesn't match, will I need to set up a boot entry if I only run on sysMMC CFW (because I didn't create a emuMMC).? If so is there a guide for that?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again sorry for the dumb questions. I never boot to the OFW so I don't care if it doesn't match, will I need to set up a boot entry if I only run on sysMMC CFW (because I didn't create a emuMMC).? If so is there a guide for that?

The guide I sent you covers multiple scenarios. Check out this section: https://rentry.org/CFWGuides

Aside from the 29G for a copy of sysnand for your emunand, there are few downsides to using it and a lot of upsides (if you brick your emunand it’s easy to recover…brick your sysnand and you‘re in much bigger trouble)

dysphoria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is there a tool that enhance volume for headphones audio? At least to me, Switch volume it's really low, but I don't know if that can be changed with software

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a tool that enhance volume for headphones audio? At least to me, Switch volume it's really low, but I don't know if that can be changed with software

I don’t believe there is an equalizer homebrew for Switch. That would let you boost desired frequencies and cut less interesting frequencies but it wouldn’t increase the actual volume…just apparent volume. Increasing the voltage to the headphones would be hard to do via software. Easiest solution would be amplified headphones or plug a patch cable from your switch to an external amplifier and then plug your regular headphones into that.

tommaloney

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just finished setting up my switch to where I am happy :), now the kids want to play it :(. I have been told that I can install a custom theme that will hide the album button and other buttons if I want? Were do I find these themes and how do I install them. I would really like just the plain theme identical to what is there now just the album button hidden so the kids can mess with the settings

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just finished setting up my switch to where I am happy :), now the kids want to play it :(. I have been told that I can install a custom theme that will hide the album button and other buttons if I want? Were do I find these themes and how do I install them. I would really like just the plain theme identical to what is there now just the album button hidden so the kids can mess with the settings

Look into themezer.

If you want to keep kids from pressing buttons you can change the key combo and make things like album go to, well, the actual picture album instead of hbmenu (unless you press the combo.)

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a guide for this? I don't want to mess up my install trying things I don't know what I am doing

edit: for themezer instructions (including the home-brews you need to install) check out this page on Reddit.

for the override key combos:

the file you want to tweak is called override_config.ini. copy the example ini file under /atmosphere/config_templates/ to /atmosphere/config/

It’s pretty straightforward what you will find inside. If you muck it all up simply delete the file and grab another copy from the template directory.

(https://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/titlelist.php?sys=hac&tid=010000000000100D. <—-Album Viewer App ID matches program_id_0 below.)

(override_key_0=!R means override the photo viewer app (album) UNLESS R is NOT pressed. A little reverse polish logic there. You probably want to override it when R is actually pressed so remove the “not” which is the ! symbol so now if anyone clicks the album without the R they get…the album.)

These are all the defaults. To change any of them uncomment the line by removing the initial semicolon and then make your change.

[hbl_config]
; Program Specific Config
; Up to 8 program-specific configurations can be set.
; These use `program_id_#`, `override_address_space_#`, and `override_key_#`
; where # is in range [0,7].
; program_id_0=010000000000100D
; override_address_space=39_bit
; override_key_0=!R

; Any Application Config
; Note that this will only apply to program IDs that
; are both applications and not specified above
; by a program specific config.
; override_any_app=true
; override_any_app_key=R
; override_any_app_address_space=39_bit
; path=atmosphere/hbl.nsp

[default_config]
; override_key=!L
; cheat_enable_key=!L

Last edited by binkinator,

tommaloney

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so if I grab override_config.ini what would I change to make the album to act as normal but when I press l3 and the album it goes to the hb menu?
I am really no good for the programming side of things sorry.

ok I read your post wrong, I think I have it

Thanks

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so if I grab override_config.ini what would I change to make the album to act as normal but when I press l3 and the album it goes to the hb menu?
I am really no good for the programming side of things sorry.

ok I read your post wrong, I think I have it

Thanks

cool…yeah…just remove the semi colon and remove the ! in the override_key_0 line.

