Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fantastic, thanks for replying. Basically my best bet is to follow the steps in “Set up Atmosphere with EmuNAND on Erista (Unpatched)”, correct? I also want to confirm which jig I should buy, a link for a good one would be massively appreciated. Stupid question, once my Switch is ready to go and I managed to mod and install games, will I be required to repeat certain steps in the future? Such as launching payloads etc?
Launching payloads, yes, since every time you turn off the Switch, the CFW turns off too. But it's nothing too complicated, and if you choose to never turn off your Switch (some people do that) then it's not an issue. Other steps to be repeated is updating the firmware, Atmosphere, Hekate, sigpatches, and other homebrews when new versions come out. But read about any caveats here first. No need to rush things.

Reactions: BigOnYa

greenchili

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must not have read my post. Doing what you suggested will still not keep my switch from wanting to erase the partition when I turn off hekate and switch back to standard stock mode or if for some reason it powers off. I can't leave it in "auto boot RCM" mode because it's too confusing for other family members to have to load a payload when it doesn't turn on for them.
Post automatically merged:

There is a way to stop this, which I strongly suggest... stop inserting or removing the SD card from your Switch. The SD slot is known to be flaky on the Switch. You wouldn't want to break it. So just leave the SD card alone, and do all your file transfers through Hekate and a USB cable. I haven't ejected my SD card from my Switch in years, literally.

You must not have read my post. Doing what you suggested will still not keep my switch from wanting to erase the partition when I turn off hekate and switch back to standard stock mode or if for some reason it powers off. I can't leave it in "auto boot RCM" mode because it's too confusing for other family members to have to load a payload when it doesn't turn on for them. Also I can't trust them enough to avoid accidently erasing the partition on the switch. It's too easy to accidently acknowledge the message before removing the SD card.

If there is not solution to that then A simple "There is currently no way to stop that message from coming up and it's not a good idea to be constantly switching memory cards" would have sufficed.

Lucalulu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Launching payloads, yes, since every time you turn off the Switch, the CFW turns off too. But it's nothing too complicated, and if you choose to never turn off your Switch (some people do that) then it's not an issue. Other steps to be repeated is updating the firmware, Atmosphere, Hekate, sigpatches, and other homebrews when new versions come out. But read about any caveats here first. No need to rush things.
I see, thanks for clarifying. I’m glad I asked because I might have to MAC friendly payload instead. Initially I was going to do the whole thing with a friend’s windows laptop, but since I would need something to launch a payload every time I turn it off I guess I’ll have to use a different method. For the jig, can someone link me a safe option please? Thanks

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You must not have read my post. Doing what you suggested will still not keep my switch from wanting to erase the partition when I turn off hekate and switch back to standard stock mode or if for some reason it powers off. I can't leave it in "auto boot RCM" mode because it's too confusing for other family members to have to load a payload when it doesn't turn on for them.
Post automatically merged:

You must not have read my post. Doing what you suggested will still not keep my switch from wanting to erase the partition when I turn off hekate and switch back to standard stock mode or if for some reason it powers off. I can't leave it in "auto boot RCM" mode because it's too confusing for other family members to have to load a payload when it doesn't turn on for them. Also I can't trust them enough to avoid accidently erasing the partition on the switch. It's too easy to accidently acknowledge the message before removing the SD card.

If there is not solution to that then A simple "There is currently no way to stop that message from coming up and it's not a good idea to be constantly switching memory cards" would have sufficed.
Hmm, I have my SD card set up exactly as yours, emuMMC on a hidden partition, and my Switch never prompted me that there was something wrong with it and that it would try to fix it. My guess is that you possibly corrupted the content by pulling the SD card at the wrong moment. No idea how to easily fix it, but you might have to do it the hard way, re-formatting and re-installing your stuff. And my advice still stands, use Hekate with USB cable instead of pulling out the SD card.

greenchili

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I have my SD card set up exactly as yours, emuMMC on a hidden partition, and my Switch never prompted me that there was something wrong with it and that it would try to fix it. My guess is that you possibly corrupted the content by pulling the SD card at the wrong moment. No idea how to easily fix it, but you might have to do it the hard way, re-formatting and re-installing your stuff. And my advice still stands, use Hekate with USB cable instead of pulling out the SD card.

Try completely disabling hekate. Leave your SD card in. Power off the Switch. Power it back on without loading a payload. I assume you have a non-patched switch as well? My PC did say that the E: drive needed to be checked. On my system D: is the hidden partition and E: is the rest. Maybe the switch was complaining about the non-hidden partition.

I assume a windows PC still complains about the extra partition with your setup? I just want to make sure.

Thanks

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try completely disabling hekate. Leave your SD card in. Power off the Switch. Power it back on without loading a payload. I assume you have a non-patched switch as well?

