Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Nerov4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,
i have a problem after getting errors within zerotwoxci with my switch, basically the games give me a "corrupted data error" which i dont get in custom firmware
what to do ?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've looked into ChoiDujourNX a few months ago to do this update so I could play Mario party but ran into the issue of not being able to install it on SX OS. Tried to install ReiNX and atmosphere but I am having issues figuring out how to do the dual boot process using the SX OS payload injector. Also ran into the issue of not being able to find a OS update on XBins
SX OS used to be unable to run ChoiDujourNX, but as of version 2.0, it now properly supports the homebrew application so the latest should also be able to launch it. As for the firmware files, they are hosted on Xbins' FTP server. Their site has complete instructions on how to connect to it.
Hi,
i have a problem after getting errors within zerotwoxci with my switch, basically the games give me a "corrupted data error" which i dont get in custom firmware
what to do ?
If you're trying to launch them in OFW, that is to be expected. They will only launch in CFW.

Reactions: Ashmore and Nerov4

Ashmore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SX OS used to be unable to run ChoiDujourNX, but as of version 2.0, it now properly supports the homebrew application so the latest should also be able to launch it. As for the firmware files, they are hosted on Xbins' FTP server. Their site has complete instructions on how to connect to it.
If you're trying to launch them in OFW, that is to be expected. They will only launch in CFW.
Yeah, I just got to where I could download I think. I got 6.2.0-1.0 downloaded but I wasn't sure if that's the best one to get and I'm now having issues downloading 5.1.0

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I just updated my permabanned Switch via Choir to the latest FW and accidentally chose the non-exfat installation. Now my Switch seems unable to read the microsd card. Is there a way to add the exfat support again, since I cannot update the regular way? :(

Think you can just rerun the firmware installation via ChoidujourNX, but first you need to run the switch on FAT32 first.

Reactions: Gateau

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
?'s I have my unmodded Switch still on 6.1 any benefits to hack from that firmware or doesn't make a difference updating to OFW and choosing to hack it later with CFW on 6.2 or a later firmware being that it is not patched

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
?'s I have my unmodded Switch still on 6.1 any benefits to hack from that firmware or doesn't make a difference updating to OFW and choosing to hack it later with CFW on 6.2 or a later firmware being that it is not patched

Depends if that specific firmware has CFW support or not, 6.2 took a while to have CFW.

3DS4FUN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t live near there.

I gave you the best option and worked for me yesterday the same day I decided I wanted one.

Contact the seller - I would just cut and paste this as it worked for me: "Care to share the first 8 characters of the serial or can you confirm if it's: XAW1007800X and below or XAW4001100X and below or XAW7001780X and below. Thank You!" (I got a lot of people to respond and found 4 that would work. Two were $300 and new and 2 were bundles for $450. I didn't ask everyone I limited to people who had taken actual pictures of the switches)

Last edited by 3DS4FUN,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Bunch of questions if someone could help me :) :

- Once I hack the switch, can I still use the games I bought on eshop? (if not, can I use the save I had?)

- This may seem like a basic question, but should I avoid all kinds of updates from any roms?

- What does it mean if my switch gets banned? I don't get to use it anymore or I just can't access wifi, eshop and all that stuff?

-yes (eshop games will still work unless they are deletes or something. Saves will still work across the board)

-yes

-Can't access eshop and Switch online services (online play and such), but there are ways to play with other hacked players and local still works

All firmwares for the FG vulnerable switches work with CFW. I'ld just update to 6.2 then choose cfw

Reactions: Squalexy

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends if that specific firmware has CFW support or not, 6.2 took a while to have CFW.

I thought since the hardware had the exploit it didn't matter because you're able to boot before the fw (isn't this kind of like how the original xbox worked?)

were they not able to do a dual boot? I haven't really pay attention to what's been going on with all this

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I thought since the hardware had the exploit it didn't matter because you're able to boot before the fw (isn't this kind of like how the original xbox worked?)

were they not able to do a dual boot? I haven't really pay attention to what's been going on with all this

Yeah firmware doesn't matter as long as you have the hardware exploit

Reactions: Teletron1

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Booting into that firmware not having the key to convert games from XCI to NSP make it pretty much useless, 6.2.0 update took like 2-3 weeks before CFW was really release to the public, took SX OS longer to get their CFW to work than Atmosphere and ReiNX.

3DS4FUN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does the SX Pro leave behind on the switch after booting to ofw with a new sd card that would cause a ban? I would like to use it but then change to official firmware and cartridges for online play. Still waiting for my brand new switch and sx pro to arrive.

Last edited by 3DS4FUN,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does the SX Pro leave behind on the switch after booting to ofw with a new sd card that would cause a ban? I would like to use it but then change to official firmware and cartridges for online play. Still waiting for my brand new switch and sx pro to arrive.

Has to do with Nintendo way of detecting if a game was legally bought or not, that why CDN no longer works, that part of the reason people console's was getting ban.

3DS4FUN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has to do with Nintendo way of detecting if a game was legally bought or not, that why CDN no longer works, that part of the reason people console's was getting ban.

Thanks, But I was asking about being on official firmware and using an official game cartridge. I just happened to find this at the top of this group that explains it for me - https://gbatemp.net/threads/sx-emunand-is-not-real-emunand.518897/ - It basically says that the emunand is installed onto the system nand and is not running off of a sd card.

Xana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

A really gross oversimplification of what happened on 6.2: While we have arbitrary code execution from boot, there's still a crypto chip that runs a signed firmware and generates its own key material that there's no public exploit for. Nintendo used that fact to hide a key in a part of that chip's firmware that's encrypted with a key that only the chip knows. The encrypted key was used to encrypt the part of the Switch's firmware that sets up keys for the rest of the system (including new keys), and the chip refuses to decrypt that code if it detects that the system is running in an 'unsafe' state (i.e. has been exploited by FG).

CFW ultimately bypassed that by using a CPU feature to trick the chip into thinking much of the system was still uninitialized.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.