I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
Hello guys,

I recently switched from SXOS to AMS 1.2.5 on my Switch. Everything works fine except my legit game cards aren't working anymore (but they work fine on sysNAND). More specifically, the game tile appears when I insert the game card but when I try to run it, the following error message appears: Could not start the software. Please try again from the HOME

I am using hekate to load fusee and boot to Atmosphère.

I read about the nogc flag, so I set autonogc to 0 on hekate (in bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini) and forced nogc to 0 in stratosphère using the configuration file atmosphere/config/stratosphere.ini (copying the template from config_template folder).

Still my game card is not working. Both my sysNAND and emuNAND are on 13.2.0 so fuses should not be a problem to begin with. Does anyone know what else could be configured improperly ?

Content of my configuration files:
atmosphere/config/stratosphere.ini:

[stratosphere]
; To force-enable nogc, add nogc = 1
nogc = 0

bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=0
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0

[Atmosphere CFW]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[Stock SysNAND]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

Thanks !

SwGirlAdv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I can tell you have experience with Android rooting and custom ROM flashing. Which tells me you know the importance of NAND backups. If you can't boot to stock switch but can boot sysNAND with CFW, then the next step in my mind would be to restore your NAND from the backup you created. That was one of the first steps when preparing your switch for CFW. It's literally a backup of your switch before you did anything to your switch. It was before you even made your emuNAND, before you booted atmosphere, before you got it to boot cfw sysNAND, before you tell into this issue of stock not booting. One other thought, if you don't mind me asking, when you got started modding your switch, did you start off with a freshly wiped factory reset switch or did you have some titles installed and WiFi connections etc? I ask because you can use the most recent version of the TegraExplorer payload and wipe your switch's NAND, removing all traces of you ever booting CFW on sysNAND. You may want to hey that before doing a restore or do a restore then is the TegraExplorer wipe function to clear out your sysNAND of all settings and titles. I hope this helps
Thank you for being so kind and trying to help me. You're right, I do have some experience with android, even Wii and 3ds, thought never become an expert, just stuck with the basics, and even forgot that first back up, I will search for how to restore it, but first, I'll try this tegra explorer, I use a payload injector since the beginning, so I never tried this method, and yes, when I decided to jailbreak my switch, I still had some titles installed and internet config. I will see what I can do here, you probably put me in the right direction here. Have a nice day/night |D.

Reactions: LegzRwheelz

LegzRwheelz

Trophies
Scrolling here learning to mod my dishwasher
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for being so kind and trying to help me. You're right, I do have some experience with android, even Wii and 3ds, thought never become an expert, just stuck with the basics, and even forgot that first back up, I will search for how to restore it, but first, I'll try this tegra explorer, I use a payload injector since the beginning, so I never tried this method, and yes, when I decided to jailbreak my switch, I still had some titles installed and internet config. I will see what I can do here, you probably put me in the right direction here. Have a nice day/night |D.
You're quite welcome but it's really not a problem. Your experience gives you a bit of an edge over someone who is new to this part of gaming. Hekate is another payload injector, it is the equivalent of TWRP recovery on an Android device. It's what is the life support to the device should an issue happen to arise. I haven't used the restore function yet but here is a guide on restoring. That site has everything you would need to know about modding and maintaining your switch. If you didn't create a backup though, there's not much more that I can suggest apart from doing the full wipe using TegraExplorer. If you do get back into sysNAND, you can look through that guide and follow the instructions for creating a backup found here. Good luck and feel free to send me a message if you need.

Reactions: SwGirlAdv

LegzRwheelz

Trophies
Scrolling here learning to mod my dishwasher
XP
Country
United States
I think my Google Fu is a bit off currently, I'm trying to find a forwarder that launches the Mii maker from within settings so my daughter doesn't have to go into system settings.. Does one even exist? Is there a way I could make a forwarder that calls on that function? Maybe a homebrew app that does this then make a forwarder. I appreciate any and all help. Thanks in advance!

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys,

I recently switched from SXOS to AMS 1.2.5 on my Switch. Everything works fine except my legit game cards aren't working anymore (but they work fine on sysNAND). More specifically, the game tile appears when I insert the game card but when I try to run it, the following error message appears: Could not start the software. Please try again from the HOME

I am using hekate to load fusee and boot to Atmosphère.

I read about the nogc flag, so I set autonogc to 0 on hekate (in bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini) and forced nogc to 0 in stratosphère using the configuration file atmosphere/config/stratosphere.ini (copying the template from config_template folder).

Still my game card is not working. Both my sysNAND and emuNAND are on 13.2.0 so fuses should not be a problem to begin with. Does anyone know what else could be configured improperly ?

Content of my configuration files:
atmosphere/config/stratosphere.ini:

bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini:

Thanks !
can try to edit the stratosphere.ini and change it to read only. if that doesnt work, you said you set autonogc in hekate ipl aswell, so you can try to boot emunand using fss0. just make sure you have the hekate sigpatches, and put this in your hekate ipl. boot using hekate > launch > fss0 emunand
[fss0 Emunand)]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

TheDarkMode

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hey guys, thanks for all the support here.
Quick question: I have a new switch (fusee gelee capable). Can I just switch the SD Card to the new one to keep everything how it is, or do I need to make adjustments for MAC Adress and stuff like that?
Thanks for your help!

einhuman197

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey there!

I have the following situation and I wanted to know if I can do that setup as I plan without risking a console ban

I have a switch with the following setup:

-Switch iPatched - FW 4.1 with Caffeine as Entry Point for CFW
-Clean Emunand with Atmosphere - an Emunand with latest FW that hasn't touched any dirty nsps or something - using it to play legit cartridges and eshop games online. Not banned (yet), because the emunand hasnt done anything ban worthy, online working fine.
-Dirty Emunand with Atmosphere - an Emunand used to play nsps obtained from the webz ;). Its always offline, plus has 90dns setup. Its updated via nca update files.

I now have a first time situation. I tested a game (in this case Mario Party Superstars) on dirty emunand for a few hours offline and I really like it. I plan to buy it to play with my friends online, of course on the clean emunand. The question now is: Can I back up my savestate from the dirty emunand installation (the save itself ofc is 100% legit, no cheated coins or something, played normally) and restore it to a fresh cartridge copy of the same game on the clean NAND, and can I play the game online without having to fear a console ban? Is there a unique game ID in the save games or something similar that ninty can detect and result in a ban?

Thanks in advance!

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently using the sxos dongle. So new games theoretically shouldn't work.

However I noticed in the download description for GTA San Andreas that someone was able to use the program "Switch Army Knife" to patch the NSP and then load via tinfoil.

Is it indeed possible to remain on sxOS, use the patch NSP feature for switch army knife and have this be enough to load new games on sxOS (rather than switching to a CFW)?

I know most users on here recommend migrating over to atmosphere, I'm just wondering if what i mentioned above is a workaround to use new games on sxOS. Thanks.

foregonecon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't used my hacked switch for a long time, I have an old switch that had sx os on it, can I just use a new sd card and use atmosphere like a brand new user if I don't care about my old data? Also, would I still use choidujournx to update my firmware since it's on 10.something, or is there a new app I should use? What app is used for installing nsp through wifi?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, thanks for all the support here.
Quick question: I have a new switch (fusee gelee capable). Can I just switch the SD Card to the new one to keep everything how it is, or do I need to make adjustments for MAC Adress and stuff like that?
Thanks for your help!
If you're not using partition-based emuMMC, you can copy everything from one SD card to the other. If you are using partition-based emuMMC, you can still copy everything over but you will also have to dump your emuMMC then flash it into the new SD card. Hekate can do this for you.
Hey there!

I have the following situation and I wanted to know if I can do that setup as I plan without risking a console ban

I have a switch with the following setup:

-Switch iPatched - FW 4.1 with Caffeine as Entry Point for CFW
-Clean Emunand with Atmosphere - an Emunand with latest FW that hasn't touched any dirty nsps or something - using it to play legit cartridges and eshop games online. Not banned (yet), because the emunand hasnt done anything ban worthy, online working fine.
-Dirty Emunand with Atmosphere - an Emunand used to play nsps obtained from the webz ;). Its always offline, plus has 90dns setup. Its updated via nca update files.

I now have a first time situation. I tested a game (in this case Mario Party Superstars) on dirty emunand for a few hours offline and I really like it. I plan to buy it to play with my friends online, of course on the clean emunand. The question now is: Can I back up my savestate from the dirty emunand installation (the save itself ofc is 100% legit, no cheated coins or something, played normally) and restore it to a fresh cartridge copy of the same game on the clean NAND, and can I play the game online without having to fear a console ban? Is there a unique game ID in the save games or something similar that ninty can detect and result in a ban?

Thanks in advance!
Using any homebrew will risk you getting banned.
Hi guys,after having transferred via usb and installed an nsp game in the switch, can i delete the file?
Sure why not
I'm currently using the sxos dongle. So new games theoretically shouldn't work.

However I noticed in the download description for GTA San Andreas that someone was able to use the program "Switch Army Knife" to patch the NSP and then load via tinfoil.

Is it indeed possible to remain on sxOS, use the patch NSP feature for switch army knife and have this be enough to load new games on sxOS (rather than switching to a CFW)?

I know most users on here recommend migrating over to atmosphere, I'm just wondering if what i mentioned above is a workaround to use new games on sxOS. Thanks.
Well you can try although eventually this will stop working once games are built with the SDKs on higher firmware versions. Downgrading the game is only a temporary solution but in the long run, you will eventually have to setup Atmosphere. Its just a matter of time.
I haven't used my hacked switch for a long time, I have an old switch that had sx os on it, can I just use a new sd card and use atmosphere like a brand new user if I don't care about my old data? Also, would I still use choidujournx to update my firmware since it's on 10.something, or is there a new app I should use? What app is used for installing nsp through wifi?
If you don't care about any old data, you can just use a new SD card. There is also a more updated app for updating your firmware called Daybreak. It comes bundled with Atmosphere automatically. As for installing .NSP files via Wi-Fi. you can try using TinWoo Installer and NS-USBLoader.

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're not using partition-based emuMMC, you can copy everything from one SD card to the other. If you are using partition-based emuMMC, you can still copy everything over but you will also have to dump your emuMMC then flash it into the new SD card. Hekate can do this for you.

Using any homebrew will risk you getting banned.

Sure why not

Well you can try although eventually this will stop working once games are built with the SDKs on higher firmware versions. Downgrading the game is only a temporary solution but in the long run, you will eventually have to setup Atmosphere. Its just a matter of time.

If you don't care about any old data, you can just use a new SD card. There is also a more updated app for updating your firmware called Daybreak. It comes bundled with Atmosphere automatically. As for installing .NSP files via Wi-Fi. you can try using TinWoo Installer and NS-USBLoader.
Will I have to patch update files and dlc as well? Or just the game itself? Also I meant to say install via gold leaf.

So as of now does this patch method allow all current games to be played via sxos? Or are there known exceptions?

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will I have to patch update files and dlc as well? Or just the game itself? Also I meant to say install via gold leaf.

So as of now does this patch method allow all current games to be played via sxos? Or are there known exceptions?
idk if theres a list that shows compitiblity for newer games but alot of the patched sx os games have dlc included. while some other games work, but the update for it wont. I think ACNH ran into this issue on one of its latest updates where atomsphere needed a update for the dlc to work, which means itll never work for sx os.

its an expanding mine field. best to migrate to atmosphere.

Reactions: Prior22

paul061788

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a Day 1 Switch hacked w/ Atmosphere; I want to do some testing with Splatoon 2 gear data. I have hacked the gear a few times to help me get the abilities I need cause the amount of time it would take to get everything in S2 is unrealistic for me. For testing purposes only. Nothing else is on this system.

The system is/will remain offline. Problem is that on my Day One Switch S2 save is still on version 5.4.0 verses 5.5.0. How am I able to update/sideload to 5.5.0 w/out connecting online and being banned at all? I never connect online anyways w/ this Switch. I do everything on my other non-hacked RB Switch and I don't want to be banned there either.

Pokepicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've never stumbled upon, nor given malicious games much thought. But IF I where to install one of these "bricking games", would this actually cause any damage to my Nintendo Switch? Other than having to setup eMMC again?

I exclusively use eMMC while on my modified Switch. It's OFW is 3.0.0.

"What happens in eMMC, stays in eMMC"? Or could it actually affect my OFW or Switch hardware?

Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So what's the latest on ya?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, I've never seen you in a while. How's that game getting on?
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Unity is a asshole and I want to set it on fire
    +1
    and C++
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.