Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
legit 7.0.1 switch, with one emumcc setup right now.
with autorcm, should I keep on chip emmc as legit one or emummc?
I prefer one legit one homebrew stuffs.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
My clean NAND backup is on 3.0.1, but my gamecart slot is updated. I restored the NAND to verify this (it crashes when a cart is inserted). Is there a way for me to update firmware to 4.0.1 so that I'm back to a full-functional state, but do the update in a "clean" way?

I don't know of any payload that could update firmware, only something like choidujournx - but that would require running CFW. Do I have any path forward?
Update with a game cart which has the 4.0.1 update.

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My clean NAND backup is on 3.0.1, but my gamecart slot is updated. I restored the NAND to verify this (it crashes when a cart is inserted). Is there a way for me to update firmware to 4.0.1 so that I'm back to a full-functional state, but do the update in a "clean" way?

I don't know of any payload that could update firmware, only something like choidujournx - but that would require running CFW. Do I have any path forward?
iirc, u can restore the 3.0.1 and upgrade to higher firmware with cho(pc executable version)

barelynotlegal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Draxzelex
i dont think it powers on at all. it was on a dock when i left and was there when i got home. 99% sure it never left the dock. i hold the power down and nothing, not even a fan breeze. i was on latest firmware 8.1 with reinx. i left it unplugged over night then charged just to make sure batt was dead if in a boot loop or something. still nothing. so if anything it was a tittle update? i do remember it seemed like it there was 3 boxes instead of the usuall update option or the run software option. im so used to hitting start software right off the batt. (i do read of course).
so when i installed both sonic and CTR racing games with goldl33f and pc i tried the ignore update option. not sure if that matters or not.

it was either sonic or ctr racing or mario kart ..the light on the dock lights up but seems maybe a shorter blink? could just be paranoid too.
as of now no rcm and i dont even see the screen light up at all. or maybe some kind of hardware failure?
thanx in advance

Edit: just wanted to mention that i was told that if it dies in rcm mode it takes a long time to recharge, with that in mind i always used it as a home console ALWAYS was on the dock and not in use sleep mode. i have had it 2 or 3 months now and i "think" autoRCM is disabled. when i power down i have to use power/volume/jig to send payload, but when i select restart it restarts back into reinx . this is the first time it has errored in any way.
not sure if i mentioned or if it helps but have a nand backup

Last edited by barelynotlegal,
D

Deleted User

Running SX 2.7.1

I have AutoRCM enabled.

How do I fully power off the Switch, when it will not be in use for a long period of time?

I notice that selecting power-off from the system menu just drains the battery...I assume I am doing something wrong.

gte206w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update with a game cart which has the 4.0.1 update.
That would be ideal, but unfortunately the slot being updated means that inserting any game will result in an unrecoverable error and reboot required.

iirc, u can restore the 3.0.1 and upgrade to higher firmware with cho(pc executable version)
Thanks, looks promising. First attempt wasn't successful in the end (switch wouldn't turn on). I'm restoring the NAND again and will give it another shot tomorrow.

barelynotlegal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another update, i got it to boot to stock dash and everything looks ok, but when i inject reinx.bin i see the reinx splash screen for a brief sec. compared to normal. i got it to boot by holding power button for 30 seconds then PUSHED power 2 times "nintendo" screen appears. i going to assume reinx is broken and need to reinstal correct? and for future reference the rcm no charge happens only when its enabled correct?

SignumEternis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've only been following the Switch hacking scene very off and on, waiting for emuNAND to be available for free, and now that it is I'm a bit overwhelmed. I have a fusee-gelee vulnerable Switch and I've just been using it normally and updating it as updates become available until now, so it's on 8.1.0. I made a backup of everything available to be backed up and I managed to get emuMMC successfully installed on my SD card with the new Hekate, but I'm not really sure what to do next. Right now it's just a copy of my vanilla NAND and I want to try out homebrew and "backup" games on it.

I know it's probably pretty simple, but with how many tools there are and how quickly information becomes outdated I just want to make sure I continue to do things right. Don't know if I need to do things a certain way to keep things separate from my legit sysNAND as I want to be able to continue to play online with it.

