Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

spiroid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
And firmware updated successfully on the emuMMC with daybreak :grog:
Thanks @Draxzelex for the very quick replies ! B-)

Last thing I wanted to check: is my sysNand tainted ? Is there any tool to help to check that ?
Or simple things I could check ?
-> I don't want to risk going online, make updates from official servers and get ban.

I don't remember how I last updated my sysNand. I could try to restore an old nandbackup but I'm pretty sure it is not compatible with my efuses state anymore...
Am I screwed (no way to return to a clean official nand) ?

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
im a noob at the switch modding and I see a guy selling a modded switch but you need to run Tegragui to run. I see that is a program you run a script on the pc. I was wonder if I still can get the nand to back up if he doesn't have it.
TegraRcmGUI is a Windows program that injects a payload to a connected Switch booted in RCM mode, so that it can load your custom firmware instead of just the official one. There are alternatives to TegraRcmGUI for Linux, Mac OS, Android and Chromebook devices. Another alternative is to install a modchip on your Switch which will inject a selected payload for you. Except for the modchips, all these options are free, so you can choose which device you want to tether your Switch to when injecting a payload.

You only need to do this when you power up your Switch. If you just put it in sleep mode instead of shutting it down, and don't let the battery deplete completely, you'll never need to inject a payload more than once.

To back up your NAND, you can use Hekate. It can dump your NAND to your SD card and restore from a backup as well as doing some other things. Hekate comes in two parts, the actual software that you copy to your SD card and the payload that you inject from one of the options above (currently, the latest payload is "hekate_ctcaer_5.7.0.bin").

To actually use the hacked Switch, you need to install Atmosphère to your SD card and inject the "fusee.bin" payload that comes with it. There are two ways to do this: Either with TegraRcmGUI (or one of the alternatives listed above), or from within Hekate.

I hope I've answered your questions.

Linnonline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone tell me if I need a special software on my switch to transfer an 100% save onto it? If so could you walk me through doing it?

snoopdog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TegraRcmGUI is a Windows program that injects a payload to a connected Switch booted in RCM mode, so that it can load your custom firmware instead of just the official one. There are alternatives to TegraRcmGUI for Linux, Mac OS, Android and Chromebook devices. Another alternative is to install a modchip on your Switch which will inject a selected payload for you. Except for the modchips, all these options are free, so you can choose which device you want to tether your Switch to when injecting a payload.

You only need to do this when you power up your Switch. If you just put it in sleep mode instead of shutting it down, and don't let the battery deplete completely, you'll never need to inject a payload more than once.

To back up your NAND, you can use Hekate. It can dump your NAND to your SD card and restore from a backup as well as doing some other things. Hekate comes in two parts, the actual software that you copy to your SD card and the payload that you inject from one of the options above (currently, the latest payload is "hekate_ctcaer_5.7.0.bin").

To actually use the hacked Switch, you need to install Atmosphère to your SD card and inject the "fusee.bin" payload that comes with it. There are two ways to do this: Either with TegraRcmGUI (or one of the alternatives listed above), or from within Hekate.

I hope I've answered your questions.
Thank you for info think im going to go pick it up

cobjak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
How to delete android and the allocated partition for Android on my SD card without formating?

I tried, it's fun but emulation is very experimental and en even Android games don't run well so I don't need this...

Also is fat32 slower than exFat in term of game charging?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, Thanks to you guys I was able to get Atmosphere installed and working great on an older Switch a year and a half ago. My daughter wanted to try out some new titles but I need to upgrade to play them. The switch is completely offline and I didn't create a emummc. I believe I have to upgrade Atmosphere and Hekate which I can follow the guides to do. My question is about firmware upgrades and fuse burns. The switch lives in sleep mode, I rarely turn it off and when turning on it's usually into RCM unless I mess it up and have to re try it. If I do accidentally load into the regular Switch after installing newer firmware will that burn the fuses? If so what is the down side of that (why would I ever want to downgrade)? I just don't want to screw it up as it works really great now and I don't want to loose any game playability or saves.

I'm currently on 10.2.0|AMS 0.14.4|S and whatever Hekate went with that at the time.

