Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
i wonder if the problem could come that i have to format the sd card before starting.
Probably not needed as Hekate will do that for you regardless while creating an emuMMC. If i were you, I'd update to the latest version of Hekate and its payload and try again.
Or, even better, start from scratch by following this guide instead.

If your Switch's stock firmware is 17.0.0, you should downgrade your emuMMC firmware to 16.1.0 via Daybreak and use latest sigpatches from here (made for firmware 16.1.0 and Atmosphere 1.6.1). Firmware files can be found on a certain site we are not allowed to link to (quick Google search is all it takes to find it). Feel free to update to 17.0.0 once proper sigpatches are released.

Hope that helps. I wish I could assist you better with this, but this is probably as best as I can do to help out. Good luck!

davd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
How do keep my Switch safe from bans? I know nothing is totally safe, right now it’s booting normally and I understand there’s some caveats but what’s a bare minimum I should be doing so if I boot by injecting a payload I’ll be able to go back and play online?

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
How do keep my Switch safe from bans? I know nothing is totally safe, right now it’s booting normally and I understand there’s some caveats but what’s a bare minimum I should be doing so if I boot by injecting a payload I’ll be able to go back and play online?
Here's what you need to know.

Nkrlz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
I though I had bricked my Switch and made a post about it, it was a matter of USB permisssions on my linux machine. I don't know how to delete posts.

Last edited by Nkrlz,
Reactions: Blythe93

DOTmjo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I am going to sell my modded Switch, what files do I absolutely need to keep on the microSD card. Want to format my SD card but I am assuming I should probably keep the bootloader folder etc.

steveroo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had some corrupt files on my sd card. used guiformater and h2testw card is now working again.

I just installed android using the latest hekate

I'm now restoring my backup to the sd card with my game/atmosphere data...

should I just copy the old hekate and atmosphere?

I don't want hekate to crash after restoring my old files

Lepezon

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It´s been around 4 years since the last time i used cfw (sx os). Now I've installed emu nand with fw 17, atmosphere 1.6.1 and the latest sigpatches. The problem is that whenever i try to copy a game (16 Gb) to the SD (400 Gb), my pc tells me that the SD is full but if i check the storage it still has 350 Gb free out of 375 Gb. Is there another way to transfer files ? Or is my SD some kind of corrupt ?

*Edit* Just found that Quark exists :grog:

Last edited by Lepezon,

steveroo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had some corrupt files on my sd card. used guiformater and h2testw card is now working again.

Copying the backup files from my old sd helped me only get into atmosphere from CFW sysmmc. CFW emummc gives me unkown pkg1 version hos version not supportedor emummc corrupt
trying backup bootloader
found pkg1 'rj@'.

using fusee gave me a different error and wouldn't open atmosphere.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I have the last firmware and Atmosphere updated. In the past, with the hack already, I never returned any problems, the problem started recently.
Well do you have any cheats or sysmodules enabled?
If I am going to sell my modded Switch, what files do I absolutely need to keep on the microSD card. Want to format my SD card but I am assuming I should probably keep the bootloader folder etc.
The only files you need to keep are the Nintendo folder. Everything else can be readily downloaded online.

No, always grab the latest Hekate and Atmosphere when you have a chance.
It´s been around 4 years since the last time i used cfw (sx os). Now I've installed emu nand with fw 17, atmosphere 1.6.1 and the latest sigpatches. The problem is that whenever i try to copy a game (16 Gb) to the SD (400 Gb), my pc tells me that the SD is full but if i check the storage it still has 350 Gb free out of 375 Gb. Is there another way to transfer files ? Or is my SD some kind of corrupt ?

*Edit* Just found that Quark exists :grog:
Instead of Quark, I'd highly recommend using TinWoo Installer instead. Its what I personally use and I never have any issues while using it.

