Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I recently purchased the brand new Pro controller and right out of the box left stick felt a little weird. If I e.g. move it all the way down and go all the way up just before I hit the maximum distance it can go to it kinda skips a bit, as if something is stuck beneath the stick. Could it be that some dust or debris got stuck beneath it? Right stick feels and plays well, no issue whatsoever.

Sadly, that problem causes a very small drift that I can, fortunately but temporarily, fix via calibration.

My question is: Should I open the controller and try to remove a possible debris, dust or whatever may got stuck in there with a compressed air? Will that fix the problem?

I was thinking about returning it back to Nintendo as I've ordered it directly from their online store. However, returning process is a bit complicated as I'd have to return it to my relatives in another country for them to ship it back to Nintendo, in order to Nintendo to potentially fix it and send it back to them, and them sending it back to me since there's no direct way for them to ship it to my country, unfortunately. Therefore, I'd attempt to try to fix it myself.

Thank you for your time.

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I'm trying to install some xci files from a usb with tinfoil.

But I get the following message when booting up tinfoil and my usb is inserted:

Failed to initiate usbDs! 01E40000 Firmware might be too low.

And no not running in aplet mode and I'm on 1.6.

Dratini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm trying to run the new version of Atsmophere and hekate with update 17.0.0 compatibility and i'm getting the following error:
failed to apply nosigchk.

Is there some way to fix it yet?

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you know how to downgrade? Is it safe? I reall want to play Mario onder :(
i rather wait few days, istead to dgrade....and i never downgraded.
Post automatically merged:

only thing i downgraded was my n3ds (dgrade to 2.x and then do rest was hell), my psvita for cfw and back then my IPhone 3GS Baseband to remove Sim-Lock lmao

Reactions: Dratini

Dratini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i rather wait few days, istead to dgrade....and i never downgraded.

only thing i downgraded was my n3ds (dgrade to 2.x and then do rest was hell), my psvita for cfw and back then my IPhone 3GS Baseband to remove Sim-Lock lmao

Okay, I will wait, thank you

Doom32x

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentina
i have an unpatched v1 nitnendo switch with emunand on fw 12, today i accidentally updated the sysnand to 17.0.0, now the emnand is not compatible? its there a way to downgrade to 16.1 or i should wait to atmosphere updated version?

i have an unpatched v1 nitnendo switch with emunand on fw 12, today i accidentally updated the sysnand to 17.0.0, now the emnand is not compatible? its there a way to downgrade to 16.1 or i should wait to atmosphere updated version?

Dratini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

I'm searching for an aswner about this too =/

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

sysMMC dgrade i always try to avoid. emuMMC i would risk with an backup. did you boot sysnand with hekate or without payload?

Reactions: Blythe93

mtnmann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello

I'm trying to load CFW with TegraRCMGUI 2.6. The payload "fusee.bin" seems to inject successfully, but the switch does not load into atmosphere. Instead I see the atmosphere logo for a few seconds and then the switch immediately boots back into the Nintendo default FW.

Full message from TegraRCMGUI:

RCM Device detected
Invoking TegraRcmSmash.exe with args : "C:\Users\*\Desktop\fusee.bin"
TegraRcmSmash (32bit) 1.2.1-3 by rajkosto
Opened USB device path \\?\usb#vid_0955&pid_7321#5&356b5377&0&4#{aa0dbd45-3117-f331-5c49-76bf65225042}
RCM Device with id 4004070600000004C3523C6401101062 initialized successfully!
Uploading payload (mezzo size: 92, user size: 110080, total size: 176296, total padded size: 180224)...
Switched to high buffer
Smashing the stack!
Smashed the stack with a 0x001f byte SETUP request!
Payload successfully injected
RCM device disconnected

It appears that RCM immediately disconnects. Is this a common problem?

Btw, I'm using the CFWaifu tutorial and the "It Just Works" files.

Last edited by mtnmann,

Illuminaticy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello

I'm trying to load CFW with TegraRCMGUI 2.6. The payload "fusee.bin" seems to inject successfully, but the switch does not load into atmosphere. Instead I see the atmosphere logo for a few seconds and then the switch immediately boots back into the Nintendo default FW.

Full message from TegraRCMGUI:

RCM Device detected
Invoking TegraRcmSmash.exe with args : "C:\Users\*\Desktop\fusee.bin"
TegraRcmSmash (32bit) 1.2.1-3 by rajkosto
Opened USB device path \\?\usb#vid_0955&pid_7321#5&356b5377&0&4#{aa0dbd45-3117-f331-5c49-76bf65225042}
RCM Device with id 4004070600000004C3523C6401101062 initialized successfully!
Uploading payload (mezzo size: 92, user size: 110080, total size: 176296, total padded size: 180224)...
Switched to high buffer
Smashing the stack!
Smashed the stack with a 0x001f byte SETUP request!
Payload successfully injected
RCM device disconnected

It appears that RCM immediately disconnects. Is this a common problem?
That's how Tegra should behave....are you sure it's not in CFW? Check system settings and see what the firmware says. If you see atmosphere boot logo I can't imagine you're not in CFW

Reactions: mtnmann

Doom32x

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentina
sysMMC dgrade i always try to avoid. emuMMC i would risk with an backup. did you boot sysnand with hekate or without payload?

i didn't boot anything. I wanted to try the mario wonder release but since i almost don't use emunand and i forget how to use the cfw i acccidentally updated before entering hekate. I entered hekate and backuped boot1/2 and nand. I have a micro sd with an old cfw, like firmware 12.0 or 14, but I didn't try anything because im afraid of bricking my switch.

Basically, i have an ofw with latest firmware and an emunand with an old firmware. I'm afraid or bricking my switch, so i didn't try anything, and now im reading that its not possible to boot cfw from emunand if you have the latest firmware, or that you can boot but would not be able to do anything because of sigpatchs. I'm fucked? Can I use CFW? what should i do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...