Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

microchipman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How does anyone here feel about burning fuses? Do we care anymore or do we try to keep them as long as possible? I keep hearing from both sides. #FuseLifeMatters #idcBurnThemAll

I decided to go ahead and burn mine, but I kind of regretting it now. I updated my EmuMMC to 12.1.0, but my game cart port couldn't read my carts and just decided to burn fuses by disabling AutoNoGC. Can I not play legit games on my Switch? How am I going to update BDSP? I rather not touch sysNAND. I just want to live in my EmuMMC world for now. I wish, I just dumped my cart instead burning fuses.

Thank you for the confirmation of only using EmuMMC and never disabling AutoRCM. I'm making notes of those. Have you setup a partition for Linux on your device? If so, what are you using the Linux partition for? How do you feel about burning fuses?

Replying in order to your comments.
-I'm not sure what I did wrong. I tried the latest sigPatches with 11.0.0 and couldn't get tinfoil to install.
-Perhaps my instructions for Tinfoil was bad. I already didn't know that.
-My apologizes if you mentioned that before. I was trying to figure out if the sigPATCHes were backwards compatible.
-I extract sigPATCHES into my SD. I am pretty sure I did that correctly.
-I tried that and github page as well.
-When I don't fully understand concepts, I make mistakes. ha!
-I wish, I would have dumped my carts.
-I agree with you. After quite a bit of reading, I think, I have a better understanding of the scene.
-My bad. I think, I wrongly at'd you.
Thank you for help. I appreciate it quite a bit.

Thank you for the help with better understanding my Switch. It's been a while since I touched it. I appreciate you, man.
To Apply the SIGpatches:

Look for the same folder names on your SD card, and replace those folders with the patch ones, and the contents, and you'll be good to go.

• So basically, the: exefs_patches and kip_patches get copied into the atmosphere folder on your SD card
  • Rename your current hekate_ipl.ini to hekate_iplBU.ini, that is in your bootloader folder on your SD card
  • Then copy the SIGpatches hekate_ipl.ini and patches.ini to your bootloader folder on your SD card.

Flipgirl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think we need a little more information about your current modded setup. But without any, I can just pass you this, and hopefully it's enough to get you going.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.488277/post-9665272
Hello, thank you for your response. I am running atmosphere hmm I don't know what else to say, I modded my switch a while back and so far it has been working great, I update it every time atmosphere updates and I mainly use it for acnh and now pokemon. I wanted to download another game and try for cheats but my sd card is not full and I have no memory left to download the game, that is the only reason I wanted to upgrade to a bigger sd card :)

Pokepicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
EDIT: This issue has been resolved.

I just did a booboo.

tl;dr: Updated emuMMC using "match local user" with a stock console running the most recent version. Wiped SD card, trying to setup CFW from scratch on 3.0.0 console. Stopped by error code 2162-0002 while attempting to run HBmenu through Album app.

Edit SOLVED: Found an ancient set of SD setup files on my PC, dated 12_13_20. Using these older files sent me straight to Hekate And I am back in business!

I have a OG Switch running 3.0.0. It was setup to boot into emuMMC, using Hekate (Caffeine) through "Fake News".
Yesterday I was going to attempt to trade Pokémon between this and a stock console. It told me we had different versions. I knew the game versions where different as I had yet to install the update file on the CFW Switch.

Trying to save time I opted for the "match local users" option, and proceeded to download what I at first thought was the game update from my stock Switch, to my CFW console. Near the end I noticed it said "updating system". Weird, I thought to myself. As I thougth I was updating the game. What I think happened was that it updated the CFW console (while in emuMMC) to whatever the latest update is. It didn't like this and resulted in a black screen displaying some ERROR I can't remember.

I opted to start from scratch. Formatted my 128gb SD card to FAT32. Followed the same guide I've used a couple of times before https://switch.homebrew.guide and downloaded the recommended files. Did the wi-fi authentication prompt option and successfully loaded PegaScape. After hitting the Homebrew icon I get a "Success" message, and I'm asked to open the Album app.

Upon opening Album my console crashes to an error message 2162-0002, as well as displaying my FW version (3.0.0), and something I assume was my serial number.

Doing some searching seem to end up in "delete folder "0100000000001000" in atmosphere/content. I don't have a folder like this (never used themes). Also, this is a clean set of SD files, downloaded today. I tried downloading Atmosphere manually from GitHub. Coped the files and replaced old ones. Tried again, same exact error.

According System Settings my consoles sysnand/sysMMC is still on 3.0.0. As I would expect, seeing that it was my emuMMC that was updated.