I assume a windows PC still complains about the extra partition with your setup? I just want to make sure.

Thanks
Why would you want to disable Hekate? It's probably the most useful homebrew existing on the Switch, only second to Atmosphere. If I turn off my Switch and turn it back on without injecting a payload (and of course without entering RCM) than the Switch boots normally to my ancient firmware (v2.3.0). And it's mostly useless in that state, that's why I never do that. My PC is Linux only, so I can't really help you with the Windows question. But as far as I remember (it's been years), inserting the SD card in the PC didn't generate any error messages or prompt to format.

greenchili

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you want to disable Hekate? It's probably the most useful homebrew existing on the Switch, only second to Atmosphere. If I turn off my Switch and turn it back on without injecting a payload (and of course without entering RCM) than the Switch boots normally to my ancient firmware (v2.3.0). And it's mostly useless in that state, that's why I never do that. My PC is Linux only, so I can't really help you with the Windows question. But as far as I remember (it's been years), inserting the SD card in the PC didn't generate any error messages

I was just naming a scenario that would cause the issue that happened to me. Since it is a possible scenario I would hope someone would have some form of an answer. And yes people do reasons for disabling hekate which I already stated. I'm not sure how you missed it.

Thanks

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Howdy, so... yeah, now I'm suffering from this problem that seems more widespread since 2019.
Brief recap:

• Act 1: I update my Nintendo Switch to latest Atmosphere 1.6.2, Hekate to 6.0.7, and FW to 17.0.0 ALL IN EMUMMC (I don't touch the sysMMC since I bought the console already banned). Also, I update sys-patch and sigpatches before begining the process to avoid any error.
  • Act 2: The console errors, and I face a fucking "Failed to apply ‘nosigchk’!" error while restarting. I update again sigpatches et voila, the console now turns on, but now I cannot run any fucking software aside from Super Mario Bros. Wonder, since every game now loops on the "Checking whether this software can be played" error.
  • Act 3: I update again everything: Atmosphere, Hekate, sigpatches (again), I unlink and relink my profiles to fake NNIDs, even do clean installs of everything, and nothing works.
Does anybody knows what could I do now?
Where did you download the patches from? Not all places have updated patches or even the correct ones.

greenchili

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But just to be clear... I eventually want to move to a scenario where this switch is solely used for the shady business and buy a newer switch for the online legit stuff ( for the family ). But that may be a while.

In the meantime... this is the impression I get. For the best possible way to reduce chances of getting a console banned.

(keep in min my switch is non patched)

Setup an SD card with emuMMC. I already setup some exosphere stuff and some text files in the "hosts" directory to preven the switch in emuMMC (emuNAND) from connecting to Nintendo's servers. Use hekate in "auto RCM mode" to prevent any possible "incidents". Keep the switch in "standby mode" as much as possible. If for some reason it gets powered down or loses power than I have to connect it to a pc or phone to send a payload.

Boot and select emuMMC (emuNAND) for when I want to do the shady stuff. Never use online in that mode. Only install shady things in that environment. Right now I've been limiting installs to the emuNAND so that the "accessible" part of my SD card can be reserved for all of the homebrew junk. But as far as I can gather in this mode everything is essentially isolated.

Boot select sysNAND when I want to to do legit stuff. In this mode it sounds like everything should be ok. I'm just surprised that Nintendo doesn't scan the SD card for an "atmosphere" folder or even the "EmuMMC" folder and flag people for that. Or is that not the case?

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I haven't ejected my SD card from my Switch in years, literally.
And here I did it more than 20 times (at the very least) when I was trying out SX OS and Atmosphere dual boot until I eventually gave up for the time being on having SX OS as well. Ever since then, I haven't removed my microSD card either, but it was a fun experience (thankfully without my microSD card breaking).
link for a good one would be massively appreciated
I'd suggest looking for them on AliExpress which is where I bought mine. Depending on where you live, shipment may vary. I bought 3 of them for $5 or something.
Stupid question, once my Switch is ready to go and I managed to mod and install games, will I be required to repeat certain steps in the future? Such as launching payloads etc?
Only if your Switch powers down, you'll need push your fuse.bin payload in order to launch Atmosphere. Other than that, I don't really think so.

Reactions: Dust2dust

greenchili

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And here I did it more than 20 times (at the very least) when I was trying out SX OS and Atmosphere dual boot until I eventually gave up for the time being on having SX OS as well. Ever since then, I haven't removed my microSD card either, but it was a fun experience (thankfully without my microSD card breaking).

I'd suggest looking for them on AliExpress which is where I bought mine. Depending on where you live, shipment may vary. I bought 3 of them for $5 or something.

Only if your Switch powers down, you'll need push your fuse.bin payload in order to launch Atmosphere. Other than that, I don't really think so.

I'm curious. What size microSD cards did you get for those prices? I have a couple 64g.. but obviously they are not quite big enough. Especially with the EmuMMC eating up half of it. :rofl2:

Reactions: Blythe93

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I'm curious. What size microSD cards did you get for those prices? I have a couple 64g.. but obviously they are not quite big enough. Especially with the EmuMMC eating up half of it. :rofl2:
I have SanDisk Extreme 256GB in my Switch. 256GB is the lowest I'd go for and I paid around $55 for it. 512GB go for $75-90. Just make sure that you're buying legit ones, not fake microSD cards.

Reactions: greenchili

Morricorne

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Fantastic, thanks for replying. Basically my best bet is to follow the steps in “Set up Atmosphere with EmuNAND on Erista (Unpatched)”, correct? I also want to confirm which jig I should buy, a link for a good one would be massively appreciated. Stupid question, once my Switch is ready to go and I managed to mod and install games, will I be required to repeat certain steps in the future? Such as launching payloads etc?
You only need send payload one when you Run CFW first time after Switch shootdown. If you not power of Switch. Don't need to send payload again with tegrarcm. If your Switch is v1 its mean is erista if i remember correctly. Then Yes you need to backup your nand first. Then create emunand on SD card. I recommend using file based emunand. Its simpler. I do not use jig and rcm loader. I have hwfly on my oled. I won't comment on this. If you set emunand with guides from rentry.org. And You block all Nintendo servers. Then you good to go. To install any games without problem with dbi. I've been using it this way for three years now on my next Switch console. I owned v1, lite and now Switch oled. Everything works fine and I've never been banned. Most important is block Nintendo servers connection.

MayorBryce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's my stupid question that probably has an answer somewhere. Is anyone looking for softmod exploits for OLED Switches? In a few years, I'd like to be able to hack my OLED without the risk of bricking it via messing up a hardware hack. I understand only v1 Switches have an exploit, but I'm wondering if anyone is looking for exploits for other versions.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's my stupid question that probably has an answer somewhere. Is anyone looking for softmod exploits for OLED Switches? In a few years, I'd like to be able to hack my OLED without the risk of bricking it via messing up a hardware hack. I understand only v1 Switches have an exploit, but I'm wondering if anyone is looking for exploits for other versions.

There is no software based exploit outside of fusee gelee and deja-vu. You need modchip for OLED.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
sup boys how is that 17 firm safe to update or just better to w8 some more :D? thx
On my primary Switch, I'm still on 16.1.0|AMS 1.5.5 since there are no games yet that require higher firmware revision.
On my secondary Switch, however, I've recently updated to 17.0.0|AMS 1.6.2 to test if everything's working properly and so far so good. I haven't run into issues personally but note that some games might stop working (in most cases, reinstall is all that it takes to fix them, with the most recent versions of installers) or you might experience crashes such as when trying to connect to the Internet (if you've blanked your prodinfo in the past you need to either restore it or set up DNS MITM as well).

So, take your pick.

Reactions: BigOnYa and Lamcza

desgrassia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi again,

I still have one unanswered question, I cannot find a definitive answer even after searching here and googling around. It is about the gamecard reader.

Since I am going to update my clean (hopefully) sysNAND to 17.0.0 (now it sits at 2.3.0) in order to play my legit games and go online, I do not understand if this will *in any way* update my gamecard reader or if there is a way to avoid that. Or anyway if I should even bother with that, also since I will need to be able to read the physical games I have bought :)

My current situation is: I surely updated it once, when I installed OS 5.x with ReiNX some years ago, in fact now on 2.3.0 it does not work.

I read the table here: https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/extras/updating/ and so I believe that there are more updates waiting, but I cannot find any informations about any way to avoid that (i.e. does it upgrade while installing new firmware or the OS itself does it after boot?). Also it would be useful to know, if that was possible, if I could still read gamecards with the latest OS but without updating it.

I hope that my question makes sense :)

Thank you

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
On my primary Switch, I'm still on 16.1.0|AMS 1.5.5 since there are no games yet that require higher firmware revision.
On my secondary Switch, however, I've recently updated to 17.0.0|AMS 1.6.2 to test if everything's working properly and so far so good. I haven't run into issues personally but note that some games might stop working (in most cases, reinstall is all that it takes to fix them, with the most recent versions of installers) or you might experience crashes such as when trying to connect to the Internet (if you've blanked your prodinfo in the past you need to either restore it or set up DNS MITM as well).

So, take your pick.
crashes and reainstaling games yea i will stay on 16 :X thx

Morricorne

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Only known soft exploit for Switch is only for unpatched v1 only. First revision.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I thought I saw a puttie snatch...