I grabbed this from elsewhere (Tesla Menu) but I believe the valid key names are:

Here are the other keys you can use, courtesy of 0xNULL on page 15: A, B, X, Y, LS, RS, L, R, ZL, ZR, PLUS, MINUS, DLEFT, DUP, DRIGHT, DDOWN, SL, SR

edit:

just found the official key names in the atmosphere code so the button names are config,e to be the same as Tesla Menu.

/* Parse key combination. */
if (strcasecmp(value, "A") == 0) {
cfg.key_combination = KEY_A;
} else if (strcasecmp(value, "B") == 0) {
cfg.key_combination = KEY_B;
} else if (strcasecmp(value, "X") == 0) {
cfg.key_combination = KEY_X;
} else if (strcasecmp(value, "Y") == 0) {
cfg.key_combination = KEY_Y;
} else if (strcasecmp(value, "LS") == 0) {
cfg.key_combination = KEY_LSTICK;
} else if (strcasecmp(value, "RS") == 0) {
cfg.key_combination = KEY_RSTICK;
} else if (strcasecmp(value, "L") == 0) {
cfg.key_combination = KEY_L;
} else if (strcasecmp(value, "R") == 0) {
cfg.key_combination = KEY_R;
} else if (strcasecmp(value, "ZL") == 0) {
cfg.key_combination = KEY_ZL;
} else if (strcasecmp(value, "ZR") == 0) {
cfg.key_combination = KEY_ZR;
} else if (strcasecmp(value, "PLUS") == 0) {
cfg.key_combination = KEY_PLUS;
} else if (strcasecmp(value, "MINUS") == 0) {
cfg.key_combination = KEY_MINUS;
} else if (strcasecmp(value, "DLEFT") == 0) {
cfg.key_combination = KEY_DLEFT;
} else if (strcasecmp(value, "DUP") == 0) {
cfg.key_combination = KEY_DUP;
} else if (strcasecmp(value, "DRIGHT") == 0) {
cfg.key_combination = KEY_DRIGHT;
} else if (strcasecmp(value, "DDOWN") == 0) {
cfg.key_combination = KEY_DDOWN;
} else if (strcasecmp(value, "SL") == 0) {
cfg.key_combination = KEY_SL;
} else if (strcasecmp(value, "SR") == 0) {
cfg.key_combination = KEY_SR;
} else {
cfg.key_combination = 0;

Last edited by binkinator,

misticknight1

Trophies
XP
Country
Posted couple pages back for similar issue now It’s gotten worse

To summarise, my SD card got corrupted. Started a complete fresh sd card with atmosphere installed from scratch. Had to install games from scratch too. Tried to use tinfoil to install via usb to pc (usbfs) and it wouldn’t recognise for some reason. Plugged in my external usb that worked for a bit was able to install games. Now even that won’t recognise. Tried different ports, different usbs, an external hdd. Nothing reads.

Any idea what I may or may not have done wrong ?

Ralf1

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hi all. I have a few questions.

I got a banned switch. It is the first edition switch. I got the sxos pro with the dongle.

If i am not right sxos only work with firmware 11.something. And because sxos is dead i am better of just go over to atmosphere.
Please correct me if i am wrong...

So how do i do this in the most simple way?
I am banned i don't know anything about emunand and i don't give a shit.

So just update to latest firmware and then do a factory reset and erase everything on my sdcard an then just follow a atmosphere guide? Is this the simpliest way?

And also now i got xci files on my sdcard that i mount in sxos and then play. Atmosphere cant mount xci files. But it can install xci files. I have seen som People complain about this, but why should i care?
Both take up the same amount of space om the sdcard right?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all. I have a few questions.

I got a banned switch. It is the first edition switch. I got the sxos pro with the dongle.

If i am not right sxos only work with firmware 11.something. And because sxos is dead i am better of just go over to atmosphere.
Please correct me if i am wrong...

you are correct, 11.0.0 is last working FW for SXOS. Atmosphere is the only CFW remaining that tracks to current FW releases.

So how do i do this in the most simple way?
I am banned i don't know anything about emunand and i don't give a shit.

So just update to latest firmware and then do a factory reset and erase everything on my sdcard an then just follow a atmosphere guide? Is this the simpliest way?

Yes, this is the most straightforward way.

And also now i got xci files on my sdcard that i mount in sxos and then play. Atmosphere cant mount xci files. But it can install xci files. I have seen som People complain about this, but why should i care?

it’s arguably more convenient to mount something than to install something. Less commitment to a game and less to do when yiu change your mind.

Both take up the same amount of space om the sdcard right?

correct. makes more difference if you have a multi-terabyte external USB drive vs large sd card.

Your current and desired machine, FW and CFW states are addressed In the link below.

Good luck and let us know when you get it sorted!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Posted couple pages back for similar issue now It’s gotten worse

To summarise, my SD card got corrupted. Started a complete fresh sd card with atmosphere installed from scratch. Had to install games from scratch too. Tried to use tinfoil to install via usb to pc (usbfs) and it wouldn’t recognise for some reason. Plugged in my external usb that worked for a bit was able to install games. Now even that won’t recognise. Tried different ports, different usbs, an external hdd. Nothing reads.

Any idea what I may or may not have done wrong ?

Let’s test the other way round for a moment to see if we can eliminate hardware.

(When you try these Pay attention to the alert sounds of a usb attaching and any alert messages that pop up. Grab a screenshot of any pop ups that you can.)

1) Are you able to inject a new payload via usb? (try injecting lockpick_RCM for example.)

2) Can you mount your sd card on your PC via Hekate USB tools? (any partition will do…just want to see a screenshot of something mounting properly)

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I am pretty naive about all this stuff but plenty capable of following guides and stuff.

I have an OG switch unpatched and I recently updated it because newer games were starting to not work. I have been running on SysNAND and have used incognito and I have the prod info.bin and a nand backup of way back when I first followed the guide. My understanding is I can’t restore the old Nand now because I have burned fuses upgrading?

I was thinking of switching to the emunand setup so I can have a working unbanned switch ( I also have a SWOLED and would like to use NSO on both consoles) along with my current setup of games and saves.

Can I do this easy and are there guides for it ? I guess I have to backup my current SysNAND and transfer it to emu nand somehow and then restore a factory reset blank switch That won’t get banned that I can sign in to legit with NSO.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I am pretty naive about all this stuff but plenty capable of following guides and stuff.

I have an OG switch unpatched and I recently updated it because newer games were starting to not work. I have been running on SysNAND and have used incognito and I have the prod info.bin and a nand backup of way back when I first followed the guide. My understanding is I can’t restore the old Nand now because I have burned fuses upgrading?

I was thinking of switching to the emunand setup so I can have a working unbanned switch ( I also have a SWOLED and would like to use NSO on both consoles) along with my current setup of games and saves.

Can I do this easy and are there guides for it ? I guess I have to backup my current SysNAND and transfer it to emu nand somehow and then restore a factory reset blank switch That won’t get banned that I can sign in to legit with NSO.
For starters, fuses have no affect on restoring eMMC backups. Fuses only prevent you from downgrading normally but technically, as long as your console is unpatched, you can downgrade because the exploit allows us to bypass the fuse check. The other purpose of downgrading is to make use of a potential future exploit that is better than the current exploit but that doesn't stop us from downgrading for other reasons. You don't need to backup your sysMMC to transfer it to emuMMC because the creation of emuMMC is essentially making a copy of your sysMMC as a base. The entire process is handled by Hekate so no need for a guide either.

Reactions: blaisedinsd

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For starters, fuses have no affect on restoring eMMC backups. Fuses only prevent you from downgrading normally but technically, as long as your console is unpatched, you can downgrade because the exploit allows us to bypass the fuse check. The other purpose of downgrading is to make use of a potential future exploit that is better than the current exploit but that doesn't stop us from downgrading for other reasons. You don't need to backup your sysMMC to transfer it to emuMMC because the creation of emuMMC is essentially making a copy of your sysMMC as a base. The entire process is handled by Hekate so no need for a guide either.
I saw a CFWaifu guide that talks about making a partition for emu nand. Do I need to do that and is it a trustworthy guide ? I see it using tegra gui for that

It’s good to know what I’m trying to do is really simple but I have little understanding to try and figure on my own with out some sort of guide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.