Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

symmetriebruch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well if SX OS supports up to 11.0 and you update to the latest firmware which is 12.0.2, what do you think will happen? Alternatively, you can update to a specific firmware version with a homebrew application such as ChoiDujourNX. Using it is relatively simple as all you do is download the desired firmware files, place them on the SD card, and install them from within the app. The tricky part is finding the firmware files as they are copyrighted material so they cannot be linked or shared on this forum even via private message.

i don´t know what would happen i wouldn´t have asked if i knew wouldn´t i ? in case it was a real question and not just a sarcy remark to belittle a noob i presumed it either wouldn´t work or maybe the baked in patches you mentioned would simply just work with games on or under 11.00 ofw but not above.

but thanks for the reply anyway i´ll already got the firmware and ChoiDujourNX will give it a try later

Reactions: Draxzelex

neontiger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
When you try to launch Atmosphere. is it with fusee_primary or Hekate?

I don't know of any which may be due to how straightforward it usually is to install .NSP files but make sure you have the patches, enough free space, and are on a firmware that supports whatever you are trying to install. If there is a specific error code, that can also help to identify the issue.
I'm actually trying to install an .XCI file, but I guess it shouldn't make a difference. The patches have to be downloaded from eXhumer's GitHub repository, right?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually trying to install an .XCI file, but I guess it shouldn't make a difference. The patches have to be downloaded from eXhumer's GitHub repository, right?
Yes, the patches work on both .NSP and .XCI files so you are able to install both with Atmosphere. And while you can download the patches from eXhumer, I only trust the patches from the pinned thread on this forum that I linked you earlier.

Reactions: HollowGrams

benito18

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When you try to launch Atmosphere. is it with fusee_primary or Hekate?

It's fusee_primary and I change that to payload.bin as per sthetix guide. I get the same issue with Hekate, just a blank screen when booting up. I even attempted to restore my boot0/1 nand from sx os. There was another guide here that is saying for Erista mod chipped device we should be using the clean up tool and booting via sx os. I would much prefer to be able to boot without sx os at all

grcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, weird question.

I have 3 different micro SD cards - with sizes 64GB, 400GB and 512GB. I use all three with identical configurations of Atmosphere (latest current version at all times) on emuMMC, with 11.0.1 firmware. All three have 32GB system partition on the emuMMC, which I also use to store games to maximize use of space.

I want to / plan to buy a 1TB micro SD, to save me the hassle of having to switch between cards to access different games. Is there an easy way to migrate and combine data from various SD cards? The intended outcome would be a single 32GB system partition, which would contain all individual (and different) save games from the 3 donor cards, with all games on the now massive (over 900GB) space available in the FAT32 partition.

I know I can do it the hard way, ie clone just the 512GB card; get save game backups from the 64GB and the 400GB and then re-download all games as necessary, but I was kinda hoping there is an easier, faster way to achieve the same outcome.

GeneralSmiley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,

I've moved from SX Nand to Atmosphere Emunand, I pointed the Emunand to the Nintendo folder and when I launch old games I get to the Mii selection, but then the it shuts down with The Software was closed because an error occurred. I can install new games and they run perfectly so my sigpatches are good, but I can't find a definitive answer as to whether was this just an expected effect of moving to Atmosphere and I need to reinstall my games or there's something I can still do to make them run?

Any assistance greatly appreciated! Cheers.

RJMayhem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello

Is there a way I can make my emummc launch when I click launch in the Hekate menu instead of it show my sysnad, cfw sysnad and cfw emmmmc?

Thanks

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's fusee_primary and I change that to payload.bin as per sthetix guide. I get the same issue with Hekate, just a blank screen when booting up. I even attempted to restore my boot0/1 nand from sx os. There was another guide here that is saying for Erista mod chipped device we should be using the clean up tool and booting via sx os. I would much prefer to be able to boot without sx os at all
Now I believe I know what your issue is. Because you installed the SX Core modchip, it modifies your console permanently. You would need to use the cleanup tool in order to avoid booting SX OS. I believe your only alternative would be to install Spacecraft-NX
Okay, weird question.

I have 3 different micro SD cards - with sizes 64GB, 400GB and 512GB. I use all three with identical configurations of Atmosphere (latest current version at all times) on emuMMC, with 11.0.1 firmware. All three have 32GB system partition on the emuMMC, which I also use to store games to maximize use of space.

I want to / plan to buy a 1TB micro SD, to save me the hassle of having to switch between cards to access different games. Is there an easy way to migrate and combine data from various SD cards? The intended outcome would be a single 32GB system partition, which would contain all individual (and different) save games from the 3 donor cards, with all games on the now massive (over 900GB) space available in the FAT32 partition.

I know I can do it the hard way, ie clone just the 512GB card; get save game backups from the 64GB and the 400GB and then re-download all games as necessary, but I was kinda hoping there is an easier, faster way to achieve the same outcome.
Unfortunately, I don't think there is any faster way especially since you have 3 different SD cards.
Hey guys,

I've moved from SX Nand to Atmosphere Emunand, I pointed the Emunand to the Nintendo folder and when I launch old games I get to the Mii selection, but then the it shuts down with The Software was closed because an error occurred. I can install new games and they run perfectly so my sigpatches are good, but I can't find a definitive answer as to whether was this just an expected effect of moving to Atmosphere and I need to reinstall my games or there's something I can still do to make them run?

Any assistance greatly appreciated! Cheers.
The Nintendo folder is primarly used for sysMMC not emuMMC therefore you are trying to launch games installed on sysMMC with your emuMMC. The reason this won't work is because when a game is installed, a ticket is also created which is stored in the console's internal memory. Outside of using a homebrew application to dump and restore that ticket, you would have to reinstall the game in order for it be playable outside of where it was originally installed.

Hello

Is there a way I can make my emummc launch when I click launch in the Hekate menu instead of it show my sysnad, cfw sysnad and cfw emmmmc?

Thanks
You would have to setup autoboot. I don't remember where it is off of the top of my head but that should be one of the options in the Hekate menu.

GeneralSmiley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the explanation, maybe I should have just stuck with sysnand Atmosphere as my nand is dirty anyway. I thought it might be ticket related, but I can see them all in tinfoil just as I could on SX sysnand.

RRuler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, I am currently playing Nocturne HD Remaster on my Switch. This game is known to have fps drop issues (Quite often when using skills in battles, which sucks).

I was hoping to fix those, or at least make them a little less annoying, by overclocking my Switch. I am scared to do so, as I have read a lot about concerns regarding the amount of wattage that go through the board when overclocking.
I think a little OC would not be too bad, but I want to make sure to be as safe as possible with this.

As I do not exactly know how much Wattage is fine and what level of OC will drain what level of wattage (Is there any table for this or something? Any way to test this? How much wattage is safe for the Board?) I ask here as to what OC would be considered safe.

I am mainly playing in handheld mode, as I like this and the fps drops are not as significant here. What GPU OC would be considered safe for handheld mode? I guess when charging I could go even higher, right?

Right now I tried to OC the GPU to 460 MHz, which allready improves this problem by quite a bit. Havent had the usual drops I get when using certain skills with this level.
Is this considered safe for handheld mode? Or will this put a lot of stress on the board?
Could I go even a little higher than this?

Would be glad for any answers to this. I know its probably fine to go pretty high, at least in regards to CPU/GPU temperatures, but I am really worried about how much stress I can put on the board and what would be safe in regards to lifespan and stuff.

chechu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! I want to migrate from SX OS to Atmosphere. I did the Emunand migration with Hekate and put the latest version of Atmosphere with the sigpatches but when I launch the payload the screen goes black. Maybe the problem is that I have the emunand and sysnand in version 10.2.0? I'm sorry if the question has already been answered before but no matter how much I read and watch tutorials, I am not clear. The switch scene is still too complicated for me. Thanks!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated my firmware to 12.0.2 and my boot.dat to 3.0.1, when I reboot the my switch I kept on being stuck at blackscreen after the SX OS flashed. How do I fix this. HELP. :(
You will have to use Atmosphere because SX OS does not support any firmware higher than 11.0 at the moment.

Hi! I want to migrate from SX OS to Atmosphere. I did the Emunand migration with Hekate and put the latest version of Atmosphere with the sigpatches but when I launch the payload the screen goes black. Maybe the problem is that I have the emunand and sysnand in version 10.2.0? I'm sorry if the question has already been answered before but no matter how much I read and watch tutorials, I am not clear. The switch scene is still too complicated for me. Thanks!
Which payload are you using to launch Atmosphere? Is it Hekate or fusee_primary? Also how is your SD card formatted?

p3el05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tokelau
Guys I have OFW on 6.2.0 none patched Switch sysnand and SX OS Emunand 10.2.0 that has never been online using either sysnand or Emunand.

Can I update Sysnand to be the most current firmware (12.0.2) and still keep the SD Card with SX OS installed with Emunand? I would like to buy games and use the Sysnand online.

If so - shall I just update the firmware on Sysnand via the normal means - connect to the internet and update? any help appreciated - it is for my Nephews :)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys I have OFW on 6.2.0 none patched Switch sysnand and SX OS Emunand 10.2.0 that has never been online using either sysnand or Emunand.

Can I update Sysnand to be the most current firmware (12.0.2) and still keep the SD Card with SX OS installed with Emunand? I would like to buy games and use the Sysnand online.

If so - shall I just update the firmware on Sysnand via the normal means - connect to the internet and update? any help appreciated - it is for my Nephews :)
You can but by doing so, you will be unable to use cartridges on your emuMMC. The reason being is firmware 12.X introduces an update for the cartridge slot that once applied prevents cartridges from being used on firmware versions below 12.0 and this is applied to both sysMMC and emuMMC since the cartridge slot is part of the hardware they both share like fuses. If you are fine with that, you can update sysMMC however you wish.

p3el05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tokelau
You can but by doing so, you will be unable to use cartridges on your emuMMC. The reason being is firmware 12.X introduces an update for the cartridge slot that once applied prevents cartridges from being used on firmware versions below 12.0 and this is applied to both sysMMC and emuMMC since the cartridge slot is part of the hardware they both share like fuses. If you are fine with that, you can update sysMMC however you wish.

this is very clear, many thanks.

chechu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You will have to use Atmosphere because SX OS does not support any firmware higher than 11.0 at the moment.

Which payload are you using to launch Atmosphere? Is it Hekate or fusee_primary? Also how is your SD card formatted?
I wanted to migrate from SX Os to Atmosphere without losing games or anything else. But it turns out that I did not remember that I updated the emunand to 10.2.0 with choidujour. I did all the steps in the tutorial but the screen remains black.
So do you recommend that I do?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to migrate from SX Os to Atmosphere without losing games or anything else. But it turns out that I did not remember that I updated the emunand to 10.2.0 with choidujour. I did all the steps in the tutorial but the screen remains black.
So do you recommend that I do?
Firmware 10.2 is compatible with Atmosphere. I didn't recommend you to do anything yet because I feel like there is some information missing. I need to know which payload you are using to launch Atmosphere and the format of your SD card before I can give any advice.

chechu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can entry
Firmware 10.2 is compatible with Atmosphere. I didn't recommend you to do anything yet because I feel like there is some information missing. I need to know which payload you are using to launch Atmosphere and the format of your SD card before I can give any advice.
I can entry with Hekate. My micro sd is exfat. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1