Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

GATWYAY3.2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just curious but prob not, is there a way to uninstall/delete an update or DLC without removing the installed game itself ? no right data manager just deletes everything ill have to reinstall the game ?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just curious but prob not, is there a way to uninstall/delete an update or DLC without removing the installed game itself ? no right data manager just deletes everything ill have to reinstall the game ?
Either DZfoil or Goldleaf may have that type of functionality but don't quote me on that.

Reactions: GATWYAY3.2

aFrenchGeek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Reallly ??? ChoixduJourNX does not support 6.2 ? I saw tons of tutorials claiming so ???

So ur saying that you can only update to 6.2 with official Nintendo servers ?

theaddi51

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mongolia
Tried installing the patches and reinstalled the game after deleting it but the same error appears. I noticed that tinfoil says "Ticket installation failed" but keeps installing the game. On certain games a window opens when I try to start them saying "Checking if this software can be used" and after that it wants to connect to the Internet. Any further ideas?

Last edited by theaddi51,

xtremegamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Figure it's always better to ask here than make a new thread: is there a status update on XCI loading off SD/USB for any of the (free) cfw?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried installing the patches and reinstalled the game after deleting it but the same error appears. I noticed that tinfoil says "Ticket installation failed" but keeps installing the game. On certain games a window opens when I try to start them saying "Checking if this software can be used" and after that it wants to connect to the Internet. Any further ideas?
I'd recommend formatting the SD card to FAT32. Its better than exFAT in terms of corruption (exFAT can corrupt while FAT32 will not). Since you will most likely back everything on your SD card by putting it on your computer, MacOS will apply the archive flag to all of your files and folders when you transfer it back. This is not that big of an issue as Hekate can deal with this. Simply use the fix SD files attributes option in Hekate after you reformat to FAT32 and put all of your files back on the SD card. If the issue still persists, its possible the updates you are installing aren't matching the region of the base game AKA the title ID. If that is the case, then you will need to locate updates that match the base game's region AKA the title ID.

Figure it's always better to ask here than make a new thread: is there a status update on XCI loading off SD/USB for any of the (free) cfw?
ReiNX is working on it but no progress to report on yet.

LOL - I'll convert to a .nsp if it get's rid of the annoying intro video. How you do it with a .nsp?
Never tried it myself so not even sure if it will work but you can rebuild a .NSP file with either hacBrewPack or hacPack (I prefer hacBrewPack since it requires less .NCA files to rebuild the .NSP file). The logo in the program .NCA file is the one you're going to be replacing. I don't know what file or format it normally uses so you'll have to dump one yourself to check. The logo is stored in section 2 of the program .NCA file. Once you figure out what the logo is supposed to look and be formatted like, make one yourself and extract all of the other parts necessary for usage with either hacBrewPack or hacPack.

MikeTheKnight2016

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never tried it myself so not even sure if it will work but you can rebuild a .NSP file with either hacBrewPack or hacPack (I prefer hacBrewPack since it requires less .NCA files to rebuild the .NSP file). The logo in the program .NCA file is the one you're going to be replacing. I don't know what file or format it normally uses so you'll have to dump one yourself to check. The logo is stored in section 2 of the program .NCA file. Once you figure out what the logo is supposed to look and be formatted like, make one yourself and extract all of the other parts necessary for usage with either hacBrewPack or hacPack.

Looking at hacBrewPack - this is command line tool? I downloaded the GitHub project and extracted it to my PC - trying to find the documents on how to do it...

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking at hacBrewPack - this is command line tool? I downloaded the GitHub project and extracted it to my PC - trying to find the documents on how to do it...
Yes, its a command line tool. I forgot to mention that hacPack also has a GUI equivalent for those not used to command line tools but I should remind you that rebuilding .NSP files with hacPack requires more .NCA files than hacBrewPack.

MikeTheKnight2016

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, its a command line tool. I forgot to mention that hacPack also has a GUI equivalent for those not used to command line tools but I should remind you that rebuilding .NSP files with hacPack requires more .NCA files than hacBrewPack.

For a noob like myself...I'd like a GUI - what's the app called that has the GUI?

aFrenchGeek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The thing i don't get it is :

How can you update to 6.2 using ChoixdujourNX and play online with legitimate games without anyproble while you're running your NSP in CFW SD emunand, if you have to put your console FIRST in CFW to launch ChoixduJourNX after backing up your nand ??? After using ChoixduJour and your custom firmware, your Nand has trace of it, so to me it's not safe to use OFW to play online even with legitimate games....

We agree on the fact that i have to be on 6.2 firmware before making my SD Emunand right ?

Last edited by aFrenchGeek,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just did a fresh download and fresh unzip and same error when I launch visual studio and click run
Might be a problem specific to your computer? If you really want to use the GUI, then you can post in the hacPack thread about your issue. Otherwise the command line versions of both hacPack and hacBrewPack run perfectly fine.
The thing i don't get it is :

How can you update to 6.2 using ChoixdujourNX and play online with legitimate games without anyproble while you're running your NSP in CFW, if you have to put your console FIRST in CFW to launch ChoixduJourNX after backing up your nand ??? After using ChoixduJour and your custom firmware, your Nand has trace of it, so to me it's not safe to use OFW to play online even with legitimate games....

We agree on the fact that i have to be on 6.2 firmware before making my SD Emunand right ?
You don't have to be on 6.2 before installing EmuNAND.

aFrenchGeek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh ok so :

1. i can set up an Emunand right now with my 6.1 hacked Switch using SX OS
  2. Restore my clean Nand
  3. Relaunch SXOS
  4. Use choixdujourNX to be on 6.2
  5. and then i can go online with legitimate games without anyproblem and use SD EmuNand for backups ?
I'm just looking for a tutorial that explains to me how can i update my 6.1 hacked Switch and play online without any risk of bans using SDEmunand and be on 6.2 firmware and without burning fuses

Good ?

Last edited by aFrenchGeek,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh ok so :

1. i can set up an Emunand right now with my 6.1 hacked Switch using SX OS
  2. Restore my clean Nand
  3. Relaunch SXOS
  4. Use choixdujourNX to be on 6.2
  5. and then i can go online with legitimate games without anyproblem and use SD EmuNand for backups ?
I'm just looking for a tutorial that explains to me how can i update my 6.1 hacked Switch and play online without any risk of bans using SDEmunand

Good ?
Well if your current firmware doesn't match the firmware of your NAND backup, then you would need to restore boot0/boot1 as well which are also firmware-specific which would wipe out the part of EmuNAND that gets installed into boot1. If it does match, then you can get away with just restoring the eMMC raw GPP AKA the rawnand.bin. However if you currently have AutoRCM enabled, then your console won't be able to boot normally once you restore your NAND because AutoRCM is installed into boot0. If you don't have AutoRCM right now, then your console will just boot into OFW once you restore the NAND.

If you don't remember what firmware your NAND backup was running, you can check it with this tool.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not sure if that or RC Pro AM was my favorite NES racing game... hmmmm
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I loved the rc pro am games
    @SylverReZ, RC Pro AM was made by Rare, and that explains why I liked it. Just learned the other day about a game I loved that was made by Rare and I was surprised lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was playing need for speed remastered and said to myself this is a nice Forza remaster
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_developed_by_Rare Not all of them are awesome but man the hits on that list.
    Oh snap Super Offroad was by them too? lol damn
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Today I learned that the creators of the Donkey Kong games also made Sea of Thieves
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why do i feel the sudden urge to start singing pirate's scorn from the donkey kong country cartoon?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you being for real, cause that's hard to believe, DK is Nintendo and made in japan, Sea of thieves was from Microsoft, in America. I'm not calling you a liar, just didn't know.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok yes they were both made by Rare, but DK was from Rare back then, Rare now is owned by MS. So makes since.
    +1
    They even developed a LJN game.... lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was pretty rare
    I wonder what deal with Satan LJN worked to get Rare to make that one...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember couple years ago, they announced they were working on a Perfect Dark remake, wonder what ever happen with that?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It went into the darkness
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and buddies used to play the hell out of Perfect Dark on N64, that and Goldeneye, was the first real PvP shooter games I remember
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    4-way split screen on a tiny 19" TV, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you share joysticks also
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh we had the 4 controller add on thingy for n64. Duh I just got your joke, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So you touched ends
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, but being in the boy scouts, they forced us to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chopped down some wood for the scout master
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Big Gay Al was our Scout leader.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Big Gay Al was our Scout leader.