Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Galvanize

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Well if you want a safer tool to dump the contents, you can use the NSP to SD tool. Thing is it hasn't been updated in a year or two so I don't know if it still works but its worth a shot.

Somehow while thinking about all this, I forgot that I can just dump them and just restore my NAND to a state before running the CFW.
Thanks anyway.

Is there a way to get rid of that extremely annoying "Pls turn airplane mode off and connect joycons :(" message whenever I wake the Switch from sleep mode?

Last edited by Galvanize,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somehow while thinking about all this, I forgot that I can just dump them and just restore my NAND to a state before running the CFW.
Thanks anyway.

Is there a way to get rid of that extremely annoying "Pls turn airplane mode off and connect joycons :(" message whenever I wake the Switch from sleep mode?
Yes, you have to enable Bluetooth connectivity. This can be configured via System Settings under the Airplane Mode tab.

Nym5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi all,

Someone pointed me this link as a tutorial to change my sx os emunand to Atmosphere Emunand:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/latest-sd-setup-for-moving-from-sxos-to-atmosphere.581237/

But from what I could understand it is considering that I'm creating a new Emunand in the process (not sure I got it right), but I would like to simply change my current Emunand to an Atmosphere one.

My current setup is Clean Nand + SX OS Emunand, both on 11.0.
My SX Os Emunand setup is "SD Files Emunand".
I'm not very skilled at this type of thing, but does anyone knows of a tutorial that covers my case?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

Someone pointed me this link as a tutorial to change my sx os emunand to Atmosphere Emunand:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/latest-sd-setup-for-moving-from-sxos-to-atmosphere.581237/

But from what I could understand it is considering that I'm creating a new Emunand in the process (not sure I got it right), but I would like to simply change my current Emunand to an Atmosphere one.

My current setup is Clean Nand + SX OS Emunand, both on 11.0.
My SX Os Emunand setup is "SD Files Emunand".
I'm not very skilled at this type of thing, but does anyone knows of a tutorial that covers my case?
Well I myself have never used SX OS as a CFW before, I did use it to make my emuMMC partition before Hekate had the ability to do so. After that, all I did was use the 'migrate emuMMC' option in Hekate. You will also need a way to launch emuMMC which I already had with my hekate_ipl.ini. If you do not have one, you can grab it and maybe some other useful tools as SDSetup.com

Reactions: Nym5

All_Might747

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
So probably a dumb question, I got Atmosphere working on my patched Switch with SXcore. But what do I do now? Like it says install daybreak not sure what that is? Is there a guide to how to use atmosphere?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So probably a dumb question, I got Atmosphere working on my patched Switch with SXcore. But what do I do now? Like it says install daybreak not sure what that is? Is there a guide to how to use atmosphere?
Daybreak is a homebrew application that installs firmware files. If you downloaded Atmosphere from its official GitHub page and didn't delete the /switch folder that came with, it should already be included in your setup. As for your second question, it is extremely vague yet impossible to answer. Atmosphere like SX OS is just a CFW meaning all it does is it provides the user an environment to use hacks. The real usage comes from the homebrew applications and potentially other RCM payloads that actually alter the console to do whatever it is you want to do.

Reactions: All_Might747

_Sjakie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mine is ok. This same thing happened to me with 19.0 and got fixed on 19.0.1 and now again broken on 19.0.2 and Last time it was due to sigpatches, if I switch to primary instead of secondary it works flawless so 100% sure is sigpatches for hekate.

That sounds good.
If you make a small mistake, do you need to completely reinstall all games again? Or will it work again when the issue is fixed?

In other words, is it destructive for the games installed on th sd card, or can a mistake be corrected easily?

garzacorporations

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
That sounds good.
If you make a small mistake, do you need to completely reinstall all games again? Or will it work again when the issue is fixed?

In other words, is it destructive for the games installed on th sd card, or can a mistake be corrected easily?
Not sure what you mean, if you use primary instead of secondary (hekate) including a change of patches, everything will be working without a need of reinstall any game. The thing is I really prefer using secondary and hekate and I hate whenever this things happens and make me switch temporary to it.

_Sjakie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not sure what you mean, if you use primary instead of secondary (hekate) including a change of patches, everything will be working without a need of reinstall any game. The thing is I really prefer using secondary and hekate and I hate whenever this things happens and make me switch temporary to it.

Thanks for your reply.
I managed to update Atmosphere to 0.19.2 with the correct sigpatches. my games still work fine.
I did have to put the fusee-primary.bin file in the payloads folder on the sd-card, otherwise the switch doesn't boot.

What do I need to do to boot secondary/Hekate ?

- put the fusee-secondary.bin file in the payloads folder
- put the hekate payload on my RCM loader
- (use other sigpatches ???)

Will it work fine executing the steps above ?

So far I haven't upgraded my firmware yet. I first want to run the latest Atmosphere (as advised)

When it runs fine, can I upgrade my firmware with ChoiDuJour ?

Is 12.0.1 already advised or should I go to 11 for now ?

RaZoRNo1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Noob question here:
I could get a used old Switch with Accessoires and Games.
The thing is.. it is the old one.
I know that Mariko Switch is newer/lower heat, has better battery etc. but are there any advantages having the old one?
Currently it is unmodded and has afaik the latest FW.
For Emulation I could use my phone or PC, so it would only be mainly for other hacks/ Switch games and portability etc.

Edit: I probably should add, that it should be an unpatched Unit

Last edited by RaZoRNo1,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob question here:
I could get a used old Switch with Accessoires and Games.
The thing is.. it is the old one.
I know that Mariko Switch is newer/lower heat, has better battery etc. but are there any advantages having the old one?
Currently it is unmodded and has afaik the latest FW.
For Emulation I could use my phone or PC, so it would only be mainly for other hacks/ Switch games and portability etc.

Edit: I probably should add, that it should be an unpatched Unit
In order to hack Mariko units, you need an SX OS modchip which not only is hard to track down but requires soldering. Unpatched units can be hacked with simply a USB cable and paperclip. Unless you can track down the modchip and have a way to solder it inside, unpatched units are the way to go.

skyfantasy39

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Noob here...
I'm a SX OS user, both SysNAND and EmuNAND are on 11.0.0
Today I tried to play MH Rise on EmuNAND 11.0.0 with tinfoil install and it works

But now I have a different problem is that, can I now update the SysNAND to the latest version (12.0.1)?
And still keep my EmuNAND working?

The reason why I want to update the SysNAND is to play games online with my friend
Of course I know the best way is probably buying another clean Switch, which I was considering weeks ago, until my friend keeps saying about the New Switch Pro that may come out later this year.........

I'm curious if I can play online on SysNAND with physical cartridge games ?

And I'm not sure if SXOS or Atmosphere affects this?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob here...
I'm a SX OS user, both SysNAND and EmuNAND are on 11.0.0
Today I tried to play MH Rise on EmuNAND 11.0.0 with tinfoil install and it works

But now I have a different problem is that, can I now update the SysNAND to the latest version (12.0.1)?
And still keep my EmuNAND working?

The reason why I want to update the SysNAND is to play games online with my friend
Of course I know the best way is probably buying another clean Switch, which I was considering weeks ago, until my friend keeps saying about the New Switch Pro that may come out later this year.........

I'm curious if I can play online on SysNAND with physical cartridge games ?

And I'm not sure if SXOS or Atmosphere affects this?
Well usually the point of emuMMC is to have it be on a firmware higher than your sysMMC but it can be used in the opposite way. Just be aware that if you update sysMMC to firmware to 12.X, you will have to choose between playing cartridges on your 12.X sysMMC or your 11.X emuMMC. The reason is because there is an irreversible update for the cartridge slot on firmware 12.X that once applied will prevent cartridges from working on any firmware version below 12.X. The only way to prevent this update is by breaking the cartridge slot which can only be achieved with nogc. The only reason one may not wish to update their cartridge slot is in case an exploit is released in the future that requires a not updated cartridge slot. So in essence, you have to pick between being able to play cartridges on a higher or lower firmware version.

skyfantasy39

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Well usually the point of emuMMC is to have it be on a firmware higher than your sysMMC but it can be used in the opposite way. Just be aware that if you update sysMMC to firmware to 12.X, you will have to choose between playing cartridges on your 12.X sysMMC or your 11.X emuMMC. The reason is because there is an irreversible update for the cartridge slot on firmware 12.X that once applied will prevent cartridges from working on any firmware version below 12.X. The only way to prevent this update is by breaking the cartridge slot which can only be achieved with nogc. The only reason one may not wish to update their cartridge slot is in case an exploit is released in the future that requires a not updated cartridge slot. So in essence, you have to pick between being able to play cartridges on a higher or lower firmware version.

oh!? so it's actually used to have the emuMMC higher?! so if something's messed up , just use the backup ?

I don't really understand how it works... the Sys and Emu
I saw a video on youtube saying that SXOS doesn't work on 12.0.0 anymore R.I.P.
So I'm unsure if I update the SysNAND to 12.0.0, does it mean I can't boot to the SysNAND anymore, or neither the EmuNAND......

But even if I want to migrate to Atmosphere, I only have to migrate the EmuNAND?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh!? so it's actually used to have the emuMMC higher?! so if something's messed up , just use the backup ?

I don't really understand how it works... the Sys and Emu
I saw a video on youtube saying that SXOS doesn't work on 12.0.0 anymore R.I.P.
So I'm unsure if I update the SysNAND to 12.0.0, does it mean I can't boot to the SysNAND anymore, or neither the EmuNAND......

But even if I want to migrate to Atmosphere, I only have to migrate the EmuNAND?
It is pretty self-explanatory. When a CFW does not support that firmware anymore, that means you cannot boot that CFW on that firmware anymore. But just because the CFW does not work anymore doesn't meant OFW will not work anymore. When it comes to emuMMC however, there is no way to boot OFW so if emuMMC is on a firmware that is no longer supported by CFW, then you cannot boot emuMMC period. On the bright side though, emuMMC can always be uninstalled and recreated which cannot always be said of sysMMC. Anyway, just remember that booting a CFW requires a firmware compatible with that CFW and that emuMMC does not affect sysMMC (and vice-versa).

codexdragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am about to make my emunand partition. I also want to install android and linux. I should make their partitions at the same time right? I know the emunand partition is usually 29gb but how big should the android and linux partitions be? Just any size that I want?

Kbario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello everybody, I'm trying to fix my son's bicked Switch.. I don't have a NAND backup and I'm trying to flash an old firmware but when i launch the command in ChoiDujour.exe, even after creating the keys.txt with the correct form) i got this error

Using source firmware files from folder fw
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "ChoiDujour.py", line 517, in <module>
File "ChoiDujour.py", line 225, in call_hactool
Exception: Error: section 0 is corrupted!

[17024] Failed to execute script ChoiDujour

What am I doing wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"