Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Pokepicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Recently something went wrong with my SD card and I was forced to format it.

I started the process of hacking it again, and got so far as to booting Hekate (5.5.5) and setting up a new emuMMC. When I go to Launch -> emuMMC, it shows me a Hekate-IPL logo, before going black.

I'm seemingly forced to reboot by holding Power for 12 seconds. If I try booting CFW sysMMC, I get the same result.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently something went wrong with my SD card and I was forced to format it.

I started the process of hacking it again, and got so far as to booting Hekate (5.5.5) and setting up a new emuMMC. When I go to Launch -> emuMMC, it shows me a Hekate-IPL logo, before going black.

I'm seemingly forced to reboot by holding Power for 12 seconds. If I try booting CFW sysMMC, I get the same result.
Did you make an emuMMC with Hekate prior to launching it? If so, were there any errors or did it finish successfully?

Pokepicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Did you make an emuMMC with Hekate prior to launching it? If so, were there any errors or did it finish successfully?
Yes. I used Hekate to make a SD partition which seemingly worked fine, before setting up the emuMMC. Even if the emuMMC failed at one point, shouldn't I be allowed to enter CFW sysMMC?

Edit: I see some users stating that it might be due to using a exFAT formatted card on a Switch that doesn't have the "sd update".
I installed 3.0.0+SD the first time I hacked it. I let the Switch format it itself when it told me it was corrupt/unreadable. And it formatted it to exFAT, so I don't hope that is the issue.

Last edited by Pokepicker,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. I used Hekate to make a SD partition which seemingly worked fine, before setting up the emuMMC. Even if the emuMMC failed at one point, shouldn't I be allowed to enter CFW sysMMC?

Edit: I see some users stating that it might be due to using a exFAT formatted card on a Switch that doesn't have the "sd update".
I installed 3.0.0+SD the first time I hacked it. I let the Switch format it itself when it told me it was corrupt/unreadable. And it formatted it to exFAT, so I don't hope that is the issue.
Unfortunately, it is very likely that your issue is due to exFAT as exFAT is known for causing black screens when booting CFW/OFW. You shouldn't even be using exFAT in the first place as it can corrupt your SD card which already seems to have happened once. You should really format the SD card to FAT32 to not only prevent further corruption but potentially resolve your emuMMC issue, two birds with one stone.

Pokepicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Unfortunately, it is very likely that your issue is due to exFAT as exFAT is known for causing black screens when booting CFW/OFW. You shouldn't even be using exFAT in the first place as it can corrupt your SD card which already seems to have happened once. You should really format the SD card to FAT32 to not only prevent further corruption but potentially resolve your emuMMC issue, two birds with one stone.

It was formatted to FAT32 using SDFormatter the first time around. But I will give it another go. I just guessed that since the Switch itself formatted it to exFAT it should be fine.

Thanks for the tip.

@Draxzelex Just formatted it to FAT32. Moved SD files over. Booted into 3.0.0, launched Fake News, used PegaScape to enter Hekate and tried hitting CFW sysMMC. Still black screen.

Last edited by Pokepicker,
Reactions: Draxzelex

phelen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Need help somone has offered a switch v2 with hardware mod installed, it has sx os. Now have a couple of questions

1. How do I reset, do I need to do all the CFW setup still. He says the mod will be intact since its hardware

2.What happens if the Switch required a OS update?

3. He says he uses ahem online "shop" to download titles, but what happens if I want to download a .xci file from somewhere. Where do I put the rom on the sd card?

Thanks

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Draxzelex Just formatted it to FAT32. Moved SD files over. Booted into 3.0.0, launched Fake News, used PegaScape to enter Hekate and tried hitting CFW sysMMC. Still black screen.
Post your hekate_ipl.ini file or at least what the CFW - sysMMC section looks like

Need help somone has offered a switch v2 with hardware mod installed, it has sx os. Now have a couple of questions

1. How do I reset, do I need to do all the CFW setup still. He says the mod will be intact since its hardware

2.What happens if the Switch required a OS update?

3. He says he uses ahem online "shop" to download titles, but what happens if I want to download a .xci file from somewhere. Where do I put the rom on the sd card?

Thanks
  1. You don't need to reset anything. The previous owner is correct is that the hack lies in the hardware. If you want, you can clean the files off of the SD card if it came with one
  2. Since its hacked with a modchip, it is exploiting the hardware and not the software. Therefore the firmware is irrelevant. However, the firmware will affect the CFW you use which is namely SX OS. That CFW does not support any firmware versions higher than 11.0 and as more firmware updates are released, games and other content will require higher firmware. Thus it is recommended to setup Atmosphere as it is unlikely that SX OS will receive anymore future updates
  3. If the purpose of the .XCI files is to mount them with SX OS, then I believe you can put them anywhere. However for reasons stated above, it is not recommended to stick with SX OS. You can still utilize .XCI files with Atmosphere though such as with installing them

Reactions: Pokepicker

phelen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
How do I install atmosphere with a hardware modded switch?. I'm kinda confused and hope you can help please,I asked him if I wanted to reset the device so it removes his saves and other information I got this reply

I was going to leave it as is as I've not signed into any account on it so you can just change the name to yours and sign in, as if I clear the switch it will format the sd card and you will have to go through and set it all up which it took me a while to get used to setting it up. The mod will stay there but you have to then set all the partition up and make sure it is set to sd card for all mod stuff as if it goes onto system storage it's likely to be noticed by nintendo and blocked online but on sd it seems to keep it safe.

So how do I set up the partition?

Plus can I install atmosphere alongside SX OS?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I install atmosphere with a hardware modded switch?. I'm kinda confused and hope you can help please,I asked him if I wanted to reset the device so it removes his saves and other information I got this reply

So how do I set up the partition?

Plus can I install atmosphere alongside SX OS?
Well for starters, you do not actually "install" Atmosphere. CFW are just a bunch of files you place on an SD card. Therefore it is technically possible to have access to multiple CFW simultaneously but since there is only one other CFW, SX OS, which is not likely to receive future support, this is not as useful nowadays. Anyway, you can just try following this guide for setting up Atmosphere with your console. The "partition" he is referring to is most likely emuMMC which the guide I linked I believe covers. The more important part is setting up Atmosphere which this guide covers.

Reactions: phelen

ShinLarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whatever happened to that megathread that gave us the updated Sigpatches? I updated to 12.0.0 and now I can't play anything. Help will be greatly appreciated.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whatever happened to that megathread that gave us the updated Sigpatches? I updated to 12.0.0 and now I can't play anything. Help will be greatly appreciated.
There were multiple of those so I'm not sure which one you're specifically referring to however as of August, this stickied thread has been the "megathread" that has always been updated with the latest patches.

phelen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Nice, I know the emmunand is mega important. I need to read up more about this, do I need to back up emmuand though even if the switch has a hardware mod?. Not going to go online with it

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice, I know the emmunand is mega important. I need to read up more about this, do I need to back up emmuand though even if the switch has a hardware mod?. Not going to go online with it
Backing up emuMMC and the mod have nothing to do with each other. The only purpose of making a backup of the emuMMC is if the emuMMC gets corrupted. However you should backup the sysMMC aka eMMC because if the console ever gets bricked, that may be your only way to fix it.

Reactions: phelen

drag0n77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a non patched switch with SXOS firmware 10.2 emunand on SD as files.

I hear that SX OS will not be updating to 12.0. Is there a step by step guide to mitigating everything to atmosphere?

PS I have the jig and payload injector thing.

Thanks

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a non patched switch with SXOS firmware 10.2 emunand on SD as files.

I hear that SX OS will not be updating to 12.0. Is there a step by step guide to mitigating everything to atmosphere?

PS I have the jig and payload injector thing.

Thanks
You can try following this tutorial

Reactions: drag0n77

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q