Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, thank you for all the info.

I bought a 400GB microsd so that I could fit all of my games on there, I guess I didn't need to do that?

Additionally I didn't buy a RCM tool, but after failing with a paperclip 10x I'm starting to worry about killing the Switch, so maybe I should.
You should still have a large SD card for your games.

Follow this guide with an appropriately sized paperclip. Once you enter RCM, install AutoRCM so you never need to use a paperclip again. Alternatively, buy a cheap jig.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/paperclip-rcm-jig.502087/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I did not enabled auto rcm when i was updating my switch so is it because of this i cant install nsp ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do i have to reinstall the frimware?
If you cannot install NSP files after updating, it is probably because you are using outdated signature patches. You do not need to reinstall your firmware.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did install the latest sigpatches and the latest atmosphere version
If you are not using an emuMMC, follow these steps:
  1. Make sure the SD card is FAT32.
  2. Remove all CFW files/folders from your SD card if you have any (that would be folders like /sept/ and /atmosphere/)
  3. Download the latest Atmosphere
  4. Download the latest fusee-primary (next to Atmosphere)
  5. Download these signature patches (for Atmosphere v0.14.1)
  6. Put Atmosphere and the signature patches onto your SD card
  7. Put the SD into your Switch
  8. Enter RCM using a jig of your choice or AutoRCM
  9. Launch Atmosphere using fusee-primary, using something like TegraRcmGUI to send fusee-primary to your Switch over a USB-C cable.
You should also be using blawar's Tinfoil for NSP installation.

Blithe34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
If you are not using an emuMMC, follow these steps:
  1. Make sure the SD card is FAT32.
  2. Remove all CFW files/folders from your SD card if you have any (that would be folders like /sept/ and /atmosphere/)
  3. Download the latest Atmosphere
  4. Download the latest fusee-primary (next to Atmosphere)
  5. Download these signature patches (for Atmosphere v0.14.1)
  6. Put Atmosphere and the signature patches onto your SD card
  7. Put the SD into your Switch
  8. Enter RCM using a jig of your choice or AutoRCM
  9. Launch Atmosphere using fusee-primary, using something like TegraRcmGUI to send fusee-primary to your Switch over a USB-C cable.
You should also be using blawar's Tinfoil for NSP installation.
Still can't install them

Blithe34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
You're going to have to be more specific. Are you using blawar's Tinfoil? Are you receiving an error message? Are you trying to install to SD or MMC? Are you installing NSP files over USB, SD, etc.? Do you have enough room?
I have enough room.I tried both gold leaf and lithium. Gold leaf showed the undocumented error and lithium said that sigpatches for firmware are missing
or the ticket database is corrupt.Iam trying to install NSP over sd card

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have enough room.I tried both gold leaf and lithium. Gold leaf showed the undocumented error and lithium said that sigpatches for firmware are missing
or the ticket database is corrupt.Iam trying to install NSP over sd card
Use blawar's Tinfoil. Make sure you've followed all of my instructions exactly.

gabesja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you followed my steps exactly and you're still having issues, then there is probably something wrong with the game or SD card. If it were me, I'd delete the game and reinstall it using an NSP from another source.

Tried again, reformating the sd card, reinstalled atmosphere and sigpatches accordingly and the same games wont launch.
Also I have problems with installation speeds after updating to 10.1.0, maybe a downgrade may work?
I'm also thinking about trying freeshop/tinfoil, but I'm really scared about having the accounts banned if I mess up.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried again, reformating the sd card, reinstalled atmosphere and sigpatches accordingly and the same games wont launch.
Also I have problems with installation speeds after updating to 10.1.0, maybe a downgrade may work?
I'm also thinking about trying freeshop/tinfoil, but I'm really scared about having the accounts banned if I mess up.
If you have Incognito installed, you aren't going to get banned for anything you do on that MMC.

Reactions: gabesja

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is that I use sysnand(?) not the sd one...
You can install Incognito to your sysMMC. Just make sure you have a sysMMC backup from before you installed Incognito stored someplace safe. Alternatively, you can use Atmosphere's built in Incognito function.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to my computer my sd card format is exFAT but I had used a program to change it to FAT32 so i'm pretty sure its FAT32 and windows 7 just refuses to display it as such.
If your computer displays it as exFAT, it's probably exFAT. I recommend using guiformat to format it as FAT32.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having this issue: Trying to run hbmenu in applet mode from gallery while playing Crash Bandicoot crashes the Switch. For another (smaller) game, "A Short Hike", it doesn't crash.
Is there an error code attached to the crash?

Wondering if anyone can help.

Im wanting to install SYSBOT. Im pretty sure I am running SXOS (That's what my RCM boots it into).

However - My SD card doesn't have any of the files for SXOS. I can't go on their website either as it is blocked. How can I go about getting this files for it to run correctly, and to get this correctly installed.

thanks.
If your SD card doesn't have any of the files for SX OS, I highly doubt it is booting into SX OS.

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an error code attached to the crash?

error code: 2345-0038 (0x4d59)
Program: 0100...0100D (I'm not sure how many zeros are in the middle)

Attachments

• 2020-09-07 17.59.41.jpg
    2020-09-07 17.59.41.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 228
Last edited by TidusWulf,

Ryan1994

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a clean OFW latest update and a EMUmmc that I need to update to the latest FW atmosphere.

Should I need to make a backup of my OFW or EMUmmc?? Because last time I didn't

lucoia

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My 2 SX Lite just arrived like that without the original packages. Am I missing something without it?

EDIT: Seller told me nothing is missing and the SX OS license is in the SX Lite chip so it just register automatically after installation, is that correct?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-09-08 at 11.06.03.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-09-08 at 11.06.03.jpeg
    197.9 KB · Views: 191
Last edited by lucoia,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9