Reactions: Blythe93

steveroo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
my switch is corrupted with fatal error running fusee invalid GPT signature

I thought I could restore a eMMC BOOT0 & BOOT1 backup
and the eMMC RAW GPP backup
and prod.keys

problem is I forget the file structure / directory to put the 2 folders and .keys
I'm at a loss
Post automatically merged:

my switch is corrupted with fatal error running fusee invalid GPT signature

I thought I could restore a eMMC BOOT0 & BOOT1 backup
and the eMMC RAW GPP backup
and prod.keys

problem is I forget the file structure / directory to put the 2 folders and .keys
I'm at a loss
I gave up all hope on my old files.
Formatted, reinstalled hekate, installed android, atmosphere, fusee, sigpatches, followed https://rentry.org/MarikoEmuNAND updated https://rentry.org/UpdateCFWAndFW I also used Linkalho again

1) unlink account
2) add new account
3) delete first account
4) link new account using Linkalho

updated nros now I'm back starting fresh again
I skipped creating a emummc as I don't go online and it didn't help me last night as I forgot the file structure how to add the folders back to my sd card

Last edited by steveroo,

Octpo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo i keep on getting this problem when i try to inject the payload "Failed to grab Device id" i tryied a few cables and it still dont work im thinking that my switch is patched am i worng?

music3k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was told to ask in here instead of another thread.

so i manually added the sigpatches linked on the last page, and re downloaded the newest atmosphere. my ini file is correct, but i'm getting a yellow screen when i try to boot emunand. its been years since i hacked this thing and i just updated when the new stuff comes out. my ofw partition is on the latest ofw.

anyone have any idea if i did something wrong or what i can do to fix it?

i asked in that thread and was linked to here:
https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/issues/2215

i dont see a fix just how to reproduce it.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i was told to ask in here instead of another thread.

anyone have any idea if i did something wrong or what i can do to fix it?

i asked in that thread and was linked to here:
https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/issues/2215

i dont see a fix just how to reproduce it.
@impeeza was just telling you to unwipe your prod.info. In other words, you would open the file exosphere.ini in a text editor and set blank_prodinfo to 0. Save your changes, and bam, your serial number is un-hidden. Probably need a reboot of Atmosphere to take effect. You could also just remove exosphere.ini or rename it. Of course, be careful going online in this state if you care about remaining unbanned.

Reactions: impeeza

music3k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@impeeza was just telling you to unwipe your prod.info. In other words, you would open the file exosphere.ini in a text editor and set blank_prodinfo to 0. Save your changes, and bam, your serial number is un-hidden. Probably need a reboot of Atmosphere to take effect. You could also just remove exosphere.ini or rename it. Of course, be careful going online in this state if you care about remaining unbanned.
where is that file located usually?

edit:nevermind found it

edi2:
both of the prodinfo are set to 0 already?

blank_prodinfo_sysmmc=0
blank_prodinfo_emummc=0

should i just delete it?

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
where is that file located usually?

edit:nevermind found it

edi2:
both of the prodinfo are set to 0 already?

blank_prodinfo_sysmmc=0
blank_prodinfo_emummc=0

should i just delete it?
Then maybe that's not the source of your problem. Your serial number is plainly visible, right? Not just a bunch of 000000?

music3k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then maybe that's not the source of your problem. Your serial number is plainly visible, right? Not just a bunch of 000000?
in the exosphere file? no. everything is set to 0 and theres no serial number in the file
i cant boot to emunand or sysnand because of the yellow screen, but i can boot to the hekate menu stuff.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
in the exosphere file? no. everything is set to 0 and theres no serial number in the file
i cant boot to emunand or sysnand because of the yellow screen, but i can boot to the hekate menu stuff.
Oh, I see. You don't have access to your serial number. If you boot without your SD card, what happens?

music3k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I see. You don't have access to your serial number. If you boot without your SD card, what happens?
i get the regular switch ofw partition i left alone. which i never to to because i have sysnand and emunand.

im in the middle of backing up my sd card, but i think i figured it out and will update. i think i copied over the old atmosphere folders and not the new pre-release for switch firmware 17.0. i checked my downloads folder after going to the atmosphere github and i didnt have 1.6.1 anywhere on this computer. but have 1.5.5

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay