Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

enochlinux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to enter applet mode without holding R and opening a game? I have no games installed as of rn.
Post automatically merged:

* Non applet.
Reinstalled MGS1. Worked great. Entered full resource mode. Went great.

Attempted to use goldleaf to both explore content on my PC, then install Animal Crossing off my SD card. Neither worked. I'm about to try DBI, is there literally anything else at all I should try before giving up entirely?

Reinstalled MGS1. Worked great. Entered full resource mode. Went great.

Attempted to use goldleaf to both explore content on my PC, then install Animal Crossing off my SD card. Neither worked. I'm about to try DBI, is there literally anything else at all I should try before giving up entirely?
Continuing to get USB errors.

Literally the only thing I can think to do is pop the SD out, format it, put everything back on, then full factory reset my switch.

Last edited by enochlinux,

jhharajr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'd just start from scratch in that case. If you're using hidden partition emuNAND, it might be enough to just delete the SD card contents and start with a fresh Atmosphere, Hekate, sigpatches, etc. so see if that would work in your case. Backup your SD card contents
should i keep the emummc folder in the sd or should i delete everything

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
should i keep the emummc folder in the sd or should i delete everything
If you'd like to try with the fresh Hekate/Atmosphere/Sigpatches, you can keep that folder as that's where you games, saves, screenshots and alike are stored, among other things. The rest of the files, you can backup and delete afterwards, and download a fresh set of Hekate, Atmosphere and sigpatches and see if that will fix the issue you're having. If you manage to get it to work, I'd back up the save files with JKSV, copy them to PC and start from scratch afterwards, following one of the written guides that I've previously mentioned. Or, if you feel that's unnecessary and that your SD card is legit and the file corruption happened due to bad transfer (damaged cable, incomplete files, etc.), you can start filling up the SD card with all the homebrew you usually use and need.

Anyway, that's what I'd do personally, as I'm not really an expert in troubleshooting other people's issues. Therefore, fresh install if possible is usually the way I suggest people to fix their stuff unless it's something really trivial.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone. I just got a 512gb SD card and I'm looking to use it to replace my current SD (256gb). I'm not going to even try to migrate the games, I know I'll have to resinstall them. I have some questions about the whole new SD process:

- I literally just took it out of the box, so it hasn't been formatted yet. I know that I need to use fat32 instead of exFat, but what about the other options? Which allocation unit size should I pick, and uh... what programs do I use to format it :rofl2: I have seriously forgotten how I formatted my previous Switch SD card. In my defense, it's been a couple of years, andI have a bad memory :P

- I was a very clueless newbie when I hacked my Switch for the first time, and as a result I never set up an emunand - I have been using a cfw sysnand the entire time. Is this going to come back to haunt me as I'm trying to setup/use the new SD?
You can use GUIFormat to format it to FAT32. As for allocation size, default is sufficient. Also you don't need an emuMMC but it does have a few uses. It can serve as a brick shield for any homebrew you are afraid might brick your sysMMC. And it can help prevent your sysMMC from being banned by only running CFW on emuMMC then keeping it offline as long as you never run CFW on sysMMC.

jhharajr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If you'd like to try with the fresh Hekate/Atmosphere/Sigpatches, you can keep that folder as that's where you games, saves, screenshots and alike are stored, among other things. The rest of the files, you can backup and delete afterwards, and download a fresh set of Hekate, Atmosphere and sigpatches and see if that will fix the issue you're having. If you manage to get it to work, I'd back up the save files with JKSV, copy them to PC and start from scratch afterwards, following one of the written guides that I've previously mentioned. Or, if you feel that's unnecessary and that your SD card is legit and the file corruption happened due to bad transfer (damaged cable, incomplete files, etc.), you can start filling up the SD card with all the homebrew you usually use and need.

Anyway, that's what I'd do personally, as I'm not really an expert in troubleshooting other people's issues. Therefore, fresh install if possible is usually the way I suggest people to fix their stuff unless it's something really trivial.
I got it to work thank you very much

Reactions: Blythe93

anthony001

Trophies
XP
Country
my switch is still 14.1.2 and atmosphere at 1.4.1|s . i just heard about the news about the takedown and was wondering how affected am I in this situation. is there other ways to recover the files. what are the files that i should have in my local drive saved up.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my switch is still 14.1.2 and atmosphere at 1.4.1|s . i just heard about the news about the takedown and was wondering how affected am I in this situation. is there other ways to recover the files. what are the files that i should have in my local drive saved up.
The only relevant things taken down were Yuzu and syspatch. You wouldn't need Yuzu since you have a hacked Switch and patches can always be downloaded from this thread. If you have a copy of syspatch, you can back that up but it may stop working in a future firmware update.

Lavaimp

☆ミ
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Heya! how would i convert BFTTF.cmp files to ttf?
i don't know what the .cmp at the end is, or if that's some further encryption that i need to fix
(nevermind this, i figured it out... though istill don't know why forgotten land's text doesn't include certain letters for some reason)

new question though!
Awhile back people were asking about forgotten land's music compression.
Is there any way to convert the files back to .bfsar.cmpbin yet?

I really wanted to make a nier-inspired music mod for the game due to the postapocolyptic nature (ESPECIALLY the themepark) feeling very similar to me.

0Futurisma0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
guys hi.

.guys hi. i am confused as well . i want to ask the following. i also got my switch with hekate 5.0.1 2 years ago. since then all the game i had download were installing perfect. now i try to install new games such as doom eternal but i get errors. i need to update something to get them to work ?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys hi.

.guys hi. i am confused as well . i want to ask the following. i also got my switch with hekate 5.0.1 2 years ago. since then all the game i had download were installing perfect. now i try to install new games such as doom eternal but i get errors. i need to update something to get them to work ?

You need to update your system firmware with daybreak along with new Atmosphere/Hekate/Sig Patches files.

bulbastore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, I'm just looking for the best sd card to buy for a hacked switch is all. I would like 1tb+ but as fast as possible while being affordable.

0Futurisma0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You need to update the system firmware to play newer game, if you are using an emunand update your emunand firmware.
i really don't understand what i need to do. i am confused. i haven t been in the play for a long time now. is there a guide i can safely follow pehraps ? also ty for the quick replies

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i really don't understand what i need to do. i am confused. i haven t been in the play for a long time now. is there a guide i can safely follow pehraps ? also ty for the quick replies

https://rentry.org/UpdateCFWAndFW

Do you know if you have an emunand or using Sysnand CFW?

Hey there, I'm just looking for the best sd card to buy for a hacked switch is all. I would like 1tb+ but as fast as possible while being affordable.

1TB cost around $100, Sandisk is a good brand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto