Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any idea on how to get Tinfoil working on Hekate/Atmosphere etc? Just coming up with a super old version and won't allow me to do anything!
You have a lot of options for Incognito. I'd personally just use the Atmosphere setting. You can also using Incognito_RCM to install it.

As for Atmosphere and Tinfoil, assuming you mean blawar's Tinfoil, you should do the following:
  1. Make a NAND backup with Hekate if you haven't already. Make sure you at least backup eMMC SYS and BOOT0/1. Store it somewhere safe.
  2. Make sure your SD card is formatted as FAT32. Use guiformat to reformat it if it's not FAT32.
  3. Remove all CFW files/folders from your SD card (that would be folders like /sept/ and /atmosphere/)
  4. Download the latest Atmosphere
  5. Download the latest fusee-primary (next to Atmosphere)
  6. Download these signature patches
  7. Download HBG (or Tinfoil, if you don't want to use HBG)
  8. Put Atmosphere, HBG, and the signature patches onto your SD card
  9. Put the SD into your Switch
  10. Put your Switch into RCM
  11. Launch Atmosphere using fusee-primary
  12. Open the Homebrew Launcher
  13. Open the Tinfoil Installer and let HBG install

kite21

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello, sorry to bother but I need some help. Was gonna open a game and I accidentally hit the "update console now" thing, the message that it was done appeared and then it said the console was gonna reset. Thing is, it didn't, it turn itself off and tried to boot (the green light from the switch base turned on and then off immediately) but it didn't do anything. I tried to use the RCM to start the console and the atmosphere splash screen appears but when it came time for the nintendo logo to appear nothing, just a black screen the logo never appeared. I tried to update atmosphere (was on 11 I think, I went to 12) but that only gives me a fatal error std: : abort ( ).called (0xffe). Hekate boots but I can't even boot to normal it just gives me the same black screen.

I am guessing the update didn't installed correctly or something? I don't have a backup so idk what to do. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

powerzhea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For some odd reason, when i play on clean nand, my pro controller decides not to be working, any way to fix this?

Fixed. Had to resync controller.

Last edited by powerzhea,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, sorry to bother but I need some help. Was gonna open a game and I accidentally hit the "update console now" thing, the message that it was done appeared and then it said the console was gonna reset. Thing is, it didn't, it turn itself off and tried to boot (the green light from the switch base turned on and then off immediately) but it didn't do anything. I tried to use the RCM to start the console and the atmosphere splash screen appears but when it came time for the nintendo logo to appear nothing, just a black screen the logo never appeared. I tried to update atmosphere (was on 11 I think, I went to 12) but that only gives me a fatal error std: : abort ( ).called (0xffe). Hekate boots but I can't even boot to normal it just gives me the same black screen.

I am guessing the update didn't installed correctly or something? I don't have a backup so idk what to do. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
If the SD card is exFAT, then the update might have removed exFAT support. Reformat as FAT32 using guiformat, and make sure your CFW files are up to date.

kantaroo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I'm having trouble starting the Homebrew launcher after updating Atmosphere. I select the photo album while holding R and it does not go into Homebrew, rather it gives me some tips on how to take photos and whatnot. Likewise when I try to access Homebrew by opening a game and pressing R after selecting the user, no luck with that method either.
I do have a hbmenu.nro file on the root of my SD card.
Has anyone had a similar problem before?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm having trouble starting the Homebrew launcher after updating Atmosphere. I select the photo album while holding R and it does not go into Homebrew, rather it gives me some tips on how to take photos and whatnot. Likewise when I try to access Homebrew by opening a game and pressing R after selecting the user, no luck with that method either.
I do have a hbmenu.nro file on the root of my SD card.
Has anyone had a similar problem before?
Boot the album without holding R.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It really was that simple... I feel like the class clown now... :blush:
As for title override, make sure you're holding R before you boot the game, and keep holding it until the Homebrew Launcher boots. Title override is recommended.

You can change all of these button combinations in the config settings.

kantaroo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As for title override, make sure you're holding R before you boot the game, and keep holding it until the Homebrew Launcher boots. Title override is recommended.

You can change all of these button combinations in the config settings.

Many thanks, I will update the button configurations so they're back to what I'm used to. I'm now successfully on FW 10.0.4|AMS 0.12.01S.

However I am still struggling to run the games so I would appreciate some advice on how I can get unstuck. I've posted the question in what I think is the more relevant thread here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-t...-patches-to-use-on-switch-fw-10.563886/page-5

But in sum, I think I have downloaded the correct sigpatches and I think I have placed them in the correct location on the SD card. But the installed games still won't run. Is there anything else I need to do with those sigpatches apart from having them in the atmosphere folder?

Edit: OK, I think I figured it out: for some reason the Raugo sigpatches did not work for me. However the Haruko sigpatches did work. Everything seems to be working now.
Thanks for your help earlier, I know it's taken me a while but I've got there in the end!

Last edited by kantaroo,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I go about upgrading a mini sd card on an already hacked Switch?
Are you asking how to update the setup, or how to switch to a bigger SD card? I'm going to assume the former.

Which CFW are you using, Atmosphere? If you're using fusee-primary to boot Atmosphere (recommended), just update Atmosphere, fusee-primary, and add these signature patches.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/atmosphere-patches-es-fs-and-loader-fusee_primary-only.562812/

To update the system version, install the 10.0.4 update using ChoiDujourNX. Make sure you install exFAT support of your SD card is exFAT (not recommended).

DOTmjo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you asking how to update the setup, or how to switch to a bigger SD card? I'm going to assume the former.

Which CFW are you using, Atmosphere? If you're using fusee-primary to boot Atmosphere (recommended), just update Atmosphere, fusee-primary, and add these signature patches.

To update the system version, install the 10.0.4 update using ChoiDujourNX. Make sure you install exFAT support of your SD card is exFAT (not recommended).

So I have a 128Gb and I'm now trying to upgrade to a 256gb card. I formatted the new card to FAT32 and copied all my files over only to get an unknown pkg1 version when trying to boot.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a 128Gb and I'm now trying to upgrade to a 256gb card. I formatted the new card to FAT32 and copied all my files over only to get an unknown pkg1 version when trying to boot.
Make sure you format the SD card as FAT32 using guiformat. Using anything else could result in issues.

If that doesn't solve the problem, delete the /Atmosphere/ and /Sept/ folders from your SD card, redownload Atmosphere, put Atmosphere onto your SD card, redownload fusee-primary, and boot the system using fusee-primary.

Are you using an emuNAND/emuMMC?

DOTmjo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you format the SD card as FAT32 using guiformat. Using anything else could result in issues.

If that doesn't solve the problem, delete the /Atmosphere/ and /Sept/ folders from your SD card, redownload Atmosphere, put Atmosphere onto your SD card, redownload fusee-primary, and boot the system using fusee-primary.

Are you using an emuNAND/emuMMC?

I was indeed using emuNAND/emuMMC on my old sd card. Do I need to go and create partitions on my new sd card as well to mirror the original card?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was indeed using emuNAND/emuMMC on my old sd card. Do I need to go and create partitions on my new sd card as well to mirror the original card?
You need to recreate the emuNAND partition and transfer your emuNAND over, yes.

If you don't use online play with legitimately purchased games, there isn't any reason to use an emuNAND.

kite21

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If the SD card is exFAT, then the update might have removed exFAT support. Reformat as FAT32 using guiformat, and make sure your CFW files are up to date.

Thank you, that actually did the trick. Another question: Does that mean if I downgrade back to 10.0.1 I will be able to use exFAT? I am mostly curious to know if this is a Nintendo thing or the update had a hiccup?. Once again thank you for your help!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, that actually did the trick. Another question: Does that mean if I downgrade back to 10.0.1 I will be able to use exFAT? I am mostly curious to know if this is a Nintendo thing or the update had a hiccup?. Once again thank you for your help!
Every firmware version except 1.0 has 2 different versions; one that supports and does not support exFAT. By default, one is given the non-exFAT version so Nintendo does not have to pay royalties to Microsoft. The only way to get the exFAT version of your firmware is to have an exFAT formatted SD card and to accept a separate update prompt. However this cannot be done with CFW as CFW requires the console to be able to read the SD card in order to load and without the exFAT update, your console will not register the SD card.

Regardless, there is no reason to use exFAT on the Switch as it can corrupt your SD card and games are automatically split into <4 GB chunks regardless of how the SD card is formatted. Not to mention that the alternative ways of installing .NSP files, which are the most common >4 GB files you will encounter, are faster than installing the .NSP file from your SD card.

Reactions: Lacius and kite21

kite21

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Every firmware version except 1.0 has 2 different versions; one that supports and does not support exFAT. By default, one is given the non-exFAT version so Nintendo does not have to pay royalties to Microsoft. The only way to get the exFAT version of your firmware is to have an exFAT formatted SD card and to accept a separate update prompt. However this cannot be done with CFW as CFW requires the console to be able to read the SD card in order to load and without the exFAT update, your console will not register the SD card.

Regardless, there is no reason to use exFAT on the Switch as it can corrupt your SD card and games are automatically split into <4 GB chunks regardless of how the SD card is formatted. Not to mention that the alternative ways of installing .NSP files, which are the most common >4 GB files you will encounter, are faster than installing the .NSP file from your SD card.

I see, thank you for your reply! This was very informational. I spend most of my day looking for answers and learned a few things along the way so I thank for your reply. Every new bit of info counts :)

Reactions: Draxzelex

Sabregod

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm using SX OS, are there benefits of installing .XCIs as opposed to running them via mounting? I heard the game loads faster but can anyone confirm that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up