Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Youser

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
New? Its a bit shady(not a reason to swap but it sucks to get battery not in a 100% condition).
Used? No I think still pretty good.

But if it is new perhaps it needs a few charging cycles to settle.
No it’s not new. I got it second hand. As the V1 came out in 2017 (not sure when mine was manufactured), I thought that after 5+ years it might need replacing.

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes, the switch just died in the middle of restoring, plugged it in for a few minutes and I cant even get the Hekate screen to pop up and cant inject it either
but we are talking about emu so you have tried to restore emu on sd? Are sure?

Last edited by Lamcza,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh then I dont know what chip it is then, but I cant even boot into stock mode by holding down the power button

Sound like you attempted to restore to sysnand, when it ran out of battery. It doesn't have a working nand that why it won't boot into OFW and I believe what ever chip you have won't glitch without a working emmc nand.

Reactions: Lamcza

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No it’s not new. I got it second hand. As the V1 came out in 2017 (not sure when mine was manufactured), I thought that after 5+ years it might need replacing.
looks like it is good enough i have also v1 from 2017 :P it can push to +/- 3h still in some more demanding 3d games

Reactions: Blythe93

killam42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sound like you attempted to restore to sysnand, when it ran out of battery. It doesn't have a working nand that why it won't boot into OFW and I believe what ever chip you have won't glitch without a working emmc nand.
Ok how can I fix that I still have my first backup from years ago with backup nands

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Hayato213 Isn't there a certain modchip that's able to work with blanked Nand, and it re-builds it. Thought maybe I read that somewhere but may be wrong. Either way I guess it's a hardware fix, programmer or a chip.

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Oh
Post automatically merged:

I also cant inject anything from Tegra
to be clear did you hold the power button long enough to shout it off and then boot in the rcm mode? Mean i don't even know what model is this new switch and why did you try to copy the whole emu between consoles?

killam42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to be clear did you hold the power button long enough to shout it off and then boot in the rcm mode? Mean i don't even know what model is this new switch?
Yes I held it down, and I noticed the mod installer put a view light and the chip is flashing red when I hold down the button
Post automatically merged:

So after searching for a second I realized I would need to re flash my switch, so how would I do that without taking the whole thing apart

Last edited by killam42,

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

killam42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@killam42 I'd suggest charging for awhile, maybe just not enough juice to power switch&chip. Later If still no luck. I'd open it and take some close up pics of your installed modchip, and post your issue there. They are very wise and a very helpful bunch when it comes to the modchips.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/picofly-aio-thread.628951/page-160#post-10312737
https://gbatemp.net/threads/picofly-a-hwfly-switch-modchip.622701/page-707
Ok thanks, would they be helpful to someone who has zero knowledge on soldering

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks, would they be helpful to someone who has zero knowledge on soldering
I think right now is the issue is if that installed chip can rebuild your Nand. If so, then thats just software related , if not then yes it would require soldering and/or Nand programmer. (which I would def reccomend sending to a repair shop, not try yourself)

Reactions: Blythe93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu