Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i was using tinfoil and it worked fine but i didn't want to end up with a $300 machine that didn't power on so i bought the jig just got it in the mail today.

Last edited by ,

eekoyy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone,

I got my nintendo switch CFWed (paid someone to do it).
When I got home I played it docked, I played Little Nightmare, I pause it for a while and it froze.
I can't unpause it but the home button is working, but the other button is not working just the home button.
I tap the power button and select power off but it doesn't turn off it just froze the screen.
I pushed the power button 12 sec and it does turned off, but it doesn't boot. I don't have a jig so I just boot it via NXloader or TegraGUI on PC.
Both doesn't work, the PC have an error of "the device is not identified and malfunctioned.

What should I do?

Thanks

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok now, I get into lakka.tv and the screen just forces me over to the right part of retroarch and i'm stuck there and yes I removed the jig. Can someone help with that?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello everyone,

I got my nintendo switch CFWed (paid someone to do it).
When I got home I played it docked, I played Little Nightmare, I pause it for a while and it froze.
I can't unpause it but the home button is working, but the other button is not working just the home button.
I tap the power button and select power off but it doesn't turn off it just froze the screen.
I pushed the power button 12 sec and it does turned off, but it doesn't boot. I don't have a jig so I just boot it via NXloader or TegraGUI on PC.
Both doesn't work, the PC have an error of "the device is not identified and malfunctioned.

What should I do?

Thanks

If they didn't give you autorcm i'm not sure what you paid them for. If you don't have autorcm you need a jig to get into rcm. You can't use any of these payloaders until you're in rcm so that won't help. You can use tinfoil, paper clip, or buy a 3d jig (or make one if you have a 3d printer) to get into rcm.

1. you got screwed on paying that person money
2. if you (or they) formatted your sdcard to EXFAT you should really reformat it to FAT32, probably the reason for the freeze. You can just copy everything off your sd card to your computer format it to FAT32 and copy everything back.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: XaneTenshi

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes its safe to follow. You should be using the tl;dr section over the spoiler because its more comprehensive. You should only refer to the spoiler section if the serial number you have is orange in the tl;dr section.

Is serial sticky there is no green or red in the following area ?
Serials beginning with XAJ1:
XAJ1003100X and above not safe to buy, possibly patched

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think it may be due to a lack of data from those serial numbers but I can't 100% confirm that.

Ok thx for the info the spreadsheet is saying no patched versions found for XAJ1 so I’m confused if u can check for me with someone who knows? before I pay that would be very kind

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thx for the info the spreadsheet is saying no patched versions found for XAJ1 so I’m confused if u can check for me with someone who knows? before I pay that would be very kind

Why are you trying to get one that may or may not be patched? Why not get one you know is not patched and save yourself the trouble of buying one for nothing. Nobody can tell you for sure if that model is patched or not that's why you're not getting a clear answer.

Even if you're getting a really good deal on it price wise it's not worth it if it's patched.

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why are you trying to get one that may or may not be patched? Why not get one you know is not patched and save yourself the trouble of buying one for nothing. Nobody can tell you for sure if that model is patched or not that's why you're not getting a clear answer.

Even if you're getting a really good deal on it price wise it's not worth it if it's patched.

I’m not I’m trying to find one that’s 100% safe I’m not sure if the XAJ1 on list is a error no green as I thought this where old model?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m not I’m trying to find one that’s 100% safe I’m not sure if the XAJ1 on list is a error no green as I thought this where old model?

Use this https://team-xecuter.com/forums/threads/154355-GUIDE-How-to-know-if-a-Switch-is-currently-unhackable-(August-2018)

Serials beginning with XAW4 and XAJ1 appear to be safe thus far. This only means we have not seen any reports yet of the exploit being patched. We should expect to see patched consoles from these assembly lines soon.

Serials beginning with XAJ4:
XAJ40052XXXXXX (and lower) - Not Patched
XAJ40053XXXXXX - Possibly patched
XAJ4006XXXXXXX (and above) - Patched

Serials beginning with XAJ7:
XAJ70043332XXX (and lower) - Not Patched
XAJ70043XXXXXX - Possibly patched
XAJ7005XXXXXXX (and above) - Patched

If that still doesn't answer your question I suggest signing up on that forum and asking on that thread. That is the makers of SXOS.

Last edited by ,

Tamamo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I am currently on FW 3.0.2. I have bought SX Pro and I'm going to play the new Pokemon, which required something like FW 5.2 or something like that. My question is, will any kind of backup be able to restore my original 3.0.2 firmware in case a warm boot option gets released or will I have to stay on the updated 5.2 forever?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am currently on FW 3.0.2. I have bought SX Pro and I'm going to play the new Pokemon, which required something like FW 5.2 or something like that. My question is, will any kind of backup be able to restore my original 3.0.2 firmware in case a warm boot option gets released or will I have to stay on the updated 5.2 forever?
If you update without burning fuses, such as using the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX, you can revert back to firmware 3.0.2 at any point since fuses primarily prevent downgrades.

Tamamo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
If you update without burning fuses, such as using the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX, you can revert back to firmware 3.0.2 at any point since fuses primarily prevent downgrades.

Sorry, I am not really into the hacker terms. What exactly do you mean by "burning fuses"?

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Use this https://team-xecuter.com/forums/threads/154355-GUIDE-How-to-know-if-a-Switch-is-currently-unhackable-(August-2018)

Serials beginning with XAW4 and XAJ1 appear to be safe thus far. This only means we have not seen any reports yet of the exploit being patched. We should expect to see patched consoles from these assembly lines soon.

Serials beginning with XAJ4:
XAJ40052XXXXXX (and lower) - Not Patched
XAJ40053XXXXXX - Possibly patched
XAJ4006XXXXXXX (and above) - Patched

Serials beginning with XAJ7:
XAJ70043332XXX (and lower) - Not Patched
XAJ70043XXXXXX - Possibly patched
XAJ7005XXXXXXX (and above) - Patched

If that still doesn't answer your question I suggest signing up on that forum and asking on that thread. That is the makers of SXOS.

Mate there no need it’s the info from the spreadsheet from here they have copy and paste so someone prob help me better here ?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That tells you exactly what you want to know. WHat else do you need to know? It tells you verbatim everything that is known about the serial numbers. You're not going to get any additional answers.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a few questions. Help would be much appreaciated.

- First is there a guide or thread I should read up on to get the lay of the land? Everything I've found so far seems a bit fragmented.
- So if I see it correctly, I just insert the jig, then run a payload via PC or dongle to launch a constum firmware (I have a launch day switch)? What custom firmwares are there? Can they load backups and/or homebrew? What can they do in general?
- Does any firmware version work? Do I have to worry about updating my switch?
- Can you (is it wise to) play online with backups?
- Can you back up and modify real savegames from the switchs real firmware?
- What precautions do I have to take to not get banned?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

- First is there a guide or thread I should read up on to get the lay of the land? Everything I've found so far seems a bit fragmented.
- So if I see it correctly, I just insert the jig, then run a payload via PC or dongle to launch a constum firmware (I have a launch day switch)? What custom firmwares are there? Can they load backups and/or homebrew? What can they do in general?

First of all you didn't say if you have a Switch yet or not. Only certain serial numbers work. Look here https://team-xecuter.com/forums/threads/154355-GUIDE-How-to-know-if-a-Switch-is-currently-unhackable-(August-2018)/page8

Any firmware will work. No backups online, if you want to not get banned it's probably best not to hack your Switch.

Edit: sorry I missed where you said you have a launch day Switch. Yes it's hackable. No need to go to that page only newer ones (since like July) aren't.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Slowking

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There's different guides for different CFW but they all use the same exploit so it all boils down to different files on your SD card. I'm assuming you're not shooting for SX OS as they have satisfactory guides on their website so I'll link you to the alternatives which are ReiNX and Atmosphere.

CFW can load backups, in .NSP or .XCI format, launch homebrew, perform game modding, etc. Its a long list with new hacks and homebrew coming out every so often that no one person can keep up with them all.

The exploit used by all CFW relies on the bootrom of the console; this bootrom is read-only meaning we nor Nintendo can patch it via a software update. In English, its a hardware exploit. Basically, firmware is no longer relevant and the vulnerability of the console depends on the Serial Number. Now while the exploit is unaffected by firmware updates, CFW can be broken but since the exploit is a coldboot, meaning we have full access to the console, devs can just patch their CFW to make it work again.

The only way to play backups you don't own online is by injecting certificates from .XCI dumps into .XCI files (its impossible to play a .NSP file you don't own online since the ticket that launches it needs to be signed by Nintendo) but this is detectable by Nintendo if the certificate doesn't match the game. For example, injecting a Super Mario Odyssey certificate into Super Mario Party can get you banned.

Yes, you will just need a save manager such as Checkpoint or EdiZon.

This thread can answer 99% of all banning-related questions you have.
First of all you didn't say if you have a Switch yet or not. Only certain serial numbers work. Look here https://team-xecuter.com/forums/threads/154355-GUIDE-How-to-know-if-a-Switch-is-currently-unhackable-(August-2018)/page8

Any firmware will work. No backups online, if you want to not get banned it's probably best not to hack your Switch.

Edit: sorry I missed where you said you have a launch day Switch. Yes it's hackable. No need to go to that page only newer ones (since like July) aren't.
You quoted the wrong person.

Reactions: Slowking

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's different guides for different CFW but they all use the same exploit so it all boils down to different files on your SD card. I'm assuming you're not shooting for SX OS as they have satisfactory guides on their website so I'll link you to the alternatives which are ReiNX and Atmosphere.

CFW can load backups, in .NSP or .XCI format, launch homebrew, perform game modding, etc. Its a long list with new hacks and homebrew coming out every so often that no one person can keep up with them all.

The exploit used by all CFW relies on the bootrom of the console; this bootrom is read-only meaning we nor Nintendo can patch it via a software update. In English, its a hardware exploit. Basically, firmware is no longer relevant and the vulnerability of the console depends on the Serial Number. Now while the exploit is unaffected by firmware updates, CFW can be broken but since the exploit is a coldboot, meaning we have full access to the console, devs can just patch their CFW to make it work again.

The only way to play backups you don't own online is by injecting certificates from .XCI dumps into .XCI files (its impossible to play a .NSP file you don't own online since the ticket that launches it needs to be signed by Nintendo) but this is detectable by Nintendo if the certificate doesn't match the game. For example, injecting a Super Mario Odyssey certificate into Super Mario Party can get you banned.

Yes, you will just need a save manager such as Checkpoint or EdiZon.

This thread can answer 99% of all banning-related questions you have.
You quoted the wrong person.

No, I didn't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Your dad still got laid +1