Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

kallek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm planning on using the wifi hotspot on my Samsung Galaxy S7 and connect my Switch to it and use Pegascape.

Have anyone tried using their android phone's hotspot with the switch or is it a risk that the phone will override the Switch's DNS settings?

DrDoctor

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Could someone point me to a guide on how to backup an emuMMC that is on a SD partition in hekate?

I keep only finding guides that explain how to backup eMMC to create an emuMMC...

Thank you in advance!

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Could someone point me to a guide on how to backup an emuMMC that is on a SD partition in hekate?

I keep only finding guides that explain how to backup eMMC to create an emuMMC...

Thank you in advance!
You can’t backup emuMMC in hekate yet. You need a tool to clone the sd partition on your computer.

So it's possible to boot into OFW with AutoRCM On now?
I thought it was impossible.
You can boot to SysNAND.

Reactions: DrDoctor

Hayro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I see so that explains everything about my post pages ago. Everything is okay then.
I thought that you couldn't boot into SysNAND while you have AutoRCM On.

So with AutoRCM On, the switch checks first if there is a payload and if not it boots into SysNAND.
I see... thanks for your help guys.

aarti

Killua Zoldyck
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I see so that explains everything about my post pages ago. Everything is okay then.

So with AutoRCM On, the switch checks first if there is a payload and if not it boots into SysNAND.
That's not how it works. In RCM the switch always boots only if a payload is injected. You can boot into stock sysMMC through hekate.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

If you are in RCM it stays there if you don’t inject a payload.

prodeuce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running into trouble where my switch will flash the splash screen of reinx then black out, so it can't fully boot. This is after installing 2.2 and upgrading to 8.01, then upgrading to 2.4. Is it possible to just switch to kosmos right now? Or is does someone have some insight into fixing my problem?

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I'm running into trouble where my switch will flash the splash screen of reinx then black out, so it can't fully boot. This is after installing 2.2 and upgrading to 8.01, then upgrading to 2.4. Is it possible to just switch to kosmos right now? Or is does someone have some insight into fixing my problem?
So you have the latest ReiNX on your micro sd?
If you want to switch to Kosmos, simply replace all files and folders on your micro sd.

Edit: Maybe you have updated to 8.1.0 without exFAT support. What format is your micro sd card?

Last edited by pLaYeR^^,

RyoX9

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I recently decided to mod my switch, its on 5.1.0 and before july 2018.
Sd card cannot be formatted unless switch is updated so what are my options to run homebrew and play new games?

Epps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

a bit of info if you will please.

my switch is on 6.2 and unpatched. It has been online once when it was first purchased but since has been on airplane mode.

I recently restored from a clean backup after trying Homebrew, no NSPs or games installed.

Q1. Should I go online and register my console first before creating an emuNAND?

Q2. Once it’s been online and registered I assume I need to create a new NAND backup.

Q3. Will I be forced to update to 8.1 if I want to register?

Q4. Is it better to create a NAND backup after a factory reset and its been registered or does it not matter.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

prodeuce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to switch to Kosmos, simply replace all files and folders on your micro sd.

Edit: Maybe you have updated to 8.1.0 without exFAT support. What format is your micro sd card?

I formatted my memory card to fat32, so I went on the upgrade path of updating without exfat support.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FAT32, however the console also gave me the same error before even putting a SD card and CFW on it. I was hoping the CFW would somehow stop the crash.
What error were you getting in OFW?

Hello,

a bit of info if you will please.

my switch is on 6.2 and unpatched. It has been online once when it was first purchased but since has been on airplane mode.

I recently restored from a clean backup after trying Homebrew, no NSPs or games installed.

Q1. Should I go online and register my console first before creating an emuNAND?

Q2. Once it’s been online and registered I assume I need to create a new NAND backup.

Q3. Will I be forced to update to 8.1 if I want to register?

Q4. Is it better to create a NAND backup after a factory reset and its been registered or does it not matter.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.
  1. Yes
  2. If you want to maintain a clean NAND backup, then yes. Otherwise, it is optional
  3. Yes
  4. I would create a NAND dump after registering the account but I do not see the point in performing a factory reset

Reactions: Epps

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: im playing fortnite rn and just got rsn over by a car