Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

sumi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My new second Switch is probably still on 1.0.0. Where can I look which switch firmware I can manually upgrade to which also supports the latest Atmosphere CFW? Each time I try to come back to homebrew I forget every single thing.

(edit: Rephrasing)

Last edited by sumi,

Corpus99x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
NSZ files are installed the same way as NSP files. The only title installer that does not support NSZ files however is Goldleaf. But Goldleaf is arguably the worst title installer so it is a non-issue.

Thanks Draxzelex. Lol RIP me, I'm mainly using goldleaf, what others do you recommend. I had lithium but it was an RU version so I could not read it and I could not find Tinfoil on the homebrew app store.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

My new second Switch is probably still on 1.0.0. Where can I look which switch firmware I can manually upgrade to which also supports the latest Atmosphere CFW? Each time I try to come back to homebrew I forget every single thing.

(edit: Rephrasing)

darthsternie net has Switch firmware files, though I am unsure about how you would install them without using homebrew apps like ChoiDujourNX on the Switch

Reactions: sumi

sumi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
darthsternie net has Switch firmware files, though I am unsure about how you would install them without using homebrew apps like ChoiDujourNX on the Switch
Ah, sorry, I've never been good at explaining. I meant that I currently have an unpatched new switch which I want to mod, currently at 8.1.0 (just checked). I want to start using running Atmosphere on it and upgrade it to be able to run newer games, but I don't know which firmware version I should get on darthsternie's site.

As in, what if I upgrade to 10.2.0, but Atmosphere only works on.. let's say 10.1.0 for example? Which is why I want to know where I can look at Atmosphere's firmware support. I hope I made any sense.

Reactions: Corpus99x

Corpus99x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah, sorry, I've never been good at explaining. I meant that I currently have an unpatched new switch which I want to mod, currently at 8.1.0 (just checked). I want to start using running Atmosphere on it and upgrade it to be able to run newer games, but I don't know which firmware version I should get on darthsternie's site.

As in, what if I upgrade to 10.2.0, but Atmosphere only works on.. let's say 10.1.0 for example? Which is why I want to know where I can look at Atmosphere's firmware support. I hope I made any sense.

I am on 10.2.0, I think that is the latest firmware as of this post and I am running the latest version of atmosphere.
I cannot post links due to noob status but there are links posted on previous page to atmosphere. You can scroll down on the github page and see from v0.14.3 to the latest version - 0.15.0 there is support for 10.2.0 switch firmware

Reactions: sumi

sumi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am on 10.2.0, I think that is the latest firmware as of this post and I am running the latest version of atmosphere.
I cannot post links due to noob status but there are links posted on previous page to atmosphere. You can scroll down on the github page and see from v0.14.3 to the latest version - 0.15.0 there is support for 10.2.0 switch firmware
I see it on their github page! Time to do a nand backup first and foremost, then I'll upgrade with ChoiDujourNX. Thank you kindly!

Reactions: Corpus99x

HBubli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have an Question. I have set up Incognito (with the exosphere.ini), 90DNS and an EmuMMC. Am i safe now? Or could i do more?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an Question. I have set up Incognito (with the exosphere.ini), 90DNS and an EmuMMC. Am i safe now? Or could i do more?
To be perfectly honest, you do not need Incognito, 90DNS, or any kind of protection. The Switch won't connect to the Internet without Wi-Fi settings. The real purpose of those tools is to retain online access without connecting to Nintendo's servers. They don't prevent bans, they delay bans by simulating them.

HBubli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
To be perfectly honest, you do not need Incognito, 90DNS, or any kind of protection. The Switch won't connect to the Internet without Wi-Fi settings. The real purpose of those tools is to retain online access without connecting to Nintendo's servers. They don't prevent bans, they delay bans by simulating them.
So i will get banned soon?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i just lower the Ban chance right?
As I just said, tools such as 90DNS and Incognito merely mimic a ban therefore they don't prevent bans but they delay them. I am referring to the time of when you get banned because if you can't connect to Nintendo's servers, you cannot get banned but not being able to connect to Nintendo's servers is the same as being banned.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
But, softmod is not about jig, dongle for payload and so on? I missed something?
Sure 2019 version doesnt have fw 4.0
You are correct, due to the model the jigpayload won't work.

The only viable options for a 2019 switch are softmod (unsure if it would work, it goes to 7.x iirc) or the SX modchip

Amidaraxar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys,
I've got some doubts. Maybe they're stupid but I recently hacked my switch and day by day I'm learning something new.

I tried to dump my cardgames but at the moment there is a bug with nxdumptool so, in order to understand if I lost my save data or not, I install one of my games and all my data were present (for god's sake). My questions are:
  • if I'd like to backup my save data should I use EdiZon? If yes, where are stored data?
  • if I'd like to delete a game with all updates and DLC it is just necessary to go from the menu of the console in Software, choose the game and click on delete? Is it the only way? If I delete a SW I do not delete also the save data right?
  • It is possible to have more than one sd card for running heckate and all the other files? Because I found out to have another 128Gb memory card so, if one got full I could switch to the other one (of course I could buy a bigger one and it would be all easier)
  • If I'd bought some games from the eShop but I never installed them, when I click on the in the home page the console ask me to start downloading the file. If I confirm the download I could be banned from Nintendo correct? I've configured manually the DNS (google one's).
Thank you in advance for your help, have a nice day.

Last edited by Amidaraxar,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,
I've got some doubts. Maybe they're stupid but I recently hacked my switch and day by day I'm learning something new.

I tried to dump my cardgames but at the moment there is a bug with nxdumptool so, in order to understand if I lost my save data or not, I install one of my games and all my data were present (for god's sake). My questions are:
  • if I'd like to backup my save data should I use EdiZon? If yes, where are stored data?
  • if I'd like to delete a game with all updates and DLC it is just necessary to go from the menu of the console in Software, choose the game and click on delete? Is it the only way? If I delete a SW I do not delete also the save data right?
  • It is possible to have more than one sd card for running heckate and all the other files? Because I found out to have another 128Gb memory card so, if one got full I could switch to the other one (of course I could buy a bigger one and it would be all easier)
  • If I'd bought some games from the eShop but I never installed them, when I click on the in the home page the console ask me to start downloading the file. If I confirm the download I could be banned from Nintendo correct? I've configured manually the DNS (google one's).
Thank you in advance for your help, have a nice day.
  1. You can use Checkpoint, EdiZon, or JKSV. The location will vary depending on which save manager you use
  2. It makes the most sense to use the console's own Data Management feature to uninstall game data.
  3. You can have as many SD cards with CFW files as you want but be aware that any game data installed to the SD card will not be carried over
  4. There is always a risk of getting banned when going online with a hacked console

Reactions: Amidaraxar

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You are correct, due to the model the jigpayload won't work.

The only viable options for a 2019 switch are softmod (unsure if it would work, it goes to 7.x iirc) or the SX modchip
And how it works the softmod for 2019 version? What we need to do it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o