Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just got my switch today, its on 4.1.0. Shall I leave it on this firmware. I don't plan on doing anything with it other than playing odessey until homebrew is released

nkdx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
sooooooooooooooooooo i logged off gbatemp for a month or two now and i do not know what's going on with the nintendo switch anymore. Apparently 4.1 will get homebrew during summer. Is this the only thing that happened?
Also, i still didnt buy a switch. If i buy one now what firmware will it be on and will it have received the soc update that will prevent me from ever getting homebrew?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any hope for 5.0.1 hax?
Yes the only "inconvenience" would be having to do a minor hardmod on your system. There is no word on a software solution but anything is possible.

sooooooooooooooooooo i logged off gbatemp for a month or two now and i do not know what's going on with the nintendo switch anymore. Apparently 4.1 will get homebrew during summer. Is this the only thing that happened?
Also, i still didnt buy a switch. If i buy one now what firmware will it be on and will it have received the soc update that will prevent me from ever getting homebrew?
A lot actually happened in the last 48 hours which I feel is hard to sum up in one post. In short, an unpatchable exploit has been released to the public so now anyone can develop homebrew for the switch. The only planned homebrew we know of is the CFW that is being worked on publicly ever since February which is planned for release sometime around June 15th. As for your other question, its hard to say what firmware new switches will be out on. There's a lot of factors to consider such as how often a store updates their stock and what firmware Nintendo pushes onto new stock. So I'm afraid I cannot say what firmware you will encounter. The new Soc you're referring to, Mariko, has most likely not been rolled out. Nintendo may not even announce the new revision to the public. The only way to test this would be to use the newly released exploit on a brand new Switch since thats the whole reason Mariko is being made.

Reactions: nkdx

Arkangelshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i just cant get it, i appreciate the help.

If i do "it" on the rail do i need to do "it" on the joycon too?

What i need to do on the rail is to touch the # 10 pin and # 1 pin with a "copper" cable?
Does it work with any type of copper cable like the one in electric installation, any size number of cable that is recommended?
Does the cable needs to be thin like the pins or it could be bigger like touching two or more of them?

Is there any risk of insterting it in there if i do it wrong like touching more pins?

Thx.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
i am trying to try the wire trick thing, i put a wire between pin 9 and 10, then powered on and pressed vol up, then it just booted normally.

what i am missing?

CzeroXCI

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just bought a Switch and will unbox it when the hack will be more user friendly. So: when the CWF will be released we should still use the 3D gadget ? or a method of installation like on the 3DS will be available ?

Sayton

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just got a 2nd switch for hacking. Should I update and connect to the eShop/profile, or just leave it on verion 4.0 firmware without ever connecting to the store/profile.
Leave it on 4.0. So you could have the chance for a softmod instead of the hardmod earlier.

BR6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to choose what fw to update to on a switch?
Or does Nintendo force update once wifi is active to latest fw

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just bought a Switch and will unbox it when the hack will be more user friendly. So: when the CWF will be released we should still use the 3D gadget ? or a method of installation like on the 3DS will be available ?
The easiest way will be to use the 3d printed stuff. Iirc ReSwitched said that flashcarts will never existed for the switch. If you don't want to spend the money on the 3d printed switchx pro, you can use a wire, tinfoil, etc
Is it possible to choose what fw to update to on a switch?
Or does Nintendo force update once wifi is active to latest fw
The only way to choose the firmware is to do a cart update. Different games have different firmwares pre-installed on them. For example, if you want to update to 3.0.0 from 2.x.x, you can buy an original copy of pokken, which has the 3.0.0 update pre-installed

sgt_bug

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
The easiest way will be to use the 3d printed stuff. Iirc ReSwitched said that flashcarts will never existed for the switch. If you don't want to spend the money on the 3d printed switchx pro, you can use a wire, tinfoil, etc

The only way to choose the firmware is to do a cart update. Different games have different firmwares pre-installed on them. For example, if you want to update to 3.0.0 from 2.x.x, you can buy an original copy of pokken, which has the 3.0.0 update pre-installed
Actually you need the lot that has carts with 000 in the end. The newer versions of Pokken end up installing 3.0.1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle