Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Done all of that and for the first time ever been able to install Tinfoil which is huge progress, thank you.

As for my games I copied onto the SD card before I believe 90gb of data was in a Nintendo folder, if I moved that back to the card now would the games work or are they dead and buried now and I'll need to redownload? Save data is still on the console from what I've seen.
If you haven't done anything like format the system or remove tickets, the SD backups might work.

Reactions: deejaybenji

MomZo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Soooooo, I spent my evening on the Switch and successfully made a clean update:
1/ I changed my SD card format from exFAT to FAT32 to avoid any corruption
2/ I updated OFW to 10.1.0 (but I forgot to update the joycons...)
3/ I used the option in SX OS bootloader to clean any trace of SX Core modding
4/ I dumped my updated sysNand and stored it on my computer
5/ I created a new emuNand based on FW10.1.0 and chose hidden partition (my reseller chose files on SD card before)
6/ I pasted to my SD card all my useful homebrews and reinstalled Incognito v1.5 to hide my serial number
7/ I reinstalled most of my games one by one (all NSPs) via USB thanks to Tinfoil and Nut server
(no copy/paste of the whole Emutendo as I didn't want to keep some files I don't need or to overwrite some I should not)
7/ I restored my game saves thanks to JKSV

Took me the whole evening from 7pm to 1am but all seems to work correctly, and the most important is I won't have nightmare again about data corruption due to the bad management of Nintendo exFAT driver. :whip::rofl2:

Reactions: Latyana

deejaybenji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Spoke too soon I think.

Pokemon Sword and Pokken are the only ones not working now, how strange.

I still have the game card of Sword, is there a way to rip it now I don't have NXDump, guessing you can in Tinfoil?

DeareN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I finally tried to hack my 4.1 V1 Switch with Pegascape.
I follow the homebrew guide, I copied the necessary files from sdsetup. Formated my 256gb SD card to fat32 with 32k allocation size.
I boot to my switch, it loads the Pegascape page, I get the success message and after that it says to press home button, tap the album to launch the hbmenu to inject fake news.
Every single time I try to tap the album icon a window opens with nothing inside and the switch crashes.
I don't know what to do. At first I tried to download a different version of hbmenu, same thing happens.
I deleted everything now and backed up my Nintendo folder and I will reformat the SD card with guiformat in long format process. I used quick format at first.
I don't think this is the problem however.
Any help would be really welcome guys

Last edited by DeareN,

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok then would something somewhere tell me which of my games are in the content stuff on my nintendo folder? the one i got backupped on my computer. i really need my old info on my switch due to my net being a p.i.t.a. i got my games redownoading their updates but its taking forever. 115gb now just makes me mad to see it lol.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spoke too soon I think.

Pokemon Sword and Pokken are the only ones not working now, how strange.

I still have the game card of Sword, is there a way to rip it now I don't have NXDump, guessing you can in Tinfoil?
It'd be easier just to download and install the NSP.

I finally tried to hack my 4.1 V1 Switch with Pegascape.
I follow the homebrew guide, I copied the necessary files from sdsetup. Formated my 256gb SD card to fat32 with 32k allocation size.
I boot to my switch, it loads the Pegascape page, I get the success message and after that it says to press home button, tap the album to launch the hbmenu to inject fake news.
Every single time I try to tap the album icon a window opens with nothing inside and the switch crashes.
I don't know what to do. At first I tried to download a different version of hbmenu, same thing happens.
I deleted everything now and backed up my Nintendo folder and I will reformat the SD card with guiformat in long format process. I used quick format at first.
I don't think this is the problem however.
Any help would be really welcome guys
Is this an RCM vulnerable Switch?

DeareN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

No it is ipatched on 4.1. The exploit recognizes that and says success. I updated hbloader.nsp and hbmenu.nro to see if the problem is there, however the same thing happens. IMG_20200722_073310.jpgIMG_20200722_073341.jpgIMG_20200722_073414.jpg

At the final photo the switch does not respond, like a crash. The power button works, you see the power options if you hold it.
Reformatted my SD card in long format and copied the files again and the same thing happens.

Last edited by DeareN,

charliedunkers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
Hi all

Using a Class 10 sd card 128 gb in the switch , but im getting very low speed while doing transfer to it
[08:41:58] Transferred 1 File (35,88 MB) in 29 seconds (1,22 MB/s)

PRetty much same speed if i use it via wifi or a usb lan dongle ,

??

Sunproof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've done a complete wipe and reformat of SD card and copied everything new and clean to SD card - still getting error 'the software was closed because an error occured'. Any suggestions? I'm on OFW 8.1, not sure if that should be updated?

deejaybenji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

So I've somehow managed to screw it up, I formatted the card again and restored the Nintendo folder as I accidentally deleted a game in tinfoil and couldn't find an NSP.

Now that I've reformatted Tinfoil now doesn't work and tells me I need to download software when trying to launch from the home-screen, any ideas, driving me crazy.

My internet is really slow and a 16gb file was going to take a long time so I thought starting over again would have worked, I'm guessing because Tinfoil was working and it's added stuff to the consoles memory it was fine, I can't understand why it wouldn't be now :/

jaycruz9

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
noob here this is my question
1 what is CFW-sysmcc CFW-emumcc Stock nand
2 when i got my switch hack i dont know what i use CFW SYSNAND or CFW EMUMCC
3 i update may console and atmosphere 10.0.4 atms .13 then my emumcc is not booting (1rst time update firmware) so i created a new cfw emumcc in my sd card but my games is not laoding then i check the net and i edit emumcc,ini change path=emumcc/sd/nindtedo to path=nintendo and my games is working again MY QUESTION IS HOW ABOUT MY SAVE if i save my game in emumcc it will or willnot reflect in the save in sysmcc

Last edited by jaycruz9,

deejaybenji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
3 i update may console and atmosphere 10.0.4 atms .13 then my emumcc is not booting (1rst time update firmware) so i created a new cfw emumcc in my sd card but my games is not laoding then i check the net and i edit emumcc,ini change path=emumcc/sd/nindtedo to path=nintendo and my games is working again MY QUESTION IS HOW ABOUT MY SAVE if i save my game in emumcc it will or willnot reflect in the save in sysmcc
The saves are on the console

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So I've somehow managed to screw it up, I formatted the card again and restored the Nintendo folder as I accidentally deleted a game in tinfoil and couldn't find an NSP.

Now that I've reformatted Tinfoil now doesn't work and tells me I need to download software when trying to launch from the home-screen, any ideas, driving me crazy.

My internet is really slow and a 16gb file was going to take a long time so I thought starting over again would have worked, I'm guessing because Tinfoil was working and it's added stuff to the consoles memory it was fine, I can't understand why it wouldn't be now :/

Just on that, I tried to delete it from data management now Tinfoil doesn't appear anywhere, tried adding it to the SD card under the switch folder but nothing, doesn't even appear in homebrew menu :/

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You need to reinstall Tinfoil. Tinfoil installs itself to the SD card, so when you restored an old backup of your SD card, you lost Tinfoil.

Reinstall Tinfoil by running it from the homebrew launcher. If that doesn't work, delete it from the data management screen in the system settings first.

Last edited by Lacius,

deejaybenji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Managed to get it back, just redownloading Smash Bros as my file seems to have just disappeared, it's the mega amounts of DLC I think that's caused an issue.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Managed to get it back, just redownloading Smash Bros as my file seems to have just disappeared, it's the mega amounts of DLC I think that's caused an issue.
It's usually not a good idea to move contents of the Nintendo folder around between the SD card and the computer, since it's very easy for a mismatch to form between what's on the SD card and what's expected to be on the SD card. Instead, it's recommended that you keep the NSP files of anything important, and it's highly recommended that you make periodic backups of your important save files using JKSV.

If you haven't already done so, it's also very important that you make a NAND backup (including BOOT0/1) and store it somewhere safe.

deejaybenji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's usually not a good idea to move contents of the Nintendo folder around between the SD card and the computer, since it's very easy for a mismatch to form between what's on the SD card and what's expected to be on the SD card. Instead, it's recommended that you keep the NSP files of anything important, and it's highly recommended that you make periodic backups of your important save files using JKSV.

If you haven't already done so, it's also very important that you make a NAND backup (including BOOT0/1) and store it somewhere safe.

How do I do that? I'm downloading the NSP that's not working now and going to attempt that, it looks like a match of paid and downloaded DLC caused the issue.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I do that? I'm downloading the NSP that's not working now and going to attempt that, it looks like a match of paid and downloaded DLC caused the issue.
If you manually download your NSP files, I'm saying to keep them stored somewhere safe. Making periodic backups of your Nintendo folder is fine, but it's probably never going to be perfect.

• CFW sysMMC is when you boot Atmosphere on your sysNAND
  • CFW emuMMC is when you boot Atmosphere on your emuMMC
  • Stock is when you boot OFW on your sysNAND
If you want to use CFW emuMMC, you need to manually setup an emuMMC beforehand. Otherwise, you will be using CFW sysNAND. Alternatively, you don't have to use Hekate as a bootloader. Many people recommend using fusee-primary instead of Hekate. If you don't know whether or not to make an emuMMC, there are two main reasons a person would want to make one:
  1. To use online play on the sysMMC
  2. The Switch is ipatched on 4.1.0, and the sysMMC cannot be updated
Save games on the sysMMC are not read by the save games on the emuMMC. If you want to transfer save games between the two, you need to manually backup and restore those save games using JKSV.

deejaybenji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you manually download your NSP files, I'm saying to keep them stored somewhere safe. Making periodic backups of your Nintendo folder is fine, but it's probably never going to be perfect.

• CFW sysMMC is when you boot Atmosphere on your sysNAND
  • CFW emuMMC is when you boot Atmosphere on your emuMMC
  • Stock is when you boot OFW on your sysNAND
If you want to use CFW emuMMC, you need to manually setup an emuMMC beforehand. Otherwise, you will be using CFW sysNAND. Alternatively, you don't have to use Hekate as a bootloader. Many people recommend using fusee-primary instead of Hekate. If you don't know whether or not to make an emuMMC, there are two main reasons a person would want to make one:
  1. To use online play on the sysMMC
  2. The Switch is ipatched on 4.1.0, and the sysMMC cannot be updated
Save games on the sysMMC are not read by the save games on the emuMMC. If you want to transfer save games between the two, you need to manually backup and restore those save games using JKSV.

Yeah I'm going to redownload my NSP's incase this happens again and store them on an external hard drive moving forward, I just didn't want to lose the 12 games I already had, I've been downloading an NSP for 2 hours now and I'm not even 2gb down, just happens to be a game at 15gb too.

2020 and we got internet speeds of 10mbps here in the UK :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.