Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Parax342

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to install SX Core to not deal with the injecting payload process, I would recommend you to install something like Trinket M0, which is a better option in my opinion(Because of the future of TX and price).
dont you have to press a button on a trinket to launch the payload? also autorcm makes me really uncomfortable b/c of the whole thing where it cant charge

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont you have to press a button on a trinket to launch the payload? also autorcm makes me really uncomfortable b/c of the whole thing where it cant charge

You can use autorcm+ autoboot to have it autoboot a payload for you. As for the autoRCM goes just let it charge for a bit and it should boot normally, my recommendation would be to not let the battery died.

Reactions: GCS

Parax342

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use autorcm+ autoboot to have it autoboot a payload for you. As for the autoRCM goes just let it charge for a bit and it should boot normally, my recommendation would be to not let the battery died.
how would i have the trinket autoboot a payload?

Corpus99x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Question:
On the hetake launch screen where you can select emummc, sys, stock.... there are no icons for each option. How can I assign an icon to each?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and how do i do this again?

You use the Hekate stored on the modchip to chainload another payload basically, you can either load up Hekate on the sd card to chainload another payload or load up fusee-primary for example, you go to the option tab and then autoboot to configure your autoboot payload. I like to chainload from the chip to load up hekate stored on the sd card to load up another payload.

GCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Question:
On the hetake launch screen where you can select emummc, sys, stock.... there are no icons for each option. How can I assign an icon to each?
You can find custom icons from this thread and I believe you also edit the icon paths from hekate ini like this:
(as an example, icon=bootloader/res/atmosphere.bmp)

Reactions: Corpus99x

Parax342

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You use the Hekate stored on the modchip to chainload another payload basically, you can either load up Hekate on the sd card to chainload another payload or load up fusee-primary for example, you go to the option tab and then autoboot to configure your autoboot payload. I like to chainload from the chip to load up hekate stored on the sd card to load up another payload.
oh, i didn't know hekate was stored on the chip!

Chupa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Good day everybody!

So… let me give you the full history:

I had my switch for a while, bought a V1 brand new, got SXOS (pro), did a backup with it on 09/17/2019 on it’s out of the box OFW 4.1.0 (CLEAN!!)

Updated emunand twice with Choi when I wanted to play newer games..

Updated it a couple weeks ago to use Atmosphere, so now I got EmuNAND running CFW 10.2.0|AMS 0.14.4|E

I would like to upgrade my SysNAND to play some online games, (I used BaNX to check and I’m NOT banned)

Question:
1- Can I boot SysNAND Official Firmware (currently 4.1.0) through Hekate, update it via Nintendo servers to 10.2.0, link a Nintendo account (have never linked any acc to it) download let’s say, fortnite and get on with online playing?????

or..

Keep OFW downgraded, then boot Atmosphere Force SysNAND through Hekate and play online there???? (Maybe use mission control to use my PS4 controller)

Is it safe to link account, go online, use shop, etc, on this Force SysNAND????? (I know I can’t use pirated stuff on it, but if I’m careful to keep it under the oficial stuff, is that OK???

How do you guys use it on yours???

2- Also, bonus question… Should I save my keys with Lockpick? I never did this, if yes, why??? Why do I ever want to have my keys saved??? I never really understood why we need them for…

And last but not least:

3- Should I Restore my NAND backup 4.1.0 as a factory reset before attempting this online route? Or since I never went online on SysNAND and was ALWAYS offline when inside EmuNAND I should be fine and there’s no need to restore it??????

Thanks in advance for any help, sorry to post something that get’s asked all the time but I’m afraid of missing a detail and getting banned!

Have a nice day!!!

Last edited by Chupa,

GCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Good day everybody!

So… let me give you the full history:

I had my switch for a while, bought a V1 brand new, got SXOS (pro), did a backup with it on 09/17/2019 on it’s out of the box OFW 4.1.0 (CLEAN!!)

Updated emunand twice with Choi when I wanted to play newer games..

Updated it a couple weeks ago to use Atmosphere, so now I got EmuNAND running CFW 10.2.0|AMS 0.14.4|E

I would like to upgrade my SysNAND to play some online games, (I used BaNX to check and I’m NOT banned)

Question:
1- Can I boot SysNAND Official Firmware (currently 4.1.0) through Hekate, update it via Nintendo servers to 10.2.0, link a Nintendo account (have never linked any acc to it) download let’s say, fortnite and get on with online playing?????

or..

Keep OFW downgraded, then boot Atmosphere Force SysNAND through Hekate and play online there???? (Maybe use mission control to use my PS4 controller)

Is it safe to link account, go online, use shop, etc, on this Force SysNAND????? (I know I can’t use pirated stuff on it, but if I’m careful to keep it under the oficial stuff, is that OK???

How do you guys use it on yours???

2- Also, bonus question… Should I save my keys with Lockpick? I never did this, if yes, why??? Why do I ever want to have my keys saved??? I never really understood why we need them for…

And last but not least:

3- Should I Restore my NAND backup 4.1.0 as a factory reset before attempting this online route? Or since I never went online on SysNAND and was ALWAYS offline when inside EmuNAND I should be fine and there’s no need to restore it??????

Thanks in advance for any help, sorry to post something that get’s asked all the time but I’m afraid of missing a detail and getting banned!

Have a nice day!!!
1- Use OFW SysNAND to be online, not CFW SysNAND. Update with official Nintendo servers and don't forget to update your atmosphere and Hekate.
2- You should use Lockpick to backup your keys. It might be important in the future.
3- If you haven't been into your SysNAND with CFW then I doN't see a reason for you to do that.

Note: There is no guarantee that you won't get banned

Last edited by GCS,

Ikaruga007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys I did it... I carelessly connected my switch with my new router(to get some games on the sd card by using ftp) and didn't think of changing the dns so the system seems to have sent a crash report from earlier or something to the server and now I get the error that I am banned from using the online services :ninja: They are insanely quick at banning Switches on a hardware level it seems.

What are the downsides(aside from never being able to sell the system and of course not being able to play online, I guess the serial of my switch is now blacklistet at Nintendo). Is this an issue for future game releases, cause I can't update the main system anymore(it's at 10.something)?

From what I understand only the atmosphere version and the title keys really matter, right? I'm wondering if there is a way to flash the switch so that it will always only boot into atmosphere instead, would make a lot of sense now...

Last edited by Ikaruga007,
Reactions: schatzi123

Chupa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
1- Use OFW SysNAND to be online, not CFW SysNAND. Update with official Nintendo servers and don't forget to update your atmosphere and Hekate.
2- You should use Lockpick to backup your keys. It might be important in the future.
3- If you haven't been into your SysNAND with CFW then I doN't see a reason for you to do that.

Note: There is no guarantee that you won't get banned

Thank you so much for such a quick reply @GCS !!!

1- OK, will use the OFW then. Atmosphere and Hekate are already updated to latest versions =)
2- Will save it then, I think they come up to a small size backup so it shouldn't hurt right?
3- Ok, that's a relief =), I didn't want to go through the whole restore process..

I know that there's no guarantee, I did my homework reading all about that, so no worries, it is what it is... let's hope for the best!

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you so much for such a quick reply @GCS !!!

1- OK, will use the OFW then. Atmosphere and Hekate are already updated to latest versions =)
2- Will save it then, I think they come up to a small size backup so it shouldn't hurt right?
3- Ok, that's a relief =), I didn't want to go through the whole restore process..

I know that there's no guarantee, I did my homework reading all about that, so no worries, it is what it is... let's hope for the best!

Backup your keys to a dozen different locations, same with your nand backup (or just prodinfo.bin) if you want to as they are what are needed to recover a catastrophic hardware brick

GCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Guys I did it... I carelessly connected my switch with my new router(to get some games on the sd card by using ftp) and didn't think of changing the dns so the system seems to have sent a crash report from earlier or something to the server and now I get the error that I am banned from using the online services :ninja: They are insanely quick at banning Switches on a hardware level it seems.

What are the downsides(aside from never being able to sell the system and of course not being able to play online, I guess the serial of my switch is now blacklistet at Nintendo). Is this an issue for future game releases, cause I can't update the main system anymore(it's at 10.something)?

From what I understand only the atmosphere version and the title keys really matter, right? I'm wondering if there is a way to flash the switch so that it will always only boot into atmosphere instead, would make a lot of sense now...
I would recommend you to update your emuNAND with Daybreak and play the latest games in there, update the atmosphere, and Hekate too. Don't say you don't need emuNAND because you are banned, if you only damage your EmuNAND in future it will be a real time saver, compare to damaging the SysNAND.
You can buy RCM-Loader and a jig to boot to Hekate/ Atmosphere easily but if you don't want any dongle you can install your Switch an internal modchip like Trinket M0.

Reactions: Ikaruga007

Finale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, i got a new larger sd card, and i use a partitioned emummc now. So to transfer things over,i thought it would be simpler to just back my saved games with checkpoint, create a new emummc on the new sd card, paste the contents of the old sd card on the new one(athmosphere, bootloader, etc) and restore the save games using checkpoint again. Is that correct or is doing so a mistake?

Reactions: Corpus99x

Ikaruga007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would recommend you to update your emuNAND with Daybreak and play the latest games in there, update the atmosphere, and Hekate too.

Honestly I am a bit clueless right now, haven't startet my Switch for 8 months I think and I used the atmosphere updater I had installed to update everything. However now I can't play Fire Emblem TH anymore, it starts and then gives an error, even though I have played it through once 8 months ago...

Also downloaded Mario 3D Allstars which crashes my Switch when I try to install it with gold leaf, final fantasy IX which I also downloaded worked fine...

I also downloaded a compressed nzx of disgaea 1 which I converted to nsp with Switch army knife and my passkey but this crashes as well when I hit install...

I am currently on firmware 10.2.0, atmosphere is at 0.15.0 and hekate should be at the most recent version.

You can buy RCM-Loader and a jig to boot to Hekate/
I have a solid made jig already and am payloading through my pc(which is a hassle of course).

Last edited by Ikaruga007,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head