Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so very much for such a concise and non-flamatory answer that's so easy to understand...

I tried asking it with as much concision as possible but feel like my head is spinning when I'm typing it out and leaves me feeling like I'm asking the same thing over and over in different ways while missing important parts of my question which ultimately leads to multiple edits and re-edits.

Lastly, I understand sigpatches but am wondering what I need to run to update my sigpatches. I found something called Mariko but don't quite grasp what to do with it. How do I check my current sigpatches to know if they need updating? Oh and if I ever factory reset(I know it's unnecessary), do my prod.keys need redumping (like how the SD card no longer works with the system after a factory reset)?

Oh yeah and the final "lastly" question, lulz... I am a bit confused with the cart slot versioning(switch cartridges). How does someone update their firmware but not the cart slot? Why would they keep the cart slot as a lower version?

Ok ok, one final final "lastly" question. So I know to never ever take the emuNAND Switch online without 90dns (is there still a risk of a ban) and that running emuNAND is essentially like dual-booting the Switch. What I'm wanting to know is if Nintendo would know that my switch has run CFW? Would they know if my switch ran CFW from sysNAND before creating an emuNAND? Would I safely be able to take stock sysNAND Switch online for games like Fortnite and Smash? Should I keep 2 different SD cards so Nintendo doesn't go sniffing around? Thanks again and I'm sorry for so many questions, I hope these questions help others that are confused on the matters like I am.
you can grab the sigpatches off github if you google itotaljustice. you need to grab the latest ones every time you update atmosphere and hekate. download either one, they are the same. and make sure to add the sigpatches after you update atmosphere else youll overwrite the wrong files.
no you shouldnt need to redump your keys if you factory reset assuming you still have the sd files.

if you update the fw while in cfw, this can skip the gamecard slot fw update, typically to fix you need to boot into stock ofw or worst case next version update make sure to boot to stock to update to burn the fuse. no one wants to keep to gc fw lower on purpose.

nintendo will or can know you ran cfw on sysnand the moment you connect to the internet without incognito or 90dns. however they dont seem to care if you stick to basic homebrew and avoid installing pirated content on that nand. but yea there is a slight risk. if you create a emunand, 90dns or incognito it, nintendo wont know that nand exists. it is impossible to get banned in a offline emunand. they cant read your sd card contents.

you can run pirated games and everything on your offline emunand, then boot into stock or even syscfw to play legit bought games online and such. tho stock while online is the safest method.

LegzRwheelz

Trophies
Scrolling here learning to mod my dishwasher
XP
Country
United States
you can grab the sigpatches off github if you google itotaljustice. you need to grab the latest ones every time you update atmosphere and hekate. download either one, they are the same. and make sure to add the sigpatches after you update atmosphere else youll overwrite the wrong files.
no you shouldnt need to redump your keys if you factory reset assuming you still have the sd files.

if you update the fw while in cfw, this can skip the gamecard slot fw update, typically to fix you need to boot into stock ofw or worst case next version update make sure to boot to stock to update to burn the fuse. no one wants to keep to gc fw lower on purpose.

nintendo will or can know you ran cfw on sysnand the moment you connect to the internet without incognito or 90dns. however they dont seem to care if you stick to basic homebrew and avoid installing pirated content on that nand. but yea there is a slight risk. if you create a emunand, 90dns or incognito it, nintendo wont know that nand exists. it is impossible to get banned in a offline emunand. they cant read your sd card contents.

you can run pirated games and everything on your offline emunand, then boot into stock or even syscfw to play legit bought games online and such. tho stock while online is the safest method.
Again, thank you so much for such a concise response and helping me understand these things.

So since Nintendo would know the moment I went online that I booted into CFW before making my emuNAND, would factory resetting before doing a system update, wipe that information or "flag" from the switch? I want to look 100% legit to Nintendo when I'm on sysNAND so I can play online with some games, other games I want to use cheats, I will own all games legitimately though (buy the eshop version then back it up to SD), I just love the trainers with Tesla overlay idea, it brings me back to the OG XBOX xbcm and the PSP GTA:LCS cheat device plugin days *sighs reminiscently* "such fond memories" 😍 (adjusting gravity on the fly then cause some chaos and crank the gravity up to 19x 🤣, the cops all dropped dead as soon as they got out of the vehicles. Sorry for getting distracted.

One more question, can I update my emuNAND after sysNAND gets updated without having to start anew? Is this where daybreak comes into play?

chezyo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, I´ve got a problem after updating Atmosphere with the All-in-one Updater.
Maybe someone could please help me, don´t know how I could fix it.
Got the latest atmosphere version from the all-in-one-updater on 13.1 fw (not using emunand).
after the update he asked me to also update hekate to 5.6.2. everything fine so far, then the question came: "should hekate payload /bootloader/update.bin being copied to /atmosphere/reboot_payload.bin" ? I wasn´t sure what to do and accepted.
Now I can boot into hekate perfectly and also start the cfw but after any click on anything the switch is getting extremely slow, takes about one minute to react after pushing a button. there are no slowdowns booting into the ofw. copied the update.bin on the sd card from a backup without any change.. everything is freezing for minutes.
is there anything i could try to fix without starting from scratch ? thanks for any help.

omeguito

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The local wireless is an ad-hoc network with a non-standard handshake and it uses a pre-shared key. Has anyone managed to derive this key and decrypt communication between two devices?

Reactions: LegzRwheelz

cloudfe

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well you can't use shops with TinWoo so you can keep it around just in case.

Well, Tinwoo worked flawlessly (in combination with NS-USBloader). Consider me converted :)
I saw that Tinwoo also had the option to update the sigpatches for me. Can I trust it and stop doing these updates manually?

Reactions: LegzRwheelz

3DSBricker

Not So Daily Active Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The local wireless is an ad-hoc network with a non-standard handshake and it uses a pre-shared key. Has anyone managed to derive this key and decrypt communication between two devices?
I'm not sure, but for what purpose would you do that? There already is LAN play which transfers the ad-hoc to Wi-Fi/LAN so you can play online while the Switch thinks it's local.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If i want to install Android 10 on Switch and i already have Atmosphere installed, do i have to backup everything before installing it?

FrienemyStand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to convert my sysnand to emunand so I can go online without getting banned, but when I try booting into hekate, I get an error message saying to update my bootloader folder. I had it working perfectly before I partitioned my sd card. What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• Screenshot (52).png
    Screenshot (52).png
    251.2 KB · Views: 63
  • Screenshot (53).png
    Screenshot (53).png
    252.7 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot (54).png
    Screenshot (54).png
    247.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot (55).png
    Screenshot (55).png
    247.9 KB · Views: 60

omeguito

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm not sure, but for what purpose would you do that? There already is LAN play which transfers the ad-hoc to Wi-Fi/LAN so you can play online while the Switch thinks it's local.
AFAIK, for games that only have local wireless available, you have to mod your Switch to use LAN play, which some people may not want to do.

3DSBricker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
AFAIK, for games that only have local wireless available, you have to mod your Switch to use LAN play, which some people may not want to do.
You don't necessarily need CFW for LAN play. It can work with a custom DNS or gateway too, you need a program running on your computer. On there you also set the server you want it to connect to.

FrienemyStand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could be. Why do you have 2 different partitions with files for it? Are you sure the bootloader folder is on the right partition?
I have two partitions because im trying to setup an emunand so I can still go on the eshop and stuff without getting banned. I'm just not sure which partition this stuff goes in.

3DSBricker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have two partitions because im trying to setup an emunand so I can still go on the eshop and stuff without getting banned. I'm just not sure which partition this stuff goes in.
You shouldn't be able to see the EmuNAND. It's a hidden partition. I noticed the folder Android, is that because you also (want to) run Android on your Switch? Or did Android make that folder?
You need to make one big partition in FAT32 and then use Hekate to make an EmuNAND as partition. The SD card will be formatted again so only place Hekate on it.

omeguito

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You don't necessarily need CFW for LAN play. It can work with a custom DNS or gateway too, you need a program running on your computer. On there you also set the server you want it to connect to.
But that only works if the game has support for LAN play right? Not local wireless exclusive titles like Monster Hunter and many others.

FrienemyStand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You shouldn't be able to see the EmuNAND. It's a hidden partition. I noticed the folder Android, is that because you also (want to) run Android on your Switch? Or did Android make that folder?
I was trying to set up an injector on my phone. As for emunand, I set up the emunand through hekate, which made a partition on my sd card. Isnt that the whole point of emunand? to create a duplicate OS? I'm sorry, I'm just really confused.

3DSBricker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
But that only works if the game has support for LAN play right? Not local wireless exclusive titles like Monster Hunter and many others.
Well you're connecting to that server if it's LAN play in the game and if it's local play too. To redirect ad-hoc you do need the ldn_mitm.kip file, which can only be used with CFW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night