Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah firmware doesn't matter as long as you have the hardware exploit

that's what I wanted to confirm thank you, do you know what's the best tutorial? it seems like there is not one that explains them all and which different path to take

I kind of get the sense that sx/os has been misleading with the dual boot system, does this allow to run both cfw and ofw with the ability to go on N's network as long as nothing gets installed on the system's memory?

Thank you

3DS4FUN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SXOS have 3 versions of emunand. the one you just mentioned is the original one they had

ok thanks, so the info is out dated? Just trying to figure for future time what would be the best way to go from sx pro and back to ofw. Best way to avoid a ban when going back.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
that's what I wanted to confirm thank you, do you know what's the best tutorial? it seems like there is not one that explains them all and which different path to take

I kind of get the sense that sx/os has been misleading with the dual boot system, does this allow to run both cfw and ofw with the ability to go on N's network as long as nothing gets installed on the system's memory?

Thank you

ReiNX Guide - Guide
Atmosphere Guide (kosmos) - Guide

SXOS have 3 different emunands with the most recent version (sd card emunand) describing what you want. I haven't used it however so I can't recommend it.

ok thanks, so the info is out dated? Just trying to figure for future time what would be the best way to go from sx pro and back to ofw. Best way to avoid a ban when going back.

See above comment about emunand. The best way I know of would be to do a clean nand backup before you hack your switch then restore it after you have finished hacking it before going online.

Reactions: Teletron1

coffinbirth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A couple questions; First, can I update via choi normally? Meaning, it burns fuses like updating officially would. I don't care about downgrading, I've just heard of people having certain mismatch issues, and I want to avoid all of that. Second, I just got a new sd card, do I need to update exfat support again, or is once sufficient? If it is a per card thing, is using choi also an option? Thanks.

TWilliamson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A couple questions; First, can I update via choi normally? Meaning, it burns fuses like updating officially would. I don't care about downgrading, I've just heard of people having certain mismatch issues, and I want to avoid all of that. Second, I just got a new sd card, do I need to update exfat support again, or is once sufficient? If it is a per card thing, is using choi also an option? Thanks.
If you want to burn fuses just disable autoRCM in Choi. When you update with it, also select the exFAT option and you're good to go. It is not a per card thing.

Reactions: coffinbirth

Acidburn135

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,
I'm trying to mod my new switch. It currently is on OFW 4.1. I am using SXpro to mod the switch. However, 4.1 apparently doesn't support exFat SD card format. As soon as I boot Switch it gives me prompt to update. However, if I do this it will not only install the exFat driver, but update to latest firmware and burn fuses. I can't boot into CFW because the switch can't read the SD card. So how do I go about doing this?

TPMJB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question with n1dus. I ripped some XCI files to my SD card via WAIN cart dumper 2.0 from the homebrew store. Seems to work fine there. When I try to install the XCI with n1dus, it errors out after converting the file and says "error processing file." This happens if I try to install to NAND or SD.

Information that might be useful:
-SD card is 128gb formatted exfat
-Used ChoiDuJour to install 6.2 from firmware 4.0
-Both old and new games don't work (Smash doesn't work and neither does Zelda.

Ideas on things I could try? Micro SD card is completely fine. It's from Samsung, not from some shady seller.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,
I'm trying to mod my new switch. It currently is on OFW 4.1. I am using SXpro to mod the switch. However, 4.1 apparently doesn't support exFat SD card format. As soon as I boot Switch it gives me prompt to update. However, if I do this it will not only install the exFat driver, but update to latest firmware and burn fuses. I can't boot into CFW because the switch can't read the SD card. So how do I go about doing this?
Format the SD card to FAT32. FAT32 is objectively better than exFAT anyways. The only reason for exFAT is that you cannot restore a split NAND so you need exFAT to restore the rawnand. FAT32 has ways of bypassing the 4GB limit on all other types of files as well as not risking any corruption unlike exFAT.

Can Kosmos updater also update sx os as well?
Kosmos updater is an updater for Kosmos. Besides, SX OS has their own updater.
I have a question with n1dus. I ripped some XCI files to my SD card via WAIN cart dumper 2.0 from the homebrew store. Seems to work fine there. When I try to install the XCI with n1dus, it errors out after converting the file and says "error processing file." This happens if I try to install to NAND or SD.

Information that might be useful:
-SD card is 128gb formatted exfat
-Used ChoiDuJour to install 6.2 from firmware 4.0
-Both old and new games don't work (Smash doesn't work and neither does Zelda.

Ideas on things I could try? Micro SD card is completely fine. It's from Samsung, not from some shady seller.
For starters, have you ever been able to successfully install any .XCI files? If not, then it may be an issue with your SD card. Testing if its fake can save you a lot of pain and headache down the road as there are really no other explanations for it to be unable to be installed. If you want to rule out its not the SD card, you can try another .XCI installer such as zerotwoxci or converting the .XCI files to .NSP format with 4NXCI or xci2nsp.

If you have, try downgrading your firmware. I don't believe n1dus works on firmware 6.2 so try on a lower firmware.

Reactions: ZanderX420

Acidburn135

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Format the SD card to FAT32. FAT32 is objectively better than exFAT anyways. The only reason for exFAT is that you cannot restore a split NAND so you need exFAT to restore the rawnand. FAT32 has ways of bypassing the 4GB limit on all other types of files as well as not risking any corruption unlike exFAT.

Kosmos updater is an updater for Kosmos. Besides, SX OS has their own updater.
For starters, have you ever been able to successfully install any .XCI files? If not, then it may be an issue with your SD card. Testing if its fake can save you a lot of pain and headache down the road as there are really no other explanations for it to be unable to be installed. If you want to rule out its not the SD card, you can try another .XCI installer such as zerotwoxci or converting the .XCI files to .NSP format with 4NXCI or xci2nsp.

If you have, try downgrading your firmware. I don't believe n1dus works on firmware 6.2 so try on a lower firmware.

How do you bypass the 4GB limit? I'm using a 256gb as card and currently I either have limited space or the card is not recognized.

Would using FAT32 to boot with choidujournx and then update that way also provide the exFat driver?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you bypass the 4GB limit? I'm using a 256gb as card and currently I either have limited space or the card is not recognized.

Would using FAT32 to boot with choidujournx and then update that way also provide the exFat driver?
It'll depend on the file you are transferring. For .XCI files, they can only be split. But for .NSP files, they can be split or installed via USB/network.

Acidburn135

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the time being I'm using exFAT.
I reformatted my sd card to FAT32 so my switch could read the contents then used choidujournx to update to most recent firmware with ExFat support.

The issue I'm wondering about now is since I used choidujournx is it being on SD card a trigger to flag ban if I go online?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where any switches banned due to skyrim modding? From what I can dig up the answer seems to be no.
While no one has been banned for modding Skyrim, that doesn't mean you won't be banned for doing so. Proceed with using hacks online with great caution.
For the time being I'm using exFAT.
I reformatted my sd card to FAT32 so my switch could read the contents then used choidujournx to update to most recent firmware with ExFat support.

The issue I'm wondering about now is since I used choidujournx is it being on SD card a trigger to flag ban if I go online?
There is no evidence to support that Nintendo scans SD card contents. They don't even check the Switch's USER partition which is where all games are installed to, whether .XCI or .NSP.

Acidburn135

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While no one has been banned for modding Skyrim, that doesn't mean you won't be banned for doing so. Proceed with using hacks online with great caution.
There is no evidence to support that Nintendo scans SD card contents. They don't even check the Switch's USER partition which is where all games are installed to, whether .XCI or .NSP.

If they don't scan SD card what is getting people banned when they go online other than using NSP pirate game copies, CFW online, and other obvious stuff?

You say they don't scan sd card, but said checkpoint would likely be detected since it's homebrew app. And if it's not sd card not sure if using choidujournx would leave something on telemetry that is uploaded when I go online

Last edited by Acidburn135,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they don't scan SD card what is getting people banned when they go online other than using NSP pirate game copies, CFW online, and other obvious stuff?

You say they don't scan sd card, but said checkpoint would likely be detected since it's homebrew app. And if it's not sd card not sure if using choidujournx would leave something on telemetry that is uploaded when I go online
Keep in mind that its only been 2 years since the Switch came out so not everything about it has been discovered or documented. Not to mention, reasons for people being banned are rarely, if ever, actually discovered. To confound matters more are when people do similar or identical actions but only some are banned not all. Thus it becomes nearly impossible to ever accurately deduce what causes people to get banned in the first place. After collecting ban data for months, I can assure you that bans are mostly random without any leading cause which makes sense since this method ensures the most amount of people get banned. By keeping the factors that get people banned randomized, it makes it impossible to devise a counter-strategy thus reducing as many people who want to hack the console but avoid getting banned.

TPMJB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe n1dus works on firmware 6.2 so try on a lower firmware.
Ah, THAT makes a lot of sense! I caught snippets of that in these forums but nobody really outright said it. I take it there's no other app that installs XCI files?

I never installed XCI files before doing 6.2.

Also, tested Micro card and it's genuine.

Edit: Also, on the topic of bans, I remember Microsoft did bans in waves with the xbox360. It turned out all people who used a specific firmware on their 360 disc drives were flagged for banning, but when we were actually banned was a mystery.

Last edited by TPMJB,

Ashmore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it safe to jump from 4.0.1 to 6.2.0-01 without any prerequisites using ChoiDujourNX or are there things I need to do first before doing the leep?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, THAT makes a lot of sense! I caught snippets of that in these forums but nobody really outright said it. I take it there's no other app that installs XCI files?

I never installed XCI files before doing 6.2.

Also, tested Micro card and it's genuine.
Unfortunately, there are no other apps that support installation of .XCI files. You may be stuck converting them to .NSP files at least until ReiNX fully implements .XCI support.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Also this song https://youtu.be/27RWx9Q6LcQ?si=c7C8YuRoIPHadiQ0