Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

zboubinou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would recommend using ChoiDujourNX if you wish to update to 5.1 so you can still downgrade to 4.1 if you wish to use the future exploit that doesn't involve a jig and USB cable. After that, I would recommend either using ReiNX or Atmosphere which can be found at reinx.guide or tomGER's SD files respectively. RajNX is not the most user-friendly as there are no instructions on how to customize it whatsoever.

OK thx a lot

ssssss13

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Happy 200 pages!

BTW is there any con for autoRCM in SXOS?

I don't get why people says things baout battery...In my experience you expend 30 secs max in RCM. You start with the dongle, press ''Start custom firmware '' and thats it. Or in custom firmware you are in RCM too?

Because if so, you are always in RCM if you just put your switch in built in sleep mode and no autorcm.

I just don't know if its worth to install autorcm. I have some trouble every 2-3 days (My brother and I play different games, I play XCI he plays legit game cards) and sometimes we get errors, so I have to put the SX jig every 2-3 days... Worth to autorcm then?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happy 200 pages!

BTW is there any con for autoRCM in SXOS?

I don't get why people says things baout battery...In my experience you expend 30 secs max in RCM. You start with the dongle, press ''Start custom firmware '' and thats it. Or in custom firmware you are in RCM too?

Because if so, you are always in RCM if you just put your switch in built in sleep mode and no autorcm.

I just don't know if its worth to install autorcm. I have some trouble every 2-3 days (My brother and I play different games, I play XCI he plays legit game cards) and sometimes we get errors, so I have to put the SX jig every 2-3 days... Worth to autorcm then?
The "problem" with AutoRCM is that some users try to turn off the console when its installed only to realize that the battery has been drained. This is because turning a Switch off with AutoRCM from Horizon causes it to reboot into RCM. The charge rate in RCM also becomes diminished if AutoRCM is installed meaning charging it after turning it off is not a good idea. The only way to turn a console off with AutoRCM is to power it off from RCM using either a manual shutdown or the Power Off option from Hekate. Lastly, RCM drains battery much faster than sleep mode; about 5%/hour. And what's worse is that RCM looks identical to a console in sleep mode or powered off. If your confident nobody will accidentally power on the console with AutoRCM installed or you're content with using sleep mode, then install AutoRCM.

Reactions: ssssss13

randomgbanoob123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
June 15th
.NSP files are easier to implement and have far more uses than .XCI files. For example, you can't load an update or DLC as an .XCI but you can as .NSP
Your console may avoid getting bricked however for the purposes of the RCM exploit, its likely not necessary as its only used for sending data not charging the console hence why third party docks caused "bricks".
By going online to unlink it, of course you are risking a ban with your console's certificate (which is primarily how they ban users). You also cannot unlink the account in Stealth Mode since it blocks all Nintendo traffic.

So is there no way to have .xci files and use dlc? It's not that it can't be added it just hasn't been yet?

I am really rooting for xci support as it seems easier to use in conjunction with sysnand.

>emunand 》flash to sysnand 》play online 》flash emunand put in SD and play.

Rather than uninstalling and reinstalling the games everytime.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is there no way to have .xci files and use dlc? It's not that it can't be added it just hasn't been yet?

I am really rooting for xci support as it seems easier to use in conjunction with sysnand.

>emunand 》flash to sysnand 》play online 》flash emunand put in SD and play.

Rather than uninstalling and reinstalling the games everytime.
I'd imagine if you try loading the DLC as a .XCI file, it'll ask you to insert the cartridge since the DLC is add-on content for a game, not the full game itself. This is why free CFWs began supporting .NSP over .XCI; it was the similar case with the 3DS where there was never any .3DS support since .CIA did everything .3DS could and better. I also highly doubt TX will be able to come up with a work-around for using updates and DLC as .XCI files so there's really no reason to get so attached over .XCI. About the only advantage they offer is drag-and-drop which offers zero functional benefits over the .NSP format. Lastly, even with .XCI not being physically installed into your console, you still retain logs of playing a game you don't own on the system.

Last edited by Draxzelex,

randomgbanoob123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd imagine if you try loading the DLC as a .XCI file, it'll ask you to insert the cartridge since the DLC is add-on content for a game, not the full game itself. This is why free CFWs began supporting .NSP over .XCI; it was the similar case with the 3DS where there was never any .3DS support since .CIA did everything .3DS could and better. I also highly doubt TX will be able to come up with a work-around for using updates and DLC as .XCI files so there's really no reason to get so attached over .XCI. About the only advantage they offer is drag-and-drop which offers zero functional benefits over the .NSP format. Lastly, even with .XCI not being physically installed into your console, you still retain logs of playing a game you don't own on the system.

Right but it's similar to a cart in that you could have potentially bought this game since it isn't as traceable as .nsp files that you obviously haven't bought since it's not on your Nintendo account... right?

Edit: that was worded poorly, what I meant was that since it doesn't have title keys it's a potentially used game cart? But this is really a moot point since to clear the cfw traces you'd need to clear game traces anyways and restoring a sysnand does that anyways

Last edited by randomgbanoob123,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right but it's similar to a cart in that you could have potentially bought this game since it isn't as traceable as .nsp files that you obviously haven't bought since it's not on your Nintendo account... right?

Edit: that was worded poorly, what I meant was that since it doesn't have title keys it's a potentially used game cart? But this is really a moot point since to clear the cfw traces you'd need to clear game traces anyways and restoring a sysnand does that anyways
Exactly, a NAND clear would wipe traces of both .XCI and .NSP usage so the difference becomes negligible when it comes to avoiding a ban that way.

ssssss13

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Exactly, a NAND clear would wipe traces of both .XCI and .NSP usage so the difference becomes negligible when it comes to avoiding a ban that way.
Do nsp with SXOS installed games or updates work on OFW? I know that XCI wont work without CFW, but the other option¿?

aldamienp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Well, now that Nintendo officially pushes firmware 6.0 (Nintendo Direct just ended), should we who are about hacking our console wait for a newer version of SX OS that's fully compatible with the new firmware? :huh:

DisturbedAle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download the update in .NSP format from your illegal website of choice, put it on your SD card, then install it using either TX's title installer or the homebrew, Tinfoil.

Is there anyway to use SX OS to install them? Is it detectable? (to our knowledge today)

Also, if I use an xci file, along with SX OS, is it safe to just update from eShop?

Last edited by DisturbedAle,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to use SX OS to install them? Is it detectable? (to our knowledge today)

Also, if I use an xci file, along with SX OS, is it safe to just update from eShop?
SX OS has their own title installer however it has been known to corrupt games so I recommend the homebrew, Tinfoil, over it. Also it is detectable but very few people have been banned for installing .NSP files alone. And several people were banned for updating their .XCI files so it is most certainly not safe; connecting a hacked console online always carries an inherent risk of getting banned and piracy usually increases those chances.

Reactions: DisturbedAle

SaNcHo_777

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hello Guys,
i have searched the forum, but could not find an answer that made me feel safe.

I own the SX OS license (but no PRO dongle) and currently i am only injecting payloads over my laptop.
Since i am going travelling i wanted to buy a payload injector / dongle to do that on the road.
Unfortunately the SX Gear will not ship to my location in time before my holiday.

Can i buy any alternative Dongle / Payload Injector i find on the market to inject the payload for SX OS?
I live in China so cheap alternative dongles are easy to come by.
Or would i risk anything by not using the SX Gear?

Thanks in advance

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question, is tinfoil better than the ox os nsp installer? if it is, can I just install the tinfoil nsp with the ox installer or are there any other files I need to make tinfoil work? Appreciate any advice!

cattivik66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't have any Nintendo Account linked to my switch local accounts. When I start the game Next Up Hero the Switch asks me that the game requires a Nintendo Account (even if it can be played offline).

How can I manage that? (without linking a Nintendo Account... perhaps a change to the NSP to remove this requirement?).

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't have any Nintendo Account linked to my switch local accounts. When I start the game Next Up Hero the Switch asks me that the game requires a Nintendo Account (even if it can be played offline).

How can I manage that? (without linking a Nintendo Account... perhaps a change to the NSP to remove this requirement?).
That's an interesting point. Is it better to have a linked account on a hacked switch even if you don't plan on going online? I'm waiting for my sx os pro which is supposed to arrive tomorrow but would it make sense to make a linked account before i start using it?

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Guys,
i have searched the forum, but could not find an answer that made me feel safe.

I own the SX OS license (but no PRO dongle) and currently i am only injecting payloads over my laptop.
Since i am going travelling i wanted to buy a payload injector / dongle to do that on the road.
Unfortunately the SX Gear will not ship to my location in time before my holiday.

Can i buy any alternative Dongle / Payload Injector i find on the market to inject the payload for SX OS?
I live in China so cheap alternative dongles are easy to come by.
Or would i risk anything by not using the SX Gear?

Thanks in advance

You live in China so there are many alternatives which should get to you quickly, have a look on youtube there's some reviews. Most are larger than the sxgear but much cheaper and work the same. They come with files which you flash to the dongle for each different cfw, so check there is one for sxos if you so choose.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Quick question, is tinfoil better than the ox os nsp installer? if it is, can I just install the tinfoil nsp with the ox installer or are there any other files I need to make tinfoil work? Appreciate any advice!

SXOS fanboys will argue the case, but SXOS does seem to cause corruption with the installed nsp (even though the game still plays fine). So safer bet is tinfoil imo, I would run it from the tinfoil.nro homebrew as it the "cleanest" way, if you use sxos to install tinfoil it defeats the purpose surely.

ZS3NIDDQD

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
So my SX PRO has just arrived, and I plan to play backups on my switch. I have a "safe to hack" serial: XAJ4000 ... and I'm on 5.1.0 FW.

So how do I start? Do I need to backup my NAND first then update to 6.0.0? Is that even necessary to update? I have my nintendo account linked, do I need to unlink it? (I read some of the news that said it will be unlinkable after this update).

What's the "safest" method to remain unbanned as far as we know? Don't go online, only update via nsps? Any tips and tricks would be appriciated.

Thanks.

Snowify

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Anybody can help me, too?

I have now a Switch with 5.1.0 Firmware - SX Pro Dongle with Licence

I already have Flightmode on, have no Account with my Nintendo Linked.
i wanna Stay on 5.1.0 Firmware and don't Update to 6.0.0

is it better to Link a Nintendo Account and then to the SX Pro ?

Anyway i need to do the NaND Backup...

Maybe somebody can help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My friends decide what I do with my cock +1