Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would like to ask question about ban. Got my switch recently and try if is hackable. Turn out was from the patched ones. Waiting for cfw support if any for couple of years is no go. So decided to went legal and entirely digital. But to test it i already have enter rcm and send the payload (yeah no luck). My question is will i risk ban and basicly get a very nice brick?
Nope.

Is there a bt stack for switch which would allow me to connect a ds4 to it with homebrew without buying any dongle or is there a way to let me connect a ds4 to the switch through wire with homebrew?
Also nope.

Does Goldleaf have network install? I've installed the NSP and cant see any option for it anywhere.
Another nope but I believe Fluffy has network install for Goldleaf.

so what i should or shouldnt do to avoid burning fuse?

also, is there a way to update to 6.2 and not 7?
ChoiDujourNX can update you to 6.2 without burning fuses by enabling AutoRCM.

First post and switch noob aswell.

I had a cousin who installed custom firmware for me awhile back. but recently the nsp's/xci (for about a month now) Ive tried to install either say Im to low a firmware version or install and don't show up in the game menu after installed

Ive got plenty of space over 60 gigs and even deleted stuff to make room just in case.

Hoping someone here could point me in the right direction to get games to install again.

Switch firmware says 6.1.0 reinx
If your firmware is too low, then your firmware is too low.

is there a way to record my gameplay to an external hard drive?
i dont mean 30 second, but lets say 20 minutes or so
And a final nope.

nswuser007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello my switch is now on 7.0 OFW because my son plays fortnite on the switch. i guess that was a mistake because he could play on the ps4 just as well and with it not being modded
in any case can someone tell me if i am screwed now and 7.0 is not supported by cfx or SX OS?

thanks! :( bummer i may have just made my switch useless other than fortnite now

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello my switch is now on 7.0 OFW because my son plays fortnite on the switch. i guess that was a mistake because he could play on the ps4 just as well and with it not being modded
in any case can someone tell me if i am screwed now and 7.0 is not supported by cfx or SX OS?

thanks! :( bummer i may have just made my switch useless other than fortnite now
Just wait for CFW to support 7.0.0. If you can't wait a few days or weeks, you can easily downgrade if you have an older NAND backup. If you don't have a NAND backup, you can still downgrade if you want to put in some relatively complicated work.

nswuser007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was running EMUNAND sx os so i suppose for that to have been happening I would think what you are saying is possible to go back to? without that much hassle I will just try to wait I suppose. thanks so much for responding!

nswuser007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if i was running emunand and that means i Have a backup of my NAND can you tell me how i can downgrade to try to do that? would be awesome to see how this is done and whats involved

thanks.. i know i made a backup before doing emunand so I gota have it
whether its on the SD card or on a folder on a hdd
its here somehwer ejust need to know what to look for and then what to do when i locate teh folder :))

daijobu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How risky is it to install NSP DLC files for a legit game I bought? The DLCs cost more than the game itself and I really don't want to buy them, but also don't want to risk getting banned (haven't been banned yet since hacking my switch last july).

DoobyDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
New Switch owner, just got a hackable Switch on 6.0.1 and trying to get everything setup.

I can't format my 128GB card as FAT32 on Windows and inserting it into the Switch asks for an update (the exFAT update?)
Will this also update to latest firmware and burn fuses or is it just the exFAT update (and so safe to do?)

I'm stuck not being able to make a NAND backup as I can't format the card to FAT32, I'm not sure if it's safe to let the Switch do the exFAT update, and I assume doing a NAND backup via Hekate would fail as the Switch can't read the card?

Also don't think I can use ChoiDujourNX for the same reason (Switch wouldn't read the card without the update?)

I'm not sure what to do next - any help appreciated.

Last edited by DoobyDude,

p3el05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tokelau
New Switch owner, just got a hackable Switch on 6.0.1 and trying to get everything setup.

I can't format my 128GB card as FAT32 on Windows and inserting it into the Switch asks for an update (the exFAT update?)
Will this also update to latest firmware and burn fuses or is it just the exFAT update (and so safe to do?)

I'm stuck not being able to make a NAND backup as I can't format the card to FAT32, I'm not sure if it's safe to let the Switch do the exFAT update, and I assume doing a NAND backup via Hekate would fail as the Switch can't read the card?

Also don't think I can use ChoiDujourNX for the same reason (Switch wouldn't read the card without the update?)

I'm not sure what to do next - any help appreciated.
Use guiformat to format as fat32 (it's available here if you search these forums)

DoobyDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Use guiformat to format as fat32 (it's available here if you search these forums)
Yeah I've tried - as I said it doesn't work.

My card readers are pretty old and I think that might be the issue, I've tried guiformat, SD Formatter 4 and HDDLowLevelFormat and they all recognise the card, report the correct size etc but give an error when trying to start the format.

If I can get confirmation that letting the Switch update for the sd card won't also update the FW to 7.0 I think I'd be good to go?

Last edited by DoobyDude,

p3el05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tokelau

DoobyDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have you tried formatting in the switch
Did you even read my post dude? LOL!
When I insert the card into the Switch it prompts me to update (the exFAT update) and I don't want to blindly do that as I'm not sure if that will also update the OFW to 7.0 and burn fuses - that's why I'm asking if anyone knows?

Kubez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I wanted to change my sad card to fat32 cause I heard exfat screws up if you use homebrew, and obviously I don’t want that to happen. I just wanna know, will switching to fat32 make me lose all my games? I have a lot of games and I want to still play them, is there any way I can back them up or something???

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I wanted to change my sad card to fat32 cause I heard exfat screws up if you use homebrew, and obviously I don’t want that to happen. I just wanna know, will switching to fat32 make me lose all my games? I have a lot of games and I want to still play them, is there any way I can back them up or something???
If you backup the contents of your SD card before reformatting it, then you won't lose anything. However, if you aren't having any issues, there's no reason to switch to FAT32. Most of us use exFAT.

p3el05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tokelau
When I insert the card into the Switch it prompts me to update (the exFAT update) and I don't want to blindly do that as I'm not sure if that will also update the OFW to 7.0 and burn fuses - that's why I'm asking if anyone knows?
OK, I'd have thought it's still possible to format as fat32 without updating to support exfat .. First thing to do is check your sd card to ensure its not 's fake.. good luck

Last edited by p3el05,
Reactions: DoobyDude

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.