Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Options, List all devices

Wow that looks like it actually worked:

upload_2019-8-4_20-22-50.png

I guess it was a bug with the Zadig version.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also thanks for your help @Lacius. Why do you recommend Tinfoil over Goldleaf?

Reactions: Lacius

Firion Hope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my hacks are a bit outdated now, but I'm using an old ReiNX on 4.1.0. I want to install emunand and have it on the latest version, and then update to the latest atmosphere with kosmos. I have the R4S dongle and I'm curious how to go about it, do I just update to the latest dongle firmware and do it that way or do I have to do something different since Im on a lower switch fw version?

Last edited by Firion Hope,
D

Deleted User

glad to see you saved your switch, currently the only cfw that supports emuNAND is SX OS atmosphere has emuMMC you can find tutorials here on gbatemp. there is no risk in updating if its rcm exploitable switch just update and setup emummc

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow that looks like it actually worked:

View attachment 175274

I guess it was a bug with the Zadig version.

Also thanks for your help @Lacius. Why do you recommend Tinfoil over Goldleaf?
Historically, Goldleaf has had a lot of issues often solved by using DZ Tinfoil. In addition, Goldleaf historically rarely received updates (the last was in March, before the most recent one).

With the new version of Goldleaf, I don't know if that's still the case.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: Yeabuddy

Yeabuddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Historically, Goldleaf has had a lot of issues often solved by using DZ Tinfoil. In addition, Goldleaf historically rarely received updates (the last was on March, before the most recent one).

With the new version of Goldleaf, I don't know if that's still the case.

How does NSP installation work with Tinfoil? I tried going to the FIle Browser then the usb:/ or usbfs:/ but they show 0 folders.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does NSP installation work with Tinfoil? I tried going to the FIle Browser then the usb:/ or usbfs:/ but they show 0 folders.
You need to be running nut server on your computer.

So my hacks are a bit outdated now, but I'm using an old ReiNX on 4.1.0. I want to install emunand and have it on the latest version, and then update to the latest atmosphere with kosmos. I have the R4S dongle and I'm curious how to go about it, do I just update to the latest dongle firmware and do it that way or do I have to do something different since Im on a lower switch fw version?
A few questions:
  1. Do you plan on using online play?
  2. Is there a reason you're on 4.1.0? Is that where you want your sysNAND to be?
  3. Which exploit do you want to use: Fusee gelee (RCM) or Deja Vu (browser)?
  4. Do you care about preserving your fuse count for future downgrades?

Firion Hope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to be running nut server on your computer.

A few questions:
  1. Do you plan on using online play?
  2. Is there a reason you're on 4.1.0? Is that where you want your sysNAND to be?
  3. Which exploit do you want to use: Fusee gelee (RCM) or Deja Vu (browser)?
  4. Do you care about preserving your fuse count for future downgrades?

1. No, at least not anytime soon.
2. I heard its the last exploitable version for certain exploits and figured its better to keep it there, but as long as I dont lose features by updating Im not opposed to going on a different one.
3. Whichever you think is better is fine.
4. I kind of do, I'd prefer to keep my options open if possible.

D

Deleted User

you need to keep your fuses if you want to downgrade to 4.1.0 again
fusee is better (in my opinion)
that depends which homebrew is installed some homebrew dont work with other fw but reinx works with 8.1.0 if you want to keep your fuses use choidujournx to update and not get banned. (if i remember correctly you need to use hekate everytime you boot if you want to keep your fuses)

Reactions: Firion Hope

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. No, at least not anytime soon.
2. I heard its the last exploitable version for certain exploits and figured its better to keep it there, but as long as I dont lose features by updating Im not opposed to going on a different one.
3. Whichever you think is better is fine.
4. I kind of do, I'd prefer to keep my options open if possible.
Given your answers, here are my recommendations:
  1. Make a NAND backup with Hekate if you haven't already. Store it somewhere safe.
  2. Remove all CFW files/folders from your SD card (that would be folders like /sept/ and /atmosphere/)
  3. Download the latest Atmosphere from github (currently 0.9.2)
  4. Download the latest fusee-primary (next to Atmosphere)
  5. Download these signature patches
  6. Put Atmosphere and the signature patches onto your SD card
  7. Download the 8.1.0 system update files
  8. Put the 8.1.0 folder onto the root of your SD card
  9. Download ChoiDujourDX and put it into the /switch/ folder on your SD card
  10. Put the SD into your Switch
  11. Boot your Switch into RCM
  12. Launch Atmosphere using fusee-primary
  13. Update to 8.1.0 using ChoiDujourDX. If you don't want AutoRCM installed as a way to preserve fuses and/or conveniently load RCM, make sure you untick that option. If you do want AutoRCM installed, keep that option ticked. If your SD card is formatted as exFAT, make sure you install "8.1.0 (exFAT)" in ChoiDujourDX.
If you're not going to use online play, and your Switch is unpatched, then you don't need to use an emuNAND.

If you prefer fusee gelee over Deja Vu, then it's highly unlikely you will ever see a need to downgrade to 4.1.0. That being said, you can still use AutoRCM to preserve your fuses so you can downgrade to 4.1.0 later if you want.

You can use the latest fusee-primary with your dongle.

Last edited by Lacius,

Yeabuddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I tried to install Fire Emblem I got the message "NCA signature verification failed. This file is modified, and could be malicious. Enable 'install unsigned code' in the options menu to override this error and install."

Should I chance it or find another NSP? ;)

D

Deleted User

if you 100% trust the source that you downloaded the nsp from enable it if you dont well, buy it legally.

D

Deleted User

i dont know anything about piracy sites except hbg shop due to the drama it caused.

but, i heard xci are much more safer then nsp

Reactions: Yeabuddy

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I tried to install Fire Emblem I got the message "NCA signature verification failed. This file is modified, and could be malicious. Enable 'install unsigned code' in the options menu to override this error and install."

Should I chance it or find another NSP? ;)
It was probably just repacked. It should be able to be installed by enabling the "install unsigned code" option. If you don't trust the source, make sure you have a NAND backup stored somewhere safe beforehand.

but, i heard xci are much more safer then nsp
XCI files aren't any safer.

Firion Hope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Given your answers, here are my recommendations:
  1. Make a NAND backup with Hekate if you haven't already. Store it somewhere safe.
  2. Remove all CFW files/folders from your SD card (that would be folders like /sept/ and /atmosphere/)
  3. Download the latest Atmosphere from github (currently 0.9.2)
  4. Download the latest fusee-primary (next to Atmosphere)
  5. Download these signature patches
  6. Put Atmosphere and the signature patches onto your SD card
  7. Download the 8.1.0 system update files
  8. Put the 8.1.0 folder onto the root of your SD card
  9. Download ChoiDujourDX and put it into the /switch/ folder on your SD card
  10. Put the SD into your Switch
  11. Boot your Switch into RCM
  12. Launch Atmosphere using fusee-primary
  13. Update to 8.1.0 using ChoiDujourDX. If you don't want AutoRCM installed as a way to preserve fuses and/or conveniently load RCM, make sure you untick that option. If you do want AutoRCM installed, keep that option ticked. If your SD card is formatted as exFAT, make sure you install "8.1.0 (exFAT)" in ChoiDujourDX.
If you're not going to use online play, and your Switch is unpatched, then you don't need to use an emuNAND.

If you prefer fusee gelee over Deja Vu, then it's highly unlikely you will ever see a need to downgrade to 4.1.0. That being said, you can still use AutoRCM to preserve your fuses so you can downgrade to 4.1.0 later if you want.

You can use the latest fusee-primary with your dongle.

So I had to modify your instructions a bit, because I cant launch rcm without the dongle as I dont have a cable to connect my pc to my switch. So I went to this site http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/R4SDongles.asp and downloaded the latest uf2 at the bottom and flashed it, and then downloaded the atmosphere pack at the bottom. So it launches fine and has the atmosphere splash screen come up before the normal switch one, but when I click on album nothing happens, even if I hold r or ZR. For reference my switch sd card looks like this (I cleaned it and deleted everything except the Nintendo folder before downloading the pack) any ideas why it wont boot into homebrew menu? Edit: I saw my dongle has an option for custom payloads, so I could flash it and put the latest fusee payload and then only download the bear essentials you mentioned if you think itll work?

LM7wNi0.png

Last edited by Firion Hope,
D

Deleted User

Well i haven't used that pack, try to use KOSMOS instead of this? And is your dongle injecting fusee-primary.bin?

Firion Hope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i haven't used that pack, try to use KOSMOS instead of this? And is your dongle injecting fusee-primary.bin?

okay so I finally got it to work, I had to use the third party payload software for my dongle and flash that, then I had to rename the fusee payload to just payload.bin and with the other stuff in his post it now works

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway