Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

enrick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
SX os burns your fuses. So if your planning on using it, there's really no point in doing that upgrade method
thank you, helped even your advice , then if i'm going to install sx os is better to update to the latest version , and if i want to have backup better to do that steps before sx os and and before update .

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
thank you, helped even your advice , then if i'm going to install sx os is better to update to the latest version , and if i want to have backup better to do that steps before sx os and and before update .
The problem here is that if you use the method which I linked you before, SX OS will still burn the fuses. So if you update now, you can't go back anymore. Team Xecuter already confirmed that they are working on it and will fix this in a future update.

Neath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey there!

My question is how can I get involved with the modding/hacking scene. It's something that has always interested me, and I'd love to create homebrew and other applications as a hobby. I don't know where to start. I do have an IT background but it doesn't touch on the coding too much - general java/python knowledge.

HoTsHoTz79

GIC-Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Currently on 4.1 and going to update soon.

Anything I should do before I hit the button when I get home tonight and start running LayeredFS?

FYI: LayeredFS works on 4.1 on as well
Incase you dont want to update your firmware and want to stay on 4.1, see below;

Watch this video first
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=207&v=oiE8Luc0c9E

Read the description as well on what you need... THEN

Follow this post (thread) on how to make LayeredFS work on 4.1.0;
https://gbatemp.net/threads/atmosphere-layeredfs.507653/#post-8059224

once you follow that thread, you will have the patched kernel file... which you need to replace with what you got earlier

Reactions: skypirate123

skypirate123

Trophies
XP
Country
FYI: LayeredFS works on 4.1 on as well
Incase you dont want to update your firmware and want to stay on 4.1, see below;

Watch this video first
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=207&v=oiE8Luc0c9E

Read the description as well on what you need... THEN

Follow this post (thread) on how to make LayeredFS work on 4.1.0;
https://gbatemp.net/threads/atmosphere-layeredfs.507653/#post-8059224

once you follow that thread, you will have the patched kernel file... which you need to replace with what you got earlier

Haven't checked the videos yet but will do after work. After patching everything and sticking with 4.1 will I be able to visit the eshop? Still need to download a couple free games for title IDs etc rather than start messing with my cartridge ones.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Haven't checked the videos yet but will do after work. After patching everything and sticking with 4.1 will I be able to visit the eshop? Still need to download a couple free games for title IDs etc rather than start messing with my cartridge ones.
On 4.1.0 you aren't able to visit the eShop. That's why I recommended you to update to the latest firmware with this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...nofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/. When you backup your NAND before and don't burn any fuses, you still can downgrade in the future if you want to go back to 4.1.0.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Neath

P4wn4g3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, will the exFat payload stick on 4.1.0 after I boot into RCM the first time using method 2? I don't see any reason to do a temporary payload for it at this point.

Will Atmosphere be bundled with an autoRCM and / or bootloader?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, will the exFat payload stick on 4.1.0 after I boot into RCM the first time using method 2? I don't see any reason to do a temporary payload for it at this point.

Will Atmosphere be bundled with an autoRCM and / or bootloader?
Yes, but only when you boot into RCM using that build of Hekate. Since some games seem to have the exFAT update within them, it might be reasonably safe to install the exFAT update permanently into your NAND but there is still not enough info to say so. As for AutoRCM, ReSwitched has no plans to release something that will corrupt the BCT however the current tools such as briccmii are more than capable of inducing AutoRCM. And for the bootloader known as Fusee, it is still being worked on and will be released when Atmosphere is completed.

P4wn4g3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I will keep waiting on the mod scene to develop before deploying fusee or doing anything potentially damaging/ time wasting then. Really don't want to go to the trouble of doing an AutoRCM just to have it deprecated / no longer supported/ patched by Nintendo/ incompatible with certain important exploits. And I don't want to mess with the pins more than I have to.

HoTsHoTz79

GIC-Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I guess I will keep waiting on the mod scene to develop before deploying fusee or doing anything potentially damaging/ time wasting then. Really don't want to go to the trouble of doing an AutoRCM just to have it deprecated / no longer supported/ patched by Nintendo/ incompatible with certain important exploits. And I don't want to mess with the pins more than I have to.

i'm on the same page.. so i am just using my cartridges to run backups on 4.1

skypirate123

Trophies
XP
Country
On 4.1.0 you aren't able to visit the eShop. That's why I recommended you to update to the latest firmware with this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...nofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/. When you backup your NAND before and don't burn any fuses, you still can downgrade in the future if you want to go back to 4.1.0.

Just got my microSDXC and it wants to update the system before I can use it... wut do?

I need to format/sort the SDXC so it will work with Switch.

Backup and update to 5.1?

Then run LayeredFS and so on.

Last edited by skypirate123,

HoTsHoTz79

GIC-Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Last edited by HoTsHoTz79,

skypirate123

Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by skypirate123,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu