Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

skykid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you mean update SysNAND to 7.0 and install .NSP files in EmuNAND, then yes.
If you read a little up above, certain titles will not launch without a linked Nintendo Account such as the NES app or Pianista. I don't know how many games actually require an account nor any resource that lists games which do require an account but they are definitely in the minority. You also cannot link a Nintendo Account without updating to firmware 7.0 which breaks all CFW for the time being (at least until CFW gets updated to work with 7.0) so for the time being, you will be fine without linking an account.

Thank you for your responses, you really helped me out.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do extract a firmware update from an xci? I read hactool.exe will do it but I don't know how.

I want the 5.1 update from my super smash bros backup I made to update my second switch from 4.1 to 5.1 using ChoiDujourNX.

I figured it out by using xci-explorer.
You're honestly better off finding the 5.1 firmware files from the Internet.
cough xbins cough

Question: How do I update my emunand with CHOI? Do I untick the autorcm? I assume that after installing the new firmware it does boost into OFW, right?
Pretty much. Updating EmuNAND with ChoiDujourNX doesn't require AutoRCM as there is no way you can burn fuses whenever EmuNAND is running a firmware higher than SysNAND.

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ugh, I have been postponing this for way too long.

What i have:
switch on 6.1
exfat
using Reinx
still using tinfoil. (sometimes tinfoil crashes because of some version or something)

What I want:
Update to 6.2
still exfat i guess (don't use homebrew for now)
Goldleaf
updated Reinx
keep my already installed games and savefiles intact.

Course of action???
1) Backup the whole SD card just to be safe
2) Update Reinx to the latest version, and reboot to check if it still works
3) Update firmware to 6.2 with choudujourNX and a copy of the official 6.2 firmware (no region specifics right?)
4) While updating keep my jig in there so It goes into recovery mode afterwards and I can inject reinx to reactivate RCM
5) put goldleaf on my sd card
5) pray that everything still works

This the correct steps?

Just want to be 100% sure.

Last edited by vree,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ugh, I have been postponing this for way too long.

What i have:
switch on 6.1
exfat
using Reinx
still using tinfoil. (sometimes tinfoil crashes because of some version or something)

What I want:
Update to 6.2
still exfat i guess (don't use homebrew for now)
Goldleaf
updated Reinx

Course of action???
1) Backup the whole SD card just to be safe
2) Update Reinx to the latest version, and reboot to check if it still works
3) Update firmware to 6.2 with choudujourNX and a copy of the official 6.2 firmware (no region specifics right?)
4) While updating keep my jig in there so It goes into recovery mode afterwards and I can inject reinx to reactivate RCM
5) put goldleaf on my sd card
5) pray that everything still works

This the correct steps?

Just want to be 100% sure.

Backup SD card
get latest version of reinx and toolkit from the reinx guide
update with choidujourNX to 6.2 (choose exfat option in the upgrade process), choidujourNX installs autorcm by default
restore restore the backup files except reinx and the toolkit
????
Profit

CoolAlpha

Trophies
XP
Country
I managed to install some nsp file with tinfoil on the nand, goldleaf was telling me that there were no space available on the nand but I had 27GB free, anyone had the same issue?

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So, just bought an used switch and it came with firmware 4.1.0, it's from December 2017.

I have a lot of doubts, but mainly I'm concerned about the fuses thing.

I know some games ask for certain firmwares, like the recently released FF IX, so I know it won't even boot with my current firmware so I will have to update.

What's the easiest way to do so?

And what's the big deal with the fuses? I've seen posts here saying that you can still downgrade with 9 burnt fuses so...

BahumatX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lebanon
I'm reposting this but abridged cuz I didn't get an answer yet...

So quick recap: I had an unpatched Switch on OFW 6.2 running Atmosphere 0.8-->accidently upgraded to 7.0 (burned fuses)--->restored a back-up I made of OFW 6.2 using BOOT0/1 and nand---> now my switch won't boot up.

What it does do:
1. I can boot into RCM using paperclip method and inject Hekate from my PC/android phone
2. When I try to go into Atmosphere from Hekate it passes all the kip checks, Atmosphere splash comes up, Nintendo splash appears then screen goes black and nothing. I figured out that the system is not off at this point because I cannot boot into RCM from here. I have to hold the power button down for like 15 seconds to turn it off and then I can try to boot into RCM again using paperclip method.

I tried the latest releases of Atmosphere and Hekate on a fully formatted (not quick format) SD card still nothing.

I just wanna be able to use my Switch again, any help?

Thanks in advance

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So, just bought an used switch and it came with firmware 4.1.0, it's from December 2017.

I have a lot of doubts, but mainly I'm concerned about the fuses thing.

I know some games ask for certain firmwares, like the recently released FF IX, so I know it won't even boot with my current firmware so I will have to update.

What's the easiest way to do so?

And what's the big deal with the fuses? I've seen posts here saying that you can still downgrade with 9 burnt fuses so...

1) Make a nand backup, follow this guide (this will make it alot easier to downgrade/restore)
2) Update to 6.2 using choidujourNX
3) Yes it's possible, both the old way (not recommended/harder) and the restore method (quicker and easier, requires full dumps listed in guide with point 1)

Reactions: natkoden

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
1) Make a nand backup, follow this guide (this will make it alot easier to downgrade/restore)
2) Update to 6.2 using choidujourNX
3) Yes it's possible, both the old way (not recommended/harder) and the restore method (quicker and easier, requires full dumps listed in guide with point 1)

I see... Thanks for the answer. The switch is a delicate piece of hardware lol

What's the best way to extract system updates from an XCI file?

I tried several software but they fail, invalid header, invalid keys, etc.

EDIT: nevermind, found a better way to get the update files.

Last edited by natkoden,

JustKasto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!
Best software to format the sd card? (i've just dumped the nands files on a exfat sd card and want to format it on fat32)
Ty!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to install some nsp file with tinfoil on the nand, goldleaf was telling me that there were no space available on the nand but I had 27GB free, anyone had the same issue?
Only thing I can say is Goldleaf is a bit buggy and less reliable than OG Tinfoil (I'm not referring to the other Tinfoil on the appstore which was renamed from DZ)

I'm reposting this but abridged cuz I didn't get an answer yet...

So quick recap: I had an unpatched Switch on OFW 6.2 running Atmosphere 0.8-->accidently upgraded to 7.0 (burned fuses)--->restored a back-up I made of OFW 6.2 using BOOT0/1 and nand---> now my switch won't boot up.

What it does do:
1. I can boot into RCM using paperclip method and inject Hekate from my PC/android phone
2. When I try to go into Atmosphere from Hekate it passes all the kip checks, Atmosphere splash comes up, Nintendo splash appears then screen goes black and nothing. I figured out that the system is not off at this point because I cannot boot into RCM from here. I have to hold the power button down for like 15 seconds to turn it off and then I can try to boot into RCM again using paperclip method.

I tried the latest releases of Atmosphere and Hekate on a fully formatted (not quick format) SD card still nothing.

I just wanna be able to use my Switch again, any help?

Thanks in advance
Try ReiNX with your SD card formatted as FAT32.

codeluca

Trophies
Website
www.lucacesarano.tk
XP
Country
Italy
Guys. Found a great deal on a modded Switch with chip rcmx86 + atmosphere on version 6.2 with no emunand installed. If I buy it, Can I install the emunand and use the sysnand for online games and emunand for offline ones like the N3DS?

BahumatX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lebanon
Only thing I can say is Goldleaf is a bit buggy and less reliable than OG Tinfoil (I'm not referring to the other Tinfoil on the appstore which was renamed from DZ)

Try ReiNX with your SD card formatted as FAT32.

I took your advice, dug up an old 4GB SD, formatted to FAT32 and put ReiNX on it, inject the reinx payload and that worked! Found out that my old backup was on 6.1 not 6.2, thats why it wasn't working with my exfat SD.

Interestingly also, I injected reinx without the sd card in, it gave me an error that there was no SD, press power to power down or volume to continue without SD, I pressed the volume button for kicks and it booted into OFW!! WTF

From full power off, it won't boot up if I just press the power button. but if i boot into reinx from RCM without an sd it goes into the OFW and with the SD it does go into CFW. WTF is wrong with my switch?

Anyway, I'm gonna choidujournx to 6.2 so i can use exfat and get all my games back.

Thanks so much for the help!

Reactions: Draxzelex

BahumatX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lebanon
When I updated my 6.2 to 7.0 (here I saved a backup of my BotW save to the cloud) then restored my Nand of 6.1 and used Choudjour to get to 6.2 but I lost my BotW save. I'm on FW 6.2 running ReiNX, is there anyway to get my save backups off the cloud without updating to 7.0? Or if I update to 7.0 and get my save backup off the cloud, is there any way for me to save it to my SD so I can have it on my 6.2 fw?

orealis

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
how do I block nintendo from my switch so I can "go online".. not for games but like youtube.. and run the ftp daemon on the switch so I don't need to move files by moving the SD card and such..?

thecrunked

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anything different that needs to be done in order to get kosmos working on 6.2.0. I'm on 6.0.1 now with kosmos. can i just update (via choidujour) and load hekate 4.6 and boot into kosmos as usual?

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
When I updated my 6.2 to 7.0 (here I saved a backup of my BotW save to the cloud) then restored my Nand of 6.1 and used Choudjour to get to 6.2 but I lost my BotW save. I'm on FW 6.2 running ReiNX, is there anyway to get my save backups off the cloud without updating to 7.0? Or if I update to 7.0 and get my save backup off the cloud, is there any way for me to save it to my SD so I can have it on my 6.2 fw?
checkpoint

how do I block nintendo from my switch so I can "go online".. not for games but like youtube.. and run the ftp daemon on the switch so I don't need to move files by moving the SD card and such..?
90dns

anything different that needs to be done in order to get kosmos working on 6.2.0. I'm on 6.0.1 now with kosmos. can i just update (via choidujour) and load hekate 4.6 and boot into kosmos as usual?
update kosmos to latest version

Reactions: BahumatX

zachkeep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where should i buy a payload injector and should i even get one? im gonna buy an rcm jig but if im getting a injector i want to get one that comes with it. I ordered one on ali but it looks like the seller isnt going to ship it so here i am.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: