Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Eray

Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
hi all, quick question.. i was installing a game via usb cable from my laptop but installation was interrupted in the middle.. now i see the game in my main screen, but obviously it's not working.. "Options" menu is grayed out, so i cannot delete it from main screen..
I believe I can delete it directly from Nintendo folder via a file explorer.. but unfortunately the name of the folders and files are random, like 00000011->61lakdnalskdalkdaalksdma.nca
how can I find which folder/file to delete?
Is there any way to find the data file of the corrupted installation on the sd card, so that i can delete it?

stellarr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok so... after turning off my switch from the sx os pro menu yesterday, i woke up today and it won't boot up. I always press vol + and power button to boot into the sx os menu with the dongle inserted. However, it will only show the sx os logo and turn into a black screen, don't know what caused this, it might probably be AUTORCM since it's on but how can I get my switch to boot up again?

CassioAug

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there a up to date guide or data about game compatibility for games and game updates and what OFW version u need?
Don't know any, but I know that if you update to 7.0.0 ~ 8.0.1 you can play anything up to this point.

good morning,
just something that´s crossing through my mind and i´m not sure if i´m missing something.
So, i own a 7.01 (OFW) switch which is banned. Is there still any point in creating/using emunand? from my point of view that would only make sense for unbanned units. no? :)
The most important is a nand backup, but Emunand can also protect you from a brick I believe.

ok so... after turning off my switch from the sx os pro menu yesterday, i woke up today and it won't boot up. I always press vol + and power button to boot into the sx os menu with the dongle inserted. However, it will only show the sx os logo and turn into a black screen, don't know what caused this, it might probably be AUTORCM since it's on but how can I get my switch to boot up again?
Before turning off did you update or something? Could you check the battery? Tried to plug your SD card on your computer to check if it's working fine?

Last edited by CassioAug,

stellarr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Before turning off did you update or something? Could you check the battery? Tried to plug your SD card on your computer to check if it's working fine?

I did not update my switch, I booted into sx os menu to turn it off completely and now it won't boot. with or without the micro sd. only the sx os logo appears but then it goes into a black screen. the sd is working fine. I'm sure it is due to autorcm i'm guessing, but even with the sx os pro dongle (which would have the payload i'm assuming) it won't boot into the menu at all to disable it, only the logo appears and then black screen.

CassioAug

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I did not update my switch, I booted into sx os menu to turn it off completely and now it won't boot. with or without the micro sd. only the sx os logo appears but then it goes into a black screen. the sd is working fine. I'm sure it is due to autorcm i'm guessing, but even with the sx os pro dongle (which would have the payload i'm assuming) it won't boot into the menu at all to disable it, only the logo appears and then black screen.
Can you boot in OFW? And have you tried injecting your payload through TegraRCMGui?

stellarr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you boot in OFW? And have you tried injecting your payload through TegraRCMGui?

It never lets me boot into OFW with or without sd card ever since i installed sx os (don't know if this is how it works) but somehow, i managed for it to boot into the sx os menu and it's all fixed. I've done the literal same (vol + and power button) several times, i casually put it to charge too and now after trying to boot again, it somehow booted up. Uninstalled AutoRCM immediately after that, was probably on an AutoRCM loop.

CassioAug

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It never lets me boot into OFW with or without sd card ever since i installed sx os (don't know if this is how it works) but somehow, i managed for it to boot into the sx os menu and it's all fixed. I've done the literal same (vol + and power button) several times, i casually put it to charge too and now after trying to boot again, it somehow booted up. Uninstalled AutoRCM immediately after that, was probably on an AutoRCM loop.
Sice you could see the SX logo, it seems to me it's wasn't a problem with AutoRCM, but I could be wrong. It seems that it just wasnt being able to load the bootloader or to read your card (hence why I asked to check). But I'm glad you could fix it! About the OFW, don't worry, it was my mistake. Since AutoRCM was on, and you weren't able to get into the bootloader, you wouldn't be able to boot in OFW indeed.

Reactions: stellarr

BOTWXX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hello,

I have a switch with firmware 6.01 which I use with hekate.
Today I updated zelda BOTW to V1.6 but now it does not start anymore. I read that I need at least firmware 7.0. So I wanted to know if I could update to the latest nintendo while still using nsp games?
How would be the easiest way to update ?

With kind regards

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi all, quick question.. i was installing a game via usb cable from my laptop but installation was interrupted in the middle.. now i see the game in my main screen, but obviously it's not working.. "Options" menu is grayed out, so i cannot delete it from main screen..
I believe I can delete it directly from Nintendo folder via a file explorer.. but unfortunately the name of the folders and files are random, like 00000011->61lakdnalskdalkdaalksdma.nca
how can I find which folder/file to delete?
Is there any way to find the data file of the corrupted installation on the sd card, so that i can delete it?
Try deleting it from Data Management -> Software -> Delete Software

Hello,

Today I updated zelda BOTW to V1.6 but now it does not start anymore. I read that I need at least firmware 7.0. So I wanted to know if I could update to the latest nintendo while still using nsp games?

With kind regards
Use the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX to update your firmware without burning fuses which will allow you to downgrade to a firmware with the same fuse count as 6.0.1 in case a better exploit such as a theoretical untethered coldboot hack by enabling AutoRCM after the installation.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

With kind regards

Update via ChoidujourNX, the update require 7.0.1 firmware.

BOTWXX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Could I update to 8.0 or would it cause trouble?

