Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, if I put the cartridge in my switch, I can play splatoon online with nintendo servers in any of the 3 modes, even emunand? And nintendo won't care?

Well I guess in my case, since I have that blocking txt file, I could only access nintendo servers in stock. But to be clear, putting the cartridge in my switch on stock firmware, I can play online without any fear of Nintendo bans?

Also, if it makes a diff, I did get the update/dlc online and added them via DBI on my emunand.

Thank you Blythe93!!! ...again, lol.

If your nand isn't clean then no for Splatoon.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Mozambique
And last question on the host folder there is also a default.txt but i had read in the guide that if i plan to play offline on emunand i should change the default.txt to emummc.txt, so can i delete it and just let only the emummc.txt on the folder?

According to the official documentation, the guide is wrong. The documentation says default.txt is auto created and is recommended to keep it as is.

Hosts file selection​

Atmosphère will try to read hosts from the following file paths, in order, stopping once it successfully performs a file read:

• (emummc only) /atmosphere/hosts/emummc_%04lx.txt, formatted with the emummc's id number (see emummc.ini).
  • (emummc only) /atmosphere/hosts/emummc.txt.
  • (sysmmc only) /atmosphere/hosts/sysmmc.txt.
  • /atmosphere/hosts/default.txt
If /atmosphere/hosts/default.txt does not exist, atmosphère will create it to contain the defaults.

Atmosphère defaults​

By default, atmosphère's default redirections are parsed in addition to the contents of the loaded hosts file.

This is equivalent to thinking of the loaded hosts file as having the atmosphère defaults prepended to it.

This setting is considered desirable, because it minimizes the telemetry risks if a user forgets to update a custom hosts file on a system update which changes the telemetry servers.

daikon1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your nand isn't clean then no for Splatoon.
By that I assume you mean since I have an emunand, that it does not matter how I boot up (emmu, sys, stock), that I would get banned.

So no way of online splatoon at all. :-/

It is weird because I have seen posts were people talk about playing splatoon online even though they have cfw installed, but I could not find the details of how.

Thank you.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By that I assume you mean since I have an emunand, that it does not matter how I boot up (emmu, sys, stock), that I would get banned.

So no way of online splatoon at all. :-/

It is weird because I have seen posts were people talk about playing splatoon online even though they have cfw installed, but I could not find the details of how.

Thank you.

If you installed nsp and play online on the same nand you will get banned. Installing nsp makes it not clean anymore. Splatoon online requires a clean nand.

daikon1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you installed nsp and play online on the same nand you will get banned. Installing nsp makes it not clean anymore. Splatoon online requires a clean nand.
So as long as I never install anything on Stock sys mmc, it does not matter what is installed on CFW -sysnand, and CFW-emunand?

So I can go online on stock sys nand and play online without issue? Or will Nintendo see what is on CFW-emmunand?

If it makes a difference, I got my firmware from https://darthsternie.net/switch-firmwares/ and used daybreak while on emmunand to update the firmware of the device on stock, sysnand, and emunand.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
So, if I put the cartridge in my switch, I can play splatoon online with nintendo servers in any of the 3 modes, even emunand? And nintendo won't care?

Well I guess in my case, since I have that blocking txt file, I could only access nintendo servers in stock. But to be clear, putting the cartridge in my switch on stock firmware, I can play online without any fear of Nintendo bans?

Also, if it makes a diff, I did get the update/dlc online and added them via DBI on my emunand.
Going online is probably safe only in stock mode, provided that your sysNAND is clean, i.e. you haven't made any modifications to it, installed pirated games, homebrew forwarders etc. Going online on CFW, either sysNAND or emuNAND, is probably the same. The moment you've installed stuff with DBI to it, it's no longer clean.

Just running CFW on your Switch probably won't get you banned. Doing all those other things probably will.

So as long as I never install anything on Stock sys mmc, it does not matter what is installed on CFW -sysnand, and CFW-emunand?
CFW emuNAND only, I believe. sysNAND SFW and stock share the same NAND.

used daybreak while on emmunand to update the firmware of the device on stock, sysnand, and emunand
While updating emuNAND via Daybreak is fine, updating sysNAND is probably risky. It's better to update it through official means, if it's clean. If it's not clean, then it doesn't matter really as it may probably be flagged for ban unless a clean NAND is restored before any hacking was done with it and before your current sysNAND had a chance to connect to Nintendo servers.

daikon1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going online is probably safe only in stock mode, provided that your sysNAND is clean, i.e. you haven't made any modifications to it, installed pirated games, homebrew forwarders etc. Going online on CFW, either sysNAND or emuNAND, is probably the same. The moment you've installed stuff with DBI to it, it's no longer clean.

Just running CFW on your Switch probably won't get you banned. Doing all those other things probably will.

CFW emuNAND only, I believe. sysNAND SFW and stock share the same NAND.

While updating emuNAND via Daybreak is fine, updating sysNAND is probably risky. It's better to update it through official means, if it's clean. If it's not clean, then it doesn't matter really as it may probably be flagged for ban unless a clean NAND is restored before any hacking was done with it and before your current sysNAND had a chance to connect to Nintendo servers.
Welp, it must have connected because stock wants me to update my firmware officially.

Hopefully, my update did not flag me, but I assume that if I restore my nand now it will really look suspicious going down in firmware.

I have not installed anything to sysnand or stock - I only put in cartridges. I followed that RENTRY guide you linked me to so I don't even know how to put anything on stock / sysnand even if I wanted to.

I think I will pop in a cartridge of Splatoon later on and see what happens.

I do know that under stock I am asked to update firmware before I do anything.

1) Is it OK to update firmware on stock to latest official nintendo (or will that mess with my emmunand and the abilty to read cartridges while in emmunand - I am on 16 now). I want to make sure I can still install cartridges I buy in the future on my emmunand and I don't want it to be unable to read cartridges if it is on 16 and my stock/sysnand is on 18.1 for example

2) NSPs (updates and dlc) installed on emunand should have no effect whatsoever on stock/ sysnand, right?

Thanks again!

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
1) Is it OK to update firmware on stock to latest official nintendo (or will that mess with my emmunand and the abilty to read cartridges while in emmunand - I am on 16 now). I want to make sure I can still install cartridges I buy in the future on my emmunand and I don't want it to be unable to read cartridges if it is on 16 and my stock/sysnand is on 18.1 for example
Currently, as far as I know, firmware 18.1.0 is fully supported by Atmosphere and Hekate, and sigpatches / sys-patch work. Other modules are probably being updated unless they already are up-to-date and working. Updating firmware on stock via official means should be fine and will work regarless if your console is banned or not.

If both your sysNAND and emuNAND are on the latest versions, you should be able to use your cartridges on both. On CFW, you'll need to enable game card reader for your cartridges to work. I haven't dumped any of the cartridges I own so far since it's easier for me to find the copies online and install them to the emuNAND. I do know that you can use nxdumptool for that, but if you just want to install your carts to directly to the console / SD card, you can do so via DBI, for example. Other installer will probably work, too.

2) NSPs (updates and dlc) installed on emunand should have no effect whatsoever on stock/ sysnand, right?
Yep, that's how it is by default. You should have two Nintendo folders on your SD card, one on the root (that's the one used by stock / sysNAND), and the other one inside of emummc folder somewhere (that's the one used by emuNAND).

daikon1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently, as far as I know, firmware 18.1.0 is fully supported by Atmosphere and Hekate, and sigpatches / sys-patch work. Other modules are probably being updated unless they already are up-to-date and working. Updating firmware on stock via official means should be fine and will work regarless if your console is banned or not.

If both your sysNAND and emuNAND are on the latest versions, you should be able to use your cartridges on both. On CFW, you'll need to enable game card reader for your cartridges to work. I haven't dumped any of the cartridges I own so far since it's easier for me to find the copies online and install them to the emuNAND. I do know that you can use nxdumptool for that, but if you just want to install your carts to directly to the console / SD card, you can do so via DBI, for example. Other installer will probably work, too.

Yep, that's how it is by default. You should have two Nintendo folders on your SD card, one on the root (that's the one used by stock / sysNAND), and the other one inside of emummc folder somewhere (that's the one used by emuNAND).
Thanks again. That means that updating via daybreak is the only sketchy thing I did - hopefully that does not ban me. We will see!

Reactions: Blythe93

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So I can go online on stock sys nand and play online without issue? Or will Nintendo see what is on CFW-emmunand?

If it makes a difference, I got my firmware from https://darthsternie.net/switch-firmwares/ and used daybreak while on emmunand to update the firmware of the device on stock, sysnand, and emunand.

Why not just use stock ofw?

daikon1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not just use stock ofw?
That is what I will try - I am sorry I worded it wrong. I was just worried that
1) I updated the stock firmware via daybreak while in emunand
2) I was worried that actions in emunand would show up in stock.

I'll test it in a bit.

Nintendo wants me to update the stock firmware first.

Also, if I am to be banned, I assume it would happen right away. So we will know soon!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is what I will try - I am sorry I worded it wrong. I was just worried that
1) I updated the stock firmware via daybreak while in emunand
2) I was worried that actions in emunand would show up in stock.

I'll test it in a bit.

Nintendo wants me to update the stock firmware first.

Also, if I am to be banned, I assume it would happen right away. So we will know soon!

Stock ofw mean no cfw so no emunand.

gkoelho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was trying to get the new monster hunter stories remaster to work, but it requires firmware 18.0 to play.

I tried updating atmosphere, using the beta sigpatches available, tried updating fusee, I did everything I could think of and couldn't get the game to run, and not any other game on the new atmosphere version, regardless of the stuff I mentioned I tried.

Only fix I was able to come to was to simply downgrade my firm back to 16.0 where I was and downgrade my atmosphere as well.

Can anyone help??

Last edited by gkoelho,

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was trying to get the new monster hunter stories remaster to work, but it requires firmware 18.0 to play.

I tried updating atmosphere, using the beta sigpatches available, tried updating fusee, I did everything I could think of and couldn't get the game to run, and not any other game on the new atmosphere version, regardless of the stuff I mentioned I tried.

Only fix I was able to come to was to simply downgrade my firam back to 16.0 where I was and downgrade my atmosphere as well.

Can anyone help??
Sig patches on fusee3, or sys-patch.
https://gbatemp.net/download/sys-patch-1-5-2-binary-fw-18-1-0-atmosphere-1-7-1.38686/

gkoelho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can you elabortate on what to do exactly? Cause I obviusly didn't manage to get it working despite reading stuff extensively

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks again. That means that updating via daybreak is the only sketchy thing I did - hopefully that does not ban me. We will see!
Updating via daybreak should be mostly the same as updating via card, both of them can happen offline, so just a random increase in the firmware version will not be a problem. If you where to downgrade through, that might potentially be more problematic, if nintendo keeps track of this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Is that alot? You'd think shipping from China be cheaper, but alot longer wait