Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

kimdoocheol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had a few questions regarding putting CFW on my Switch. I was hoping you guys could help.
1.) So I bought a Switch on launch, and it has an unpatched serial but it is on the latest FW. Would I be able to put CFW on this Switch? My original intention was to go out and find an unpatched serial, but tbh, that's not happening. I've checked all around my area and cannot find a serial that is unpatched. I wanted to have two Switches, one with CFW on it and one legit one that I can use for retail carts/go online with. If I can put CFW on my old Switch, I would honestly just go out and buy a new one and migrate my data to the new switch and disconnect my old one from the net/get my account off of there.

2.) This question is contingent on question 1. If I am able to put CFW on my old Switch, and I disconnect my account from it, and also disconnect it from the net. Is there any chance of that account getting banned? I have quite a few purchased games on that Switch.

3.) This one is more game specific, but I saw a thread regarding being able to play local co-op with two CFW switches. Is it possible to play any local co-op games when one switch is legit and the other one is on CFW? Mostly looking at Stardew Valley or Minecraft.

EDIT: I forgot to ask this, I've seen the benefits of the SX PRO. The most attractive feature is the EmuNAND, but I don't honestly think it is worth it to spend 60 dollars for a dongle when the tinfoil does fine. Is converting xcl files just a hassle, or what? I have considered buying the dongle, but from what i've seen it doesn't allow OC'ing to "normal" clock speeds. Which I think is necessary for some emulation, so that's a big no go for me because primarily I wanna be able to run retro arch on this thing.

Thank you,

Last edited by kimdoocheol,

chrisnasah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

If i setup emunand do i always have to press volume up button when loading payload or is there a way to force it automatically load the emunand with CFW?

chrisnasah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Modchip + AutoRCM + AutoBoot

Sorry bit noob on this but at the moment all i do is use the jig and push payload using sx pro.

How much different will it be? Reason i am asking because my son uses the switch and want to make sure it will be easy for him before he does a mess.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry bit noob on this but at the moment all i do is use the jig and push payload using sx pro.

How much different will it be? Reason i am asking because my son uses the switch and want to make sure it will be easy for him before he does a mess.

The mod chip get rid of the need of the sx pro dongle, with autoRCM you wouldn't be needing the jig, then you can use Hekate on the mod chip to configure autoboot. If you want to get one setup contact @mattytrog he is based in UK, last I check with him he has only limited amount of Trinket M0 modchip left.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a few questions regarding putting CFW on my Switch. I was hoping you guys could help.
1.) So I bought a Switch on launch, and it has an unpatched serial but it is on the latest FW. Would I be able to put CFW on this Switch? My original intention was to go out and find an unpatched serial, but tbh, that's not happening. I've checked all around my area and cannot find a serial that is unpatched. I wanted to have two Switches, one with CFW on it and one legit one that I can use for retail carts/go online with. If I can put CFW on my old Switch, I would honestly just go out and buy a new one and migrate my data to the new switch and disconnect my old one from the net/get my account off of there.

2.) This question is contingent on question 1. If I am able to put CFW on my old Switch, and I disconnect my account from it, and also disconnect it from the net. Is there any chance of that account getting banned? I have quite a few purchased games on that Switch.

3.) This one is more game specific, but I saw a thread regarding being able to play local co-op with two CFW switches. Is it possible to play any local co-op games when one switch is legit and the other one is on CFW? Mostly looking at Stardew Valley or Minecraft.

EDIT: I forgot to ask this, I've seen the benefits of the SX PRO. The most attractive feature is the EmuNAND, but I don't honestly think it is worth it to spend 60 dollars for a dongle when the tinfoil does fine. Is converting xcl files just a hassle, or what? I have considered buying the dongle, but from what i've seen it doesn't allow OC'ing to "normal" clock speeds. Which I think is necessary for some emulation, so that's a big no go for me because primarily I wanna be able to run retro arch on this thing.

Thank you,
  1. The exploit CFW currently use is hardware-based not software-based so your firmware is irrelevant when it comes to hacking it. CFW support is another story but for the time being, all of them also support the latest firmware. I should also mention that even if the latest firmware wasn't supported by CFW, its still possible to load CFW by downgrading the system since there are actions you can perform without CFW or homebrew.
  2. Account bans are far and few between. Multiple people have reported having unhacked consoles sharing the same account as a hacked one without the account getting banned. Also there are certain games and applications you cannot launch without a linked Nintendo Account so its more beneficial to keep it linked than not linked
  3. If you mean play local games online with friends, that is only possible with games that support LAN. LAN is different from local play in that LAN connects to your local network while local wireless does not. It is possible to play local wireless games online but that requires a kip to convert LAN to local wireless which implies you need CFW running on both units so it would not be possible with your example. This thread explains not only the difference but which games support and don't support LAN. If you mean just play local co-op games in general, these will work with CFW without any issue
  4. Free CFW will eventually be getting EmuNAND anyways so if you're patient, you don't need to waste money on SX OS or SX Pro for EmuNAND. And while converting .XCI files is not that big of a hassle (you use 4NXCI to do so), I find it easier to download .NSP games that I want to play. Unless you're not the type to pirate and want to dump your games, you will have to use 4NXCI to convert your .XCI files into .NSP format. The keys it refers can be legally obtained with Lockpick_RCM

kimdoocheol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
  1. The exploit CFW currently use is hardware-based not software-based so your firmware is irrelevant when it comes to hacking it. CFW support is another story but for the time being, all of them also support the latest firmware. I should also mention that even if the latest firmware wasn't supported by CFW, its still possible to load CFW by downgrading the system since there are actions you can perform without CFW or homebrew.
  2. Account bans are far and few between. Multiple people have reported having unhacked consoles sharing the same account as a hacked one without the account getting banned. Also there are certain games and applications you cannot launch without a linked Nintendo Account so its more beneficial to keep it linked than not linked
  3. If you mean play local games online with friends, that is only possible with games that support LAN. LAN is different from local play in that LAN connects to your local network while local wireless does not. It is possible to play local wireless games online but that requires a kip to convert LAN to local wireless which implies you need CFW running on both units so it would not be possible with your example. This thread explains not only the difference but which games support and don't support LAN. If you mean just play local co-op games in general, these will work with CFW without any issue
  4. Free CFW will eventually be getting EmuNAND anyways so if you're patient, you don't need to waste money on SX OS or SX Pro for EmuNAND. And while converting .XCI files is not that big of a hassle (you use 4NXCI to do so), I find it easier to download .NSP games that I want to play. Unless you're not the type to pirate and want to dump your games, you will have to use 4NXCI to convert your .XCI files into .NSP format. The keys it refers can be legally obtained with Lockpick_RCM

Thanks for the help, this was super helpful. So I will just buy a new Switch to run retail on and convert my old Switch to run CFW.

Can I ask you to elaborate a bit more on 2? If I get what you are saying, I should leave my Nintendo account I have already on there already, linked, but disconnect it from the net? I think this relates to question #4 cause I read someone trying to play local coop (yes, LAN) on their switch with two CFW, but was unable to do so because they had no linked nintendo account. They had to do all this crap to basically get it to work, which I have no desire to do. However, isn't LAN connected through Wi-Fi? So I would have to enable Wi-Fi to connect or am I missing something here?

Ideally i'd like to play Stardew Valley with a retail cart and then connect on LAN through a CFW switch

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help, this was super helpful. So I will just buy a new Switch to run retail on and convert my old Switch to run CFW.

Can I ask you to elaborate a bit more on 2? If I get what you are saying, I should leave my Nintendo account I have already on there already, linked, but disconnect it from the net? I think this relates to question #4 cause I read someone trying to play local coop (yes, LAN) on their switch with two CFW, but was unable to do so because they had no linked nintendo account. They had to do all this crap to basically get it to work, which I have no desire to do. However, isn't LAN connected through Wi-Fi? So I would have to enable Wi-Fi to connect or am I missing something here?

Ideally i'd like to play Stardew Valley with a retail cart and then connect on LAN through a CFW switch
Stardew Valley is one of those games that require a linked Account in order to use its local co-op feature so you are right about that. You also need Wi-Fi in order to play it online. If you are super paranoid, you can setup 90DNS with your Wi-Fi settings to block all Nintendo online features while retaining all other network support (which is a temporary self-induced ban). Lastly, Stardew Valley does not support LAN, only local wireless, so both consoles would need CFW in order to play the local wireless online because local wireless is not LAN.

Hello guys,

I think I am missing something because I can't understand why someone would want to boot to OFW using Hekate ?
Can anyone explain what is the point ?

I currently have Hekate + firmware 7.0.1 + Atmosphere 0.8.9.
As Atmosphere mimics exactly all OFW functions, what is the point in running OFW from Hekate ?
One use out of booting stock is that it allows you to boot up a console with AutoRCM without booting into CFW. This matters because some people, such as myself, see a risk in booting CFW in general when it comes to risking a ban. If I want to use CFW, I do it all offline and restore my clean NAND backup before going online in order to minimize the risk of a ban as much as possible. Also booting stock allows you to not burn fuses while allowing you to go online as safely as possible.

kimdoocheol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Stardew Valley is one of those games that require a linked Account in order to use its local co-op feature so you are right about that. You also need Wi-Fi in order to play it online. If you are super paranoid, you can setup 90DNS with your Wi-Fi settings to block all Nintendo online features while retaining all other network support (which is a temporary self-induced ban). Lastly, Stardew Valley does not support LAN, only local wireless, so both consoles would need CFW in order to play the local wireless online because local wireless is not LAN.

I see. I read this post on another board that said it used LAN/made one Switch an access point. I checked on Stardew Valley's change log and saw that you both have to be on the same router and it's just a local wireless connection. So I apologize for that misunderstanding.

But here's a hypothetical question, I have a spare router. Wouldn't I be able to connect both of my Switch's to that spare router, with no internet, and play with both switches together while not risking being banned?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. I read this post on another board that said it used LAN/made one Switch an access point. I checked on Stardew Valley's change log and saw that you both have to be on the same router and it's just a local wireless connection. So I apologize for that misunderstanding.

But here's a hypothetical question, I have a spare router. Wouldn't I be able to connect both of my Switch's to that spare router, with no internet, and play with both switches together while not risking being banned?
I mean I guess. Its not very common but that should work in theory. All you need is the 2 consoles connected to the same network.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm hacking my switch. I got atmosphere and was wondering how do I go about updating. What firmware is safe to update to?
I recommend updating with the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX as it not only is very easy to use but allows you to update without burning fuses. Fuses prevent users from (normally) downgrading their firmware so in case another exploit is released for lower firmware versions such as a theoretical untethered coldboot hack, you can downgrade your console in order to use it. As for what firmware, I advise 7.X as there is no reason to be on 8.X unless you plan on playing online which is a bad idea with a hacked console anyways.

Reactions: iluvfuzz

iluvfuzz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must be doing something wrong. When I push hekate it gives me the splash screen then the nintendo logo and then its just black. I thought it was suppose to boot atmosphere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Unity is a asshole and I want to set it on fire
    +1
    and C++
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina