Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

GerbilSwimmingPool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, Auto Boot is another feature that allows Hekate to automatically boot one of your launch profiles whenever you use Hekate without navigating the menu to launch it manually. AutoRCM is still located under Tools.
I have the following options: Backup eMMC, Restore eMMC, Partition SD Card [I'm going to do that now with about 30GB for my EmuMMC], and USB tools. There is no AutoRCM in Tools for me.

GerbilSwimmingPool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just loaded up Hekate and its under Tools.

I can't get into Hekate without grounding the 10th pin. So it's obviously not setup yet.

Attachments

• switch.jpg
    switch.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 50

GerbilSwimmingPool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe I am misunderstanding a functionality of the Switch or I have missed a step. I have setup a jig to ground the 10th pin, sent over the test payload, sent hekate, backed up eMMC boot0, boot1, RAW GPP, prod.keys by the payload, haven't added a wifi connection, created a EmuMCC, and turned on AutoRCM and auto-launch EmuMMC. My question how do I boot to the EmuMMC every time? Sometimes it just boots to RCM or even the OFW; I confirmed this by going into the system settings. I have to use the jig sometimes to get back into RCM. I may be misreading the situation and need to do further tests to better understand what is actually happening. Maybe someone can help me sort this out?

I plan to leave this device in offline mode. It seems like EmuMMC would be the better choice for me as I plan to run homebrew software most of the time and I do not need online features at this moment.

I never said it was so...just enable it then if you want to.
Lols! I didn't see the menu bottom to switch over. Thank you for the help.

Last edited by GerbilSwimmingPool,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe I am misunderstanding a functionality of the Switch or I have missed a step. I have setup a jig to ground the 10th pin, sent over the test payload, sent hekate, backed up eMMC boot0, boot1, RAW GPP, prod.keys by the payload, haven't added a wifi connection, created a EmuMCC, and turned on AutoRCM and auto-launch EmuMMC. My question how do I boot to the EmuMMC every time? Sometimes it just boots to RCM or even the OFW; I confirmed this by going into the system settings. I have to use the jig sometimes to get back into RCM. I may be misreading the situation and need to do further tests to better understand what is actually happening. Maybe someone can help me sort this out?

I plan to leave this device in offline mode. It seems like EmuMMC would be the better choice for me as I plan to run homebrew software most of the time and I do not need online features at this moment.
There is no setting known as "auto-launch". What you are looking for is something you noticed earlier which was the autoboot. As I explained earlier, autoboot AUTOmatically BOOTs a launch profile of your choice. If you set autoboot to launch your emuMMC profile, then whenever you send Hekate, Hekate will automatically boot that launch profile.

Reactions: GerbilSwimmingPool

GerbilSwimmingPool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no setting known as "auto-launch". What you are looking for is something you noticed earlier which was the autoboot. As I explained earlier, autoboot AUTOmatically BOOTs a launch profile of your choice. If you set autoboot to launch your emuMMC profile, then whenever you send Hekate, Hekate will automatically boot that launch profile.

So, is there no way to automatically load EmuMMC without sending the Hekate payload every time that I restart or shutdown my system? Should I just leave system in Sleep mode as that is the only alternative that I can think of at this moment.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, is there no way to automatically load EmuMMC without sending the Hekate payload every time that I restart or shutdown my system? Should I just leave system in Sleep mode as that is the only alternative that I can think of at this moment.
Oh you are confused at how the exploit works. Sending the Hekate payload is the exploit itself and no part of that exploit is ever actually installed to the system. In order to automatically load emuMMC, you would need a way to automatically send a payload and the only way to do that is by installing a modchip inside the Switch.

Reactions: GerbilSwimmingPool

GerbilSwimmingPool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh you are confused at how the exploit works. Sending the Hekate payload is the exploit itself and no part of that exploit is ever actually installed to the system. In order to automatically load emuMMC, you would need a way to automatically send a payload and the only way to do that is by installing a modchip inside the Switch.

That's what I thought, but I was hoping that I misunderstood a step or a method along the way. Thank you for the help. It's much appreciated. Got the Switch just yesterday, a new microSD card, and got into CFW already. Thanks.

Reactions: Draxzelex

KokoseiJ

GBAtemp VOCALOID Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Probably impossible, but is there a way to backup my saves in case I lost my switch? Or is it impossible due to per-unit encryption?

I can't afford Nintendo Switch Online to use a cloud backup, I wonder if I have an alternative way to have a backup. My switch is XKK mariko switch on a recent firmware so I can't mod it.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably impossible, but is there a way to backup my saves in case I lost my switch? Or is it impossible due to per-unit encryption?

I can't afford Nintendo Switch Online to use a cloud backup, I wonder if I have an alternative way to have a backup. My switch is XKK mariko switch on a recent firmware so I can't mod it.
Your options are to use Nintendo's cloud service, a homebrew save manager which requires installing the SX Core modchip, or transferring the save data to another console via local transfer. You've already mentioned that you cannot afford the service and it doesn't seem like you're willing to track down the modchip so unless you have another console to transfer the data to, no you cannot backup your save data because it is stored on the console.

Reactions: BigOnYa

KokoseiJ

GBAtemp VOCALOID Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Your options are to use Nintendo's cloud service, a homebrew save manager which requires installing the SX Core modchip, or transferring the save data to another console via local transfer. You've already mentioned that you cannot afford the service and it doesn't seem like you're willing to track down the modchip so unless you have another console to transfer the data to, no you cannot backup your save data because it is stored on the console.
oh well, I guess I'll just keep my switch safe at home. Thanks for confirming.

EDIT:
or transferring the save data to another console via local transfer
by the way, how does transferring a data to another console serve as a backup? does it keep the data in the source console?

Last edited by KokoseiJ,
Reactions: Draxzelex

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, is switch cfw temporary or a permanent change to the switch?
You are confusing CFW and exploits. CFW are merely a collection of files on an SD card or other storage device. It was the exact same way on the 3DS. The only difference between the 3DS and the Switch is that you can install an exploit on the 3DS but not on the Switch. While technically you can install Luma, the CFW, on the 3DS, that would just lead to a brick if you didn't install an exploit beforehand such as A9LH or B9S. There is no way to install any exploit on the Switch outside of installing a modchip to push payloads internally for you.

kwall24

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a way (forwarder, mod, app, something) that I can boot to SysMMC from my emuMMC (atmosphere) without me having to go through the power menu?

As I'm typing this I'm realizing it sounds stupid but I'd still like it. 9 times out of 10 I hit restart, then have to wait for my EmuMMC to reboot back into EmuMMC before hitting the Shut Down option. I'd also like to be able to do it from the couch.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way (forwarder, mod, app, something) that I can boot to SysMMC from my emuMMC (atmosphere) without me having to go through the power menu?

As I'm typing this I'm realizing it sounds stupid but I'd still like it. 9 times out of 10 I hit restart, then have to wait for my EmuMMC to reboot back into EmuMMC before hitting the Shut Down option. I'd also like to be able to do it from the couch.
Shoutouts to @BigOnYa for telling someone else about this tool that I completely forgot about. There is a homebrew application called Hekate Toolbox (formerly known as Kosmos Toolbox) that allows you to reboot into Hekate. So as long as you use Hekate to launch Atmosphere, you can switch between emuMMC and sysMMC through the Toolbox and Hekate assuming you are also booting CFW into sysMMC.

Reactions: BigOnYa

kwall24

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shoutouts to @BigOnYa for telling someone else about this tool that I completely forgot about. There is a homebrew application called Hekate Toolbox (formerly known as Kosmos Toolbox) that allows you to reboot into Hekate. So as long as you use Hekate to launch Atmosphere, you can switch between emuMMC and sysMMC through the Toolbox and Hekate assuming you are also booting CFW into sysMMC.

I don't suppose there's anything if I'm booting fusee_primary instead? Don't need both ways, just emu to sys.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't suppose there's anything if I'm booting fusee_primary instead? Don't need both ways, just emu to sys.
There is not hence why you should be using Hekate. It is objectively the superior bootloader/payload. The only reason to use fusee_primary is if you want to use Atmosphere the moment it updates as opposed to waiting for both Atmosphere and Hekate to be updated but nowadays, Hekate's updates almost mirror Atmosphere's updates.

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey its been a while since I updated my switch firmware, I think I am still running 10.0.0 or 10.0.1. When I updated last I used ChoDejour. I was just wondering what the latest firmware is and whether or not I should try to update it again. On xbins the latest firmware I see to download is 10.0.2, I think. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Edit: I am seeing that the new Monster Hunter Demo requires firmware 11.0,1 but where can I even find that? Is there a game cartriage that I can get it from, and what is the most safe firmware to use with Hekate and Atmosphere?

Last edited by Gorkensnorkel,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey its been a while since I updated my switch firmware, I think I am still running 10.0.0 or 10.0.1. When I updated last I used ChoDejour. I was just wondering what the latest firmware is and whether or not I should try to update it again. On xbins the latest firmware I see to download is 10.0.2, I think. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
I don't know what you used but ChoiDujour only supports up to firmware 6.2 so you did not use that nor can you use that to update your firmware now. As for updating to the latest firmware 11.0.1, the only issue is that SX OS does not support that firmware so if you like that CFW, you should not update to 11.0.1. Otherwise, there aren't any immediate issues from updating although you don't gain much from updating aside from online play since most things don't require 11.X

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye