Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent thank you! Can I update with AIO Switch Updater? Before connecting to WiFi on CFW - emuMMC and updating FW, should I do anything to reduce the ban risk? Lastly, I started playing ACNH on Yuzu before getting the console. I then bought the console and game. I wish to transfer my Yuzu save to the console and play online on OFW - stock. Possible?
While you can use the AIO Switch Updater, I personally would have to recommend against using that app. The reason is because a lot of users end up running into issues when using it which is no surprise considering its an automated update process. Updating by manually changing the files will always be better because you have control over which files you are transferring. I'd also advise against updating the emuMMC via Wi-Fi. Instead, you should use the homebrew application Daybreak which comes bundled with Atmosphere so you can update offline. In order to update with Daybreak, you will need to download the Nintendo Switch firmware files separately and put them on your SD card to install with Daybreak. These cannot be linked nor shared here as they are copyrighted material but rest assured that they are available illegally on the Internet. Lastly, while you might be able to transfer the save from Yuzu to OFW, doing so is a ban risk since you need to use homebrew to implant the save file.

PikachuPro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated to 13.0 on emmu, now I get errors whenever I try to boot CFW emmu from Hekate:
Failed to identify kernel!
Failed to launch HOS!

Everything was perfectly fine before. I was on 10.something on emmu, I updated files on my SD card, updated to 13.0 using Daybreak, and now I get these errors.

But, at the end of the update I picked the restart option, but it hung for a long time at the black screen so I held down power for a forced power down to restart. that's the only odd thing that happened before these errors.

seseiSeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Being banned doesn't affect the ability to use homebrew applications that require Internet; bans only affect games and services that use Nintendo's servers like online play or NSO. That being said, 90DNS can help prevent an avoidable ban while still allowing non-Nintendo tools to use the Internet like homebrew apps.
I know that being banned just locks you out of Nintendos stuff, but I wouldn't like that Switch to get banned regardless.
So, about installing and running custom NSPs, can that be a reason for a ban? Since I'm not logged in, custom NSPs would obviously not appear in my play history and 90DNS should block the telemetry, shouldn't it?

bupeapoop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So recently I've been toying with the idea of buying a V1 unpatched Nintendo Switch on the second hand market. The thing is, I've always been a console gamer, and not so much a handheld gamer. Is it a great substitute for the likes of the PS4? Were you always Nintendo fans before buying yours? I'd love to hear some opinions on why you bought your own Switch and whether you've been happy or not with your overall decision.

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yep, its just as easy as using a save manager to dump and restore the save files. JKSV is currently the recommended homebrew save application.

Thanks, it was even easier than I thought, I just moved my user over to the OLED Switch and redownloaded all games and made it primary. Then I just deleted everything but my nephews account of my sysMMC and now I cleaned up and updated my emuMMC. If my nephew wants to use my Switch now I'll just boot him into sysMMC and be done with it :P

Another question, is it safe to charge a Switch itself with a Apple USB-C charger like the one that comes with a iPad Air 4 2020? I don't want to have two docks on my desk.

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Quick terminology question: What does HOS stand for?

I keep seeing it and just want to know the meaning. I can only guess at Hardware Official Software as HOS 13.0.0 is a download on the TotalJustice patches page ahaha
It stands for Horizon OS, the name of the official firmware that comes installed on the Switch.

Reactions: Zkajavier

Zkajavier

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
I know that being banned just locks you out of Nintendos stuff, but I wouldn't like that Switch to get banned regardless.
So, about installing and running custom NSPs, can that be a reason for a ban? Since I'm not logged in, custom NSPs would obviously not appear in my play history and 90DNS should block the telemetry, shouldn't it?

If you have any nsp installed and go online without 90dns or incognito, you're 100% getting banned. Otherwise you're safe (as safe as it can go).

If you want to reduce the risk as much as you can, you should have an emunand, where all the cfw stuff is and install on it both, 90dns and incognito, and then separately, have a clean sysnand without any modification, where you can even play online safely as long as you don't run cfw on it and just use legit bought games. (this is what I've been doing for years now).

If you don't have an emunand right now, it means your sysnand is already dirty, so you would need to restore a backup of before any cfw, or clean the nand with some tool or guide from these forums.

smudgester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help with a hacked Switch that doesn't appear to boot up.

My son managed to quit Tinfoil whilst it midway threw downloading an game update and the screen just went black (despite being on full battery), by holding down the power button I was able to get to the power restart screen and told it to restart but it is booting straight to a black screen.

I am pretty sure it has Auto RCM turned on and I normally have to insert the RCM loader whilst it's booting to get to the Atmosphere loading screen (from where it is normally) fine but this time ... it isn't getting to the Atmosphere loading screen possibly because when I plug the RCMloader in the light is just white rather than the usual colour to indicate the payload about to be injected :(

Anyone got any ideas ??

UPDATE: Nevermind - it's working now, though I am sure I didn't do anything different to the last 20 times I tried :rofl2:

Last edited by smudgester,

Xen0

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ohh well... Just tried to update my Atmossühere and stuff. Resinstalled Tegra (cause new PC) and deleted my old SD Files for new ones. I was throen into Hektate (the simple one where you only can unse + - and Powerbutton) and now the SD Card can´t be read on PC. Is it suddenly coruppted or what´s going on here? (wants me to format it)

seseiSeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you have any nsp installed and go online without 90dns or incognito, you're 100% getting banned. Otherwise you're safe (as safe as it can go).

If you want to reduce the risk as much as you can, you should have an emunand, where all the cfw stuff is and install on it both, 90dns and incognito, and then separately, have a clean sysnand without any modification, where you can even play online safely as long as you don't run cfw on it and just use legit bought games. (this is what I've been doing for years now).

If you don't have an emunand right now, it means your sysnand is already dirty, so you would need to restore a backup of before any cfw, or clean the nand with some tool or guide from these forums.
My sysMMC is completely empty, since I had to wipe it and afterwards I created an emuMMC, so I'm fine. I'll take a look at incognito.

Alright, thanks a lot to you and especially @Draxzelex. I really appreciate the help for pointing me in the right direction to revive my Switch.

Reactions: Draxzelex

otaconn23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So recently I've been toying with the idea of buying a V1 unpatched Nintendo Switch on the second hand market. The thing is, I've always been a console gamer, and not so much a handheld gamer. Is it a great substitute for the likes of the PS4? Were you always Nintendo fans before buying yours? I'd love to hear some opinions on why you bought your own Switch and whether you've been happy or not with your overall decision.
Myself a PC and console gamer, I was in the same boat. Found a V1 that wasn't turning on bc AutoRCM for $150 second hand and it was definitely worth it! At least while I wait for a jailbreak for PS4 FW 8.5+. Don't get me wrong, if the title is available for PC, I would grab that one over the PS4 or Switch port. But for titles not yet patched for PC, a Switch V1 comes in clutch. Plus being able to dock and play on the big screen with a PS4 controller natively (using MissionControl) means that I can play Switch or emulator titles!

Jakkal666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
What's the preferred way of updating sysNAND? Burning fuses by doing it the legit way through settings? But maybe I don't want the latest available?

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Another question, I'm trying to get games running in RyujiNX and Yuzu and dumping my cartridges is easy enough but the game-updates give me a headache so I thought of something:

I have all games updated on my new OLED Switch, if I now boot my old Switch into emuMMC and do a "Match Software Version with Local Users" from my OLED Switch, do I risk to ban the OLED in any way?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated to 13.0 on emmu, now I get errors whenever I try to boot CFW emmu from Hekate:
Failed to identify kernel!
Failed to launch HOS!

Everything was perfectly fine before. I was on 10.something on emmu, I updated files on my SD card, updated to 13.0 using Daybreak, and now I get these errors.

But, at the end of the update I picked the restart option, but it hung for a long time at the black screen so I held down power for a forced power down to restart. that's the only odd thing that happened before these errors.
You have to modify the CFW emuMMC option in the hekate_ipl.ini file which says fss0. In that line, change 'fusee_secondary' to 'package3' without the quotation marks.
.NSP files can induce a ban. As long as 90DNS is enabled though, the telemetry regarding those .NSP files will not be sent.
Ohh well... Just tried to update my Atmossühere and stuff. Resinstalled Tegra (cause new PC) and deleted my old SD Files for new ones. I was throen into Hektate (the simple one where you only can unse + - and Powerbutton) and now the SD Card can´t be read on PC. Is it suddenly coruppted or what´s going on here? (wants me to format it)
Was your SD card formatted as exFAT? If yes, then its quite possible that it was corrupted.
What's the preferred way of updating sysNAND? Burning fuses by doing it the legit way through settings? But maybe I don't want the latest available?
If you don't mind burning fuses, updating officially online is sufficient. If you want to avoid burning fuses, you can either use the homebrew application Daybreak or you can install the update offline while in CFW and having AutoRCM enabled.
Another question, I'm trying to get games running in RyujiNX and Yuzu and dumping my cartridges is easy enough but the game-updates give me a headache so I thought of something:

I have all games updated on my new OLED Switch, if I now boot my old Switch into emuMMC and do a "Match Software Version with Local Users" from my OLED Switch, do I risk to ban the OLED in any way?
It shouldn't because I don't recall anything in the Terms of Service stating that users will get banned for simply connecting with a hacked console.

PikachuPro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What file manager do people use now? Looking for something that let's me easily move files over USB.
nxmtp broke for me after updating atmosphere

PikachuPro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an easy way to get to hekate from within atmosphere? I have a 'reboot to payload' homebrew, but it just puts me back in atmos without getting into hekate

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an easy way to get to hekate from within atmosphere? I have a 'reboot to payload' homebrew, but it just puts me back in atmos without getting into hekate
If you normally use Hekate to launch Atmosphere, you should be able to use the Restart function from the Power menu to reboot into Hekate. If that doesn't work, rename the hekate.bin payload file to reboot_to_payload.bin and replace the one inside the /atmosphere folder.

Reactions: PikachuPro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Fucking wifi been dipping all day