What can I do to get back up and running with some CFW?

Edit SOLVED: After doing some rummaging of my hard drive I found a backup of the SD files I used the previous time I set up CFW. These where dated 12_13_20 and booted straight into Hekate without any issues. I guess I am back in business.

Last edited by Pokepicker,

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emuMMC can be used to run higher firmware versions without updating the actual firmware of your console or act as a brick shield. Its not mandatory to use an emuMMC and its also never too late to set one up. Either way, your setup is fine if your intention is not to play online.

There is no CFW that is on version 12.1. SX OS' highest versions is 3.1 and Atmosphere's is 1.2.4

1. Noobs really need to stop overusing the word 'brick'. If just trying to send a payload could brick a console, nobody would use that exploit or there would be big red text on all sorts of guides. A patched console just means they patched out an exploit.
  2. The payload doesn't install or "turn on" anything; its effects exist in RAM so if the console is turned off, you would have to redo the exploit

Outside of Retroarch, you can use pNES and pSNES.
Wow that was some really intelligent guidance. Thanks for that. Now why don’t you go outside and try and talk too some real live human beings. So you can learn how to interpret and read between the lines.
We know there is no CFW 12.1. Do you know what does have a 12.1 genius?
Dude if you’re not here too help just move on.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow that was some really intelligent guidance. Thanks for that. Now why don’t you go outside and try and talk too some real live human beings. So you can learn how to interpret and read between the lines.
We know there is no CFW 12.1. Do you know what does have a 12.1 genius?
Dude if you’re not here too help just move on.
I can't assume what you do or do not know. For all I know, you may have had a huge misconception about CFW version numbers. Furthermore, you cannot assume everyone else will be able to 'read between the lines' because they simply may not know what you're referring to. Nobody else has complained about my help so I don't see what your issue is. But if you don't want my help, then good luck trying to update your system and not having everything go wrong because updating the firmware gives users the most issues.
How do you change users in checkpoint?
Just so you know, I downloaded Checkpoint just to answer this question. Apparently, in the bottom right corner, you will see the icon of whatever user is currently active. Clicking that brings up the menu to change users.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Reactions: laz305 and BigOnYa

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I can't assume what you do or do not know. For all I know, you may have had a huge misconception about CFW version numbers. Furthermore, you cannot assume everyone else will be able to 'read between the lines' because they simply may not know what you're referring to. Nobody else has complained about my help so I don't see what your issue is. But if you don't want my help, then good luck trying to update your system and not having everything go wrong because updating the firmware gives users the most issues.

Just so you know, I downloaded Checkpoint just to answer this question. Apparently, in the bottom right corner, you will see the icon of whatever user is currently active. Clicking that brings up the menu to change users.
exaclty, on Checkpoint you tap the user icon to change, but for now there is a bug where after you change the user, the icon stay the same and the name of new backups include the name of the old user, but the backups are for the new user.

CremeBruleeeee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tegrarcmgui has not been working for me. Whenever I connect my Switch that is in RCM mode, it tells me I need to download the drivers and shows "USB Driver K.O.". I tried to download the driver's needed and it keeps telling me that it failed to install those files. I have also used Zadig to try to install these files, which also failed. I have run both programs in administrator mode and it still does not work. I know that the cable is working and the Switch is not patched. I have tried many USB ports already and none has fixed the issue. I have used Tegrarcmgui before on this computer and has worked perfectly fine. I am not sure why this time around, it is refusing to.
Screenshot 2021-11-26 104331.png

Screenshot 2021-11-26 104315.png

Screenshot 2021-11-26 104608.png

microchipman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, thank you for your response. I am running atmosphere hmm I don't know what else to say, I modded my switch a while back and so far it has been working great, I update it every time atmosphere updates and I mainly use it for acnh and now pokemon. I wanted to download another game and try for cheats but my sd card is not full and I have no memory left to download the game, that is the only reason I wanted to upgrade to a bigger sd card :)
Okay, so yes I would get a new SD card and follow this guide, you will be happy. It will accomplish everything you want. Remember to apply SIGpatches too. Have fun.

microchipman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

@Draxzelex I rather enjoy your help ;) As well I really enjoy your down to earth, straight to the point advice and knowledge. I rather enjoy not having to read between the lines. Your hard work is much appreciated. Please keep up the excellent work.

Reactions: Draxzelex

BestSiteEvar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am using latest atmosphere, hekate, and everything up-to-date. Is there any reason why my atmosphere fails to boot when I add this piece of code to the system_settings.ini in atmosphere/config/system_settings.ini?

Code:
[tc]
; Unlock fan speeds
 tskin_rate_table_console = str!"[[-1000000, 40000, 0, 0], [36000, 43000, 51, 102], [43000, 53000, 102, 153], [53000, 58000, 153, 255], [58000, 1000000, 255, 255]]"
 tskin_rate_table_handheld = str!"[[-1000000, 40000, 0, 0], [36000, 43000, 102, 102], [43000, 48000, 102, 153], [48000, 53000, 153, 153], [53000, 1000000, 255, 255], [48000, 1000000, 255, 255]]"

I added that piece of code at the bottom of my system_settings.ini file and it fails to boot. It only successfully boots when I add the semicolon ";" before the code to each line and becomes green. Does the setting still take effect this way? Thanks! Below I have attached my config file incase something may be wrong with it. Thank you very much

Attachments

• system_settings.rar
    1.5 KB · Views: 60

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tegrarcmgui has not been working for me. Whenever I connect my Switch that is in RCM mode, it tells me I need to download the drivers and shows "USB Driver K.O.". I tried to download the driver's needed and it keeps telling me that it failed to install those files. I have also used Zadig to try to install these files, which also failed. I have run both programs in administrator mode and it still does not work. I know that the cable is working and the Switch is not patched. I have tried many USB ports already and none has fixed the issue. I have used Tegrarcmgui before on this computer and has worked perfectly fine. I am not sure why this time around, it is refusing to.
View attachment 287169
View attachment 287170
View attachment 287168
Try using other USB cables and/or operating systems.

MrSandstorm

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, not sure if this belongs here but seems like a noob question, so here it is. What exactly are prod.keys used for when manipulating .nsp and .nsz files? More specifically, are each system/user's unique or it doesn't make any difference? From reading about it I could gather that they're needed in order to read/write the .nca files contained within, and the keys used for that would be the same for every system, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

For example, two users, say user A with an unpatched Erista model and user B with a chipped Mariko (just to illustrate different models). Both dump their respective prod.keys and start with an identical input.nsp file. Both use a tool like SAK with their own prod.keys to convert it to outA.nsz and outB.nsz respectively, and then back to outA.nsp and outB.nsp. Would outA.nsz be identical to outB.nsz, and also outA.nsp = outB.nsp = input.nsp? Or would there be anything in the files that could indicate which prod.keys were used to make it?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, not sure if this belongs here but seems like a noob question, so here it is. What exactly are prod.keys used for when manipulating .nsp and .nsz files? More specifically, are each system/user's unique or it doesn't make any difference? From reading about it I could gather that they're needed in order to read/write the .nca files contained within, and the keys used for that would be the same for every system, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

For example, two users, say user A with an unpatched Erista model and user B with a chipped Mariko (just to illustrate different models). Both dump their respective prod.keys and start with an identical input.nsp file. Both use a tool like SAK with their own prod.keys to convert it to outA.nsz and outB.nsz respectively, and then back to outA.nsp and outB.nsp. Would outA.nsz be identical to outB.nsz, and also outA.nsp = outB.nsp = input.nsp? Or would there be anything in the files that could indicate which prod.keys were used to make it?
Prod.keys is a generic name for a file containing Nintendo Switch keys. Outside of BIS keys, all keys are the same across all consoles. The only reason users are forced to dump their own keys is because these keys are considered copyrighted material so sharing them is illegal. The legal workaround is to simply have users just dump the keys themselves.

Anyway, these keys are used for a wide variety of purposes from datamining games to repacking them. This is because all Nintendo Switch content are encrypted with these keys. In order to say, convert from .NSP to .NSZ, you need to unpack the games first then repack them. One cannot do this without the necessary keys to unpack them in the first place. Therefore no matter what console does the packing or unpacking, the results will always be the same.

MrSandstorm

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Prod.keys is a generic name for a file containing Nintendo Switch keys. Outside of BIS keys, all keys are the same across all consoles. The only reason users are forced to dump their own keys is because these keys are considered copyrighted material so sharing them is illegal. The legal workaround is to simply have users just dump the keys themselves.

Anyway, these keys are used for a wide variety of purposes from datamining games to repacking them. This is because all Nintendo Switch content are encrypted with these keys. In order to say, convert from .NSP to .NSZ, you need to unpack the games first then repack them. One cannot do this without the necessary keys to unpack them in the first place. Therefore no matter what console does the packing or unpacking, the results will always be the same.
Got it. Thank you!

Reactions: Draxzelex

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a