Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

FloridaMan79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you do not have a backup of your emuMMC, then you cannot recover it. To properly update Atmosphere is the same process regardless if you are using emuMMC or sysMMC; delete the old CFW files/folders and place the new ones on the SD card. Next time, do not use the AIO Updater app. They have always been known to be buggy and many other people have had issues after using it so I would stay away from it as well as any similar applications.

Thanks ! Nice to know updating root folders update both sysnand and EMUMMC. Before I start from scratch even though I still have the EMUMMC file type folder in the SD card there is no way to restore the EMUMMC with that folder still intact?
edit:

I made a 2nd EMUMMC but but it's not showing on Launch options . Heres what's on hekate_ipl.ini on my bootloader folder and emmummc.ini. Anyone want to take a stab on the missing code to add the path to emummc?

Hekate.ini
[config]
updater2p=1
{------ Atmosphere ------}
[Atmosphere FSS0 SYS]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1=atmosphere/kips/*
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/sys_cfw_boot.bmp
{}
{-------- Stock ---------}
[Stock SYS]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/stock_boot.bmp

xxxxxx

[emummc]
enabled=1
sector=0x0
path=emuMMC/SD00
id=0x0000
nintendo_path=emuMMC/SD00/Nintendo

Last edited by FloridaMan79,

FloridaMan79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks ! Nice to know updating root folders update both sysnand and EMUMMC. Before I start from scratch even though I still have the EMUMMC file type folder in the SD card there is no way to restore the EMUMMC with that folder still intact?
edit:

I made a 2nd EMUMMC but but it's not showing on Launch options . Heres what's on hekate_ipl.ini on my bootloader folder and emmummc.ini. Anyone want to take a stab on the missing code to add the path to emummc?

Hekate.ini
[config]
updater2p=1
[Atmosphere FSS0 SYS]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1=atmosphere/kips/*
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/sys_cfw_boot.bmp
{}
{-------- Stock ---------}
[Stock SYS]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/stock_boot.bmp

xxxxxx

[emummc]
enabled=1
sector=0x0
path=emuMMC/SD00
id=0x0000
nintendo_path=emuMMC/SD00/Nintendo

Wow was able to recover my emummc found the missing code from the updated hekate_ipl.ini found in this NH Switch Guide.

[Atmosphere FSS0 EmuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1=atmosphere/kips/*
emummcforce=1
icon=bootloader/res/emu_boot.bmp
{}

Gifted1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I have a question. I recently ran across a video where they were talking about editing saves for the switch but the console had to be jailbroken. Now I have a SaveWizard for the PS4 that allows you to edit a save file and your PS4 doesnt have to be jailbroken. Is there a program like SaveWizard but for Switch? My Switch can't be jailbroken so I'm wondering if theres a way I can edit save files without jailbreaking. Thanks in advance.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I have a question. I recently ran across a video where they were talking about editing saves for the switch but the console had to be jailbroken. Now I have a SaveWizard for the PS4 that allows you to edit a save file and your PS4 doesnt have to be jailbroken. Is there a program like SaveWizard but for Switch? My Switch can't be jailbroken so I'm wondering if theres a way I can edit save files without jailbreaking. Thanks in advance.

Not for the switch at the moment, you need CFW in order to decrypt your save.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I lost my sd card so can I just set up a new one from scratch and it will work? If not, what can I do?

Yes you could as long you use the necessary files require to get up and running. You can follow the link below to set up vanilla atmosphere.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-hekate-chainload-vanilla-atmos.563255/

https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases/tag/1.0.0
https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/releases/tag/v5.6.0
https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/releases/tag/12.1.0-1.0.0

For hekate_ipl.ini, for any lines that use fusee-secondary.bin, you must change that from fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin in hekate_ipl.ini must be changed to fss0=atmosphere/package3.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't that be, presumably, the single bin in the warmboot_mariko dir? That got dumped, as far as I can tell.
Is that in the /atmosphere folder?
Maybe I wasn't clear enough. Firstly, I started atmo without migrating emummc (I didn't do that in the menu, just launched atmo) and I'm wondering if it started on the sysnand and if the sysnand is "dirty" or flagged by N now or it started on the emunand somehow (I had emunand created for sxos) - I want to have clean sysnad. That error/information (which isn't mentioned in the guide) occurred when I switched off device with atmo and went into menu once again, to migrate emummc (which should I do before starting atmo).
Well if you booted Atmosphere before migrating emuMMC, then it couldn't have possibly booted emuMMC because it wasn't migrated yet; Atmosphere doesn't magically boot on its own or anything.

NintenDoe

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey recently purchased a hackable switched and was wondering what guides I should follow for my criteria.

• Want to transfer my saves and purchased games from current switch [1] to (to be hacked) switch [2]
  • Wanting to sell switch [1] and make switch [2] my primary switch.
  • Able to play online purchased games on hacked switch [2] whilst being able to play offline downloaded games.
Thanks for any responses. New to switch modding and was just overwhelmed with the amount of resources available and not sure which one to follow, since most people say to have a separate modded and clean switch.

pepoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi i havent updated my firmware since before pandemic. havent been able to touch my switch since then however now i see sxos is closed. i will restore my official firmware. is there anything i should be cautious before updating to official firmware? planning to get atmosphere also.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi i havent updated my firmware since before pandemic. havent been able to touch my switch since then however now i see sxos is closed. i will restore my official firmware. is there anything i should be cautious before updating to official firmware? planning to get atmosphere also.

Depends on your goal, if you update sysnand firmware above 11.0.0, you can no longer boot up SX OS, so if you want to continue use SX OS while able to use Atmosphere you need to make an emunand. No need to restore original firmware unless you have a clean firmware that you plan to use to go online..

Wookis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just hacked my switch yesterday, worked fine, but now it says “a fatal error has occurred. Press power to reboot the system.
Invalid GPT Signature
Did this ~5 times yesterday, worked fine. Can still boot into Hekate and stock.
Help?
EDIT: if it helps, one partition is 170gb FAT32 and other (for emunand) is 70gb unformatted. using emummc, sysmmc works perfect.

Last edited by Wookis,

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think he misread your question in the first place, he probably talking stability of 12.1.0 CFW in general not on the topic of emulator.

Yeah Idk because I updated not to long ago to 11.0.1 firmware and everything works good. I do want to upgrade but I don't wanna mess up my setup because the last time I upgraded I had to delete all my stuff and it was a hassle.

Dont forget about the sig patches you gotta do that right also because it seems to change after each update

such

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
No, it got created in root, and stayed there. That's interesting, though. If it should be somewhere else I'll try moving it and see what happens.
Well, that didn't do me any good. Same errors. Could anyone share their correct path?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1