"theoretical untethered coldboot hack by enabling AutoRCM after the installation."

Could you explain what you mean? Im not an IT guy.

With kind regards

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could I update to 8.0 or would it cause trouble?

"theoretical untethered coldboot hack by enabling AutoRCM after the installation."

Could you explain what you mean? Im not an IT guy.

With kind regards

He meant untethered as that you don't need a computer to push a payload if you have a mod chip or a payload dongle, mod chip is the better option. You could run into some problem with games installed not working, common issue in 8.0.x due to poor older build.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you have a tutorial on how to update to 7.0.1 with ChoiNX?
I linked you a thread in my initial response post.
Use the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX to update your firmware without burning fuses which will allow you to downgrade to a firmware with the same fuse count as 6.0.1 in case a better exploit such as a theoretical untethered coldboot hack by enabling AutoRCM after the installation.

zoya

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys, after lurking here for a long time, I've decided to take a chance and to try to hack myself. I've never hacked any kind of console before and I'm fairly new to the topic, so please bear with me. Also, thanks a lot for all you great people helping us noobs out and answering all sorts of questions in your freetime.

I'm currently trying to figure out how to set up my SD card. I'm aware that I need to format it into fat32 and that before doing anything, I should backup my NAND.

1. From the "Backup/Restore your Nand"-guide (sorry, I can't post links since this is my first post), I gather that NAND backups should be done with hekate. I also understand that hekate and Atmosphère somehow belong together. Are these the only options? If not, what are the main reasons to use these?

Additionally, I'm wondering how to decide what CFW to use. Please correct me if any of this information is wrong: Homebrew supports a wide variety of firmware versions, new updates being released a couple of weeks after Nintendo has released a new official update. If one wishes to update, they should always wait for a "Homebrew version" of it, as updating with Nintendo would require being online (possibility of being banned) and burning fuses(?).

2. I am purchasing a Nintendo switch that has never been used, and confirmed via the serial number that it is hackable. How do I find out what firmware it is currently running, as it was sold by Nintendo? (Does it even come with a firmware or does Nintendo require their users to update once the console was turned on the first time? In other words, is an untouched Switch even running a firmware?)

3. How do I decide what kind of version I want to run? This is the kind of question that gets me confused the most, since guides and forum discussions vary strongly in the time they were created. I understand that in order to play the latest games, I need the latest versions. But I have also read about several functions that might seem cool which are not supported by versions 3.x.x (I think?) or higher. How did you guys decide what version you want to run?

BOTWXX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Thank you a lot for your kind help.
My last questions is: Is it safe to go from 6.0.1 directly to 7.0.1?

With kind regards

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, after lurking here for a long time, I've decided to take a chance and to try to hack myself. I've never hacked any kind of console before and I'm fairly new to the topic, so please bear with me. Also, thanks a lot for all you great people helping us noobs out and answering all sorts of questions in your freetime.

I'm currently trying to figure out how to set up my SD card. I'm aware that I need to format it into fat32 and that before doing anything, I should backup my NAND.

1. From the "Backup/Restore your Nand"-guide (sorry, I can't post links since this is my first post), I gather that NAND backups should be done with hekate. I also understand that hekate and Atmosphère somehow belong together. Are these the only options? If not, what are the main reasons to use these?

Additionally, I'm wondering how to decide what CFW to use. Please correct me if any of this information is wrong: Homebrew supports a wide variety of firmware versions, new updates being released a couple of weeks after Nintendo has released a new official update. If one wishes to update, they should always wait for a "Homebrew version" of it, as updating with Nintendo would require being online (possibility of being banned) and burning fuses(?).

2. I am purchasing a Nintendo switch that has never been used, and confirmed via the serial number that it is hackable. How do I find out what firmware it is currently running, as it was sold by Nintendo? (Does it even come with a firmware or does Nintendo require their users to update once the console was turned on the first time? In other words, is an untouched Switch even running a firmware?)

3. How do I decide what kind of version I want to run? This is the kind of question that gets me confused the most, since guides and forum discussions vary strongly in the time they were created. I understand that in order to play the latest games, I need the latest versions. But I have also read about several functions that might seem cool which are not supported by versions 3.x.x (I think?) or higher. How did you guys decide what version you want to run?
  1. Hekate is a bootloader. That means its main job is to boot CFW. However unlike the other bootloaders, Hekate has the most optional features the most useful of which is backing up/restoring the NAND. Hekate was the first tool for both of these functions so its natural everyone uses it. Also, unlike most other tools for dumping the NAND such as SX OS or the ReiNX toolkit, they do not have a function to verify your dump unlike Hekate
  2. Consoles typically come with firmware versions of 5.1 or less. System updates are not forced and even though your console will automatically download the latest firmware if it is connected to the Internet, it will never automatically install it. The Switch will always ask for your permission before it installs anything
  3. The issue is that firmware is normally tied to the fuse count of the console. A list can be found here. Each firmware has a fuse count and the console will only boot up a firmware that matches the current fuse count, normally. The solution is to update without burning fuses. This way, your firmware will still be updated but you can also downgrade at any point to your firmware before you updated without burning fuses because you didn't burn fuses when you updated. There are a couple of ways to go about this but the best is with the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX. As for what firmware you want, only go as far as what CFW supports. While CFW supports the current latest firmware, this is not always the case. You also don't always have to update to the latest firmware unless you want to play online or the latest games/updates/DLC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c