FLOOR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Hello guys, how are you doing?
I've just bought a *already hacked* Switch, version 7.0.1, and it has atmosphere on it. (it came with an ns-atmosphere dongle).
But i'm more interested in SX Os, i have already bought the software, but i don't know where to start. Basically, i want to:
1. Reset my switch to factory settings, so i can do a clean NAND,
2. Apply emuNAND.
But i don't know if it's safe to reset, as the switch came with games installed on it, and how to do it properly
what do you recommend me to do?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, how are you doing?
I've just bought a *already hacked* Switch, version 7.0.1, and it has atmosphere on it. (it came with an ns-atmosphere dongle).
But i'm more interested in SX Os, i have already bought the software, but i don't know where to start. Basically, i want to:
1. Reset my switch to factory settings, so i can do a clean NAND,
2. Apply emuNAND.
But i don't know if it's safe to reset, as the switch came with games installed on it, and how to do it properly
what do you recommend me to do?
Without a NAND backup from before the Switch was hacked, it's possible you might never be able to make it truly "clean," so you need to acknowledge that risk. That being said, you could follow the part of this guide for cleaning up your NAND, but there's a chance it won't be effective.

FLOOR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Without a NAND backup from before the Switch was hacked, it's possible you might never be able to make it truly "clean," so you need to acknowledge that risk. That being said, you could follow the part of this guide for cleaning up your NAND, but there's a chance it won't be effective.
I'm not planning to go online, but to avoid a useless switch in case something goes wrong,
thank you very much

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not planning to go online, but to avoid a useless switch in case something goes wrong,
thank you very much
If you don't plan on going online, then I wouldn't bother cleaning up your NAND or using an emuNAND. Just make a NAND backup, and if you change your mind about online play later, then you can worry about cleaning your NAND and setting up an emuNAND.

FLOOR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
If you don't plan on going online, then I wouldn't bother cleaning up your NAND or using an emuNAND. Just make a NAND backup, and if you change your mind about online play later, then you can worry about cleaning your NAND and setting up an emuNAND.
Oh, that's cool, i'll make a NAND backup, then i'll get a new SD card, and put SX Os on it, so if anything happens, i'll have my old things on the old SD card, and a NAND Backup.
Also, i can update safely to 8.0.1 using ChoiDuJour right?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so if anything happens, i'll have my old things on the old SD card, and a NAND Backup.
Make sure you put your NAND backup somewhere safe on the cloud, like Google Drive. You can compress it using 7zip so it's not so large. You also need to make sure you have a backup of BOOT0 and BOOT1 in addition to your rawnand backup.

Also, i can update safely to 8.0.1 using ChoiDuJour right?
It is safe to update to 8.1.0 using ChoiDujourNX. Make your NAND backup first.

barelynotlegal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I reinstalled Reims and now everything is good except homebrew album. I just get the regular album with screenshots no homebrew. I thought I reinstalled everything according to reinx website. Do you know what I did wrong?
November I held the R button while selecting album. It worked but I have never had to do that before wierd

Last edited by barelynotlegal,

quantex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I have switch with fw version 7.0.1 and use ReiNX and have autoRCM disabled.
I want to update OFW to 8.1, can someone give-me any hit's what should I do?

Just need to boot OFW and update?

One more question, I have a NAND backup from my OFW 7.0.1, should I do a backup from NAND with OFW 8.1?

Thanks

rufuszombot

Assassin
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have one game I just installed that won't boot, Salt and Sanctuary. It tries to connect to Wi-Fi but then kicks me back to the main horizon menu when it can't. I dont have any other games that do this. I'm on 8.1 running the latest everything (hekate, atmos, Kosmos).
Is there anything that bypasses this? Any other game with online features boots, Like Mario Maker 2.
This has probably been asked a few times, but its new to me.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have switch with fw version 7.0.1 and use ReiNX and have autoRCM disabled.
I want to update OFW to 8.1, can someone give-me any hit's what should I do?

Just need to boot OFW and update?
You can update normally if you want. However, if you're actively using homebrew or playing game backups, it is not recommended to connect your Switch to the internet without installing 90DNS and/or Incognito. Alternatively, you can ChoiDujourNX to update to 8.1.0.

One more question, I have a NAND backup from my OFW 7.0.1, should I do a backup from NAND with OFW 8.1?
There is no need to make another NAND backup. Just keep your oldest NAND backup somewhere safe, preferably somewhere online like Google Drive. You can compress the NAND backup using 7zip to make it significantly smaller. You also need to make sure you backed up BOOT0 and BOOT1.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have one game I just installed that won't boot, Salt and Sanctuary. It tries to connect to Wi-Fi but then kicks me back to the main horizon menu when it can't. I dont have any other games that do this. I'm on 8.1 running the latest everything (hekate, atmos, Kosmos).
Is there anything that bypasses this? Any other game with online features boots, Like Mario Maker 2.
This has probably been asked a few times, but its new to me.
What is the error you receive?

Reactions: quantex

rufuszombot

Assassin
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-snip-

What is the error you receive?

It first checks if the software can be played, then it gives error code 2110-2004 "unable to connect to network device. Please check the status of the network device and try again."
Then I hit close and it brings up a list of network devices. Obviously I dont want to connect to any of them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1