And I use Awoo installer- 1.3.3

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.
Yes, if you don't launch into CFW after updating the firmware, you will burn fuses. The only repercussion is that you will not be able to downgrade normally below the firmware that corresponds with the newly burnt fuses. While this has no implication on hacking the console nowadays, it is possible that in the future a new exploit is released that is better than the current one (such as a hypothetical untethered coldboot exploit) that requires a specific firmware. If this doesn't interest you, then there is nothing to worry about when it comes to burning fuses. The current exploit is hardware-based meaning it cannot be patched out via software unless you send it to Nintendo for repairs.
Switch owner since launch. Decided to mod my switch so I can swap save data between Ryujinx emulator and my OG switch.

Currently I'm using a 200gb sdcard with lots of games installed and purchased from eShop. Can I use the same sdcard to jailbreak without formatti it? I do not want to lose all the game data and having to re-download.
Should be fine as long as you can keep track of all of your files.
And firmware updated successfully on the emuMMC with daybreak :grog:
Thanks @Draxzelex for the very quick replies ! B-)

Last thing I wanted to check: is my sysNand tainted ? Is there any tool to help to check that ?
Or simple things I could check ?
-> I don't want to risk going online, make updates from official servers and get ban.

I don't remember how I last updated my sysNand. I could try to restore an old nandbackup but I'm pretty sure it is not compatible with my efuses state anymore...
Am I screwed (no way to return to a clean official nand) ?
If you have ever ran CFW/homebrew on your sysMMC, then it is tainted. There is no tool to check for that. If you have a clean backup that was made before running CFW/homebrew, then you can restore that unless you went online already in which case you've already been flagged so restoring the backup will make things worse.

Reactions: ICUDude

spiroid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you have ever ran CFW/homebrew on your sysMMC, then it is tainted. There is no tool to check for that. If you have a clean backup that was made before running CFW/homebrew, then you can restore that unless you went online already in which case you've already been flagged so restoring the backup will make things worse.
Possibly, I really don't remember, it was more than a year ago ... :(
I booted on sysnand with wifi disabled and didn't notice anything that would suggest a cfw. But that's not a chance I'm willing to take.

Is there a way to "factory reset" so that I'm 100% sure to get a clean sysnand back ?

I have a 100% sure clean nand backup but it is on a 8.0.0 firmware version that is not compatible with my fuses state.
(meaning I updated to 9.x somehow)
-> is there a way to restore this 8.x version and update it without tainting it ?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Possibly, I really don't remember, it was more than a year ago ... :(
I booted on sysnand with wifi disabled and didn't notice anything that would suggest a cfw. But that's not a chance I'm willing to take.

Is there a way to "factory reset" so that I'm 100% sure to get a clean sysnand back ?

I have a 100% sure clean nand backup but it is on a 8.0.0 firmware version that is not compatible with my fuses state.
(meaning I updated to 9.x somehow)
-> is there a way to restore this 8.x version and update it without tainting it ?
No, you cannot re-obtain a clean backup if you have already run CFW/homebrew. Your only hope is to restore your 8.0 backup. After that, you will have to update the firmware, offline preferably. You can use a cartridge that has the firmware you are looking for or perform a local game update from a nearby console that is running the firmware you want as well as a game on a higher version than the target console.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to delete android and the allocated partition for Android on my SD card without formating?

I tried, it's fun but emulation is very experimental and en even Android games don't run well so I don't need this...

Also is fat32 slower than exFat in term of game charging?

I use this:

https://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html

You can simply delete the partitions you don’t want and then expand your FAT32 partition to recover the unused space.

exfat drivers are sketchy on the Switch and will eventually corrupt your file system and lose your data. FAT32 is the correct format to use.

Use this to format large FAT32 partitions:

https://rufus.ie/en/

Reactions: cobjak

cobjak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I use this:

https://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html

You can simply delete the partitions you don’t want and then expand your FAT32 partition to recover the unused space.

exfat drivers are sketchy on the Switch and will eventually corrupt your file system and lose your data. FAT32 is the correct format to use.

Use this to format large FAT32 partitions:

https://rufus.ie/en/

Thank you so much, I used exFat for 5 years without any problems but now I format fat32 for this switchroot android and to be honest Android on switch isn't useful and exFat also is a pain but it's too late to format now that I already installed a loooot of stuff...

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much, I used exFat for 5 years without any problems but now I format fat32 for this switchroot android and to be honest Android on switch isn't useful and exFat also is a pain but it's too late to format now that I already installed a loooot of stuff...

if your drive isn’t too large you can back it up to your PC, format the one partition, and then restore without losing anything. Best of luck regardless of which one you chose.

Reactions: impeeza and cobjak

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/o4zjzHyB-I0?si=U77XLBb-jVVqtWXz +2