Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

geeleonidas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
are there people using CFW (like atmosphere) for homebrew-only?

Is it safe? What are the current methods of preventing bans?

What do you mean by "homebrew-only"?
And about ban preventing, there's two that I know of:
- 90DNS: literally just a DNS that blocks Ninty
- Incognito: a homebrew app that "erases" your Switch's ID, so Nintendo can't ban you assuming that they don't know your serial

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

I made a backup of my sysnand before CFW, but Fake News was already injected (I did exactly what AltasNX team documented to do), but I understand that there's always a possibility to get banned (I wish I could buy another Switch). Do you know if there's some guide or something that goes through
this kind of situation? I don't want to take high risks.

Btw I remembered just now that I've seen a guy who used eshop's "Link a Nintendo account" message to open PegaScape (I think this is 100% clean), so I was thinking about throwing out Fake News to try it.
As the guide mentions, those use a https so you can't use 'Link a Nintendo account' i think.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can use that in all fw right ?

Only on unpatched unit it is consider clean as it doesn't launch any CFW in horizon os, unpatched unit you can launch it on all firmware, patched unit entry point via pegascape is available up to 4.1.0 firmware, with 3.0.1 and 3.0.2 pegascape doesn't support.

Last edited by Hayato213,

horokeusama

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What do you mean by "homebrew-only"?
And about ban preventing, there's two that I know of:
- 90DNS: literally just a DNS that blocks Ninty
- Incognito: a homebrew app that "erases" your Switch's ID, so Nintendo can't ban you assuming that they don't know your serial

I meant "safe" homebrews, like emulators. I don't really care about playing actual switch backups, I just want to run retroarch.

geeleonidas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I meant "safe" homebrews, like emulators. I don't really care about playing actual switch backups, I just want to run retroarch.
Like using Lakka? It's safe indeed. Ninty can't log or detect something that isn't even running on Switch's original system.
If you are plannning to run RetroArch on Atmosphere (like I do), then you should be worried, on Atmosphere it's like any other "unofficial" nsp as far as I know.

Reactions: Lacius
D

Deleted User

So if I use homebrew and emulator stuff I will not get banned ?
You always have a risk for a ban when you modify your Switch.
So basically, if you care for online. Don't use homebrew.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Like using Lakka? It's safe indeed. Ninty can't log or detect something that isn't even running on Switch's original system.
If you are plannning to run RetroArch on Atmosphere (like I do), then you should be worried, on Atmosphere it's like any other "unofficial" nsp as far as I know.
Nintendo can detect .nsp installs easily. (example: dev menu)

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow that was fast

Really? Should I use my sysnand (it only has Fake News injected) as a base to this online emunand then? Or is my sysnand dirty because of Fake News?
First, to be clear, you can use multiple emuNAND setups. If you have a patched system and you care about online play, then you are going to need the following:
  1. Your sysNAND forever trapped on 4.1.0 for accessing PegaScape
  2. A clean emuNAND for online play on 8.1.0
  3. A dirty emuNAND on 8.1.0 for hacks, kept offline (or with 90DNS and/or Incognito installed)
Some would argue that your sysNAND is technically dirty because of Fake News, but it can easily be removed, and in principle, it won't leave any traces behind. I also don't think anyone has been banned yet for having Fake News installed.

are there people using CFW (like atmosphere) for homebrew-only?

Is it safe? What are the current methods of preventing bans?
Using an emuNAND is recommended if you're habitually using homebrew and you also care about online play. Only using Atmosphere and certain homebrew (offline) is less likely to get you banned than installing NSP files, however.

So if I use homebrew and emulator stuff I will not get banned ?
There is still a ban risk, even though it's much lower than installing NSP files. If you're going to habitually use homebrew, and you care about using online play, I recommend using an emuNAND.

Reactions: geeleonidas

Joeli53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I got Atmosphere and Goldleaf 0.5 working (I don't understand how to use Goldleaf 0.61), but since I'm going with SXOS once my SX Pro arrives, is there a way to keep using Goldleaf for USB installations from my PC? Do I just put the Goldleaf .nro and sigpatches files on my SD card like I did with Atmosphere?

If Goldleaf is not compatible with SXOS, I keep seeing mentions of Tinfoil with SXOS, but I haven't used Tinfoil yet.

D

Deleted User

So, I got Atmosphere and Goldleaf 0.5 working (I don't understand how to use Goldleaf 0.61), but since I'm going with SXOS once my SX Pro arrives, is there a way to keep using Goldleaf for USB installations from my PC? Do I just put the Goldleaf .nro and sigpatches files on my SD card like I did with Atmosphere?

If Goldleaf is not compatible with SXOS, I keep seeing mentions of Tinfoil with SXOS, but I haven't used Tinfoil yet.
There is SX Installer (Tinfoil fork) and i haven't used SX OS at all but, most homebrew should work with SX OS. Unless it depends on sysmodules that SX OS doesn't have.

Spinsz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, to be clear, you can use multiple emuNAND setups. If you have a patched system and you care about online play, then you are going to need the following:
  1. Your sysNAND forever trapped on 4.1.0 for accessing PegaScape
  2. A clean emuNAND for online play on 8.1.0
  3. A dirty emuNAND on 8.1.0 for hacks, kept offline (or with 90DNS and/or Incognito installed)
Some would argue that your sysNAND is technically dirty because of Fake News, but it can easily be removed, and in principle, it won't leave any traces behind. I also don't think anyone has been banned yet for having Fake News installed.

Using an emuNAND is recommended if you're habitually using homebrew and you also care about online play. Only using Atmosphere and certain homebrew (offline) is less likely to get you banned than installing NSP files, however.

There is still a ban risk, even though it's much lower than installing NSP files. If you're going to habitually use homebrew, and you care about using online play, I recommend using an emuNAND.
Since I have an unpatched switch, can I just use sysNAND to go online, and emuNAND for cfw and homebrew?

Joeli53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is SX Installer (Tinfoil fork) and i haven't used SX OS at all but, most homebrew should work with SX OS. Unless it depends on sysmodules that SX OS doesn't have.

Great, thanks. Hopefully the installer through SX OS is as good as the Atmosphere + sigpatches + Goldleaf combo that worked for me.

D

Deleted User

Great, thanks. Hopefully the installer through SX OS is as good as the Atmosphere + sigpatches + Goldleaf combo that worked for me.
Probably really similar since it just looks like Tinfoils twin brother. TX is getting lazyyy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land