Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

kantaroo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I've been away from the scene lately, but I'm now going to get more involved with my Switch. I need a bit of help in getting up and running again.
I have a v1 Switch with Atmosphere installed. However it was last updated about 3 years ago so one of the first things I think I need to do is to upgrade to the latest version of Atmosphere and firmware. Could someone please provide a link with instructions for how to update these?

Annoyingly I can't even say what version I'm on because, even though I thought I had booted on eMMC, when I look under "system" it doesn't give me the Atmosphere version, it only says that a system update is available. In any case I have checked that I can boot up from a cold start with Hekate 5.5.4. My hbmenu is v3.4.0 and nx-hbloader v2.4.0, which I expect are quite out of date now.

What I plan to do, absent any more up to date advice is to go to https://www.sdsetup.com/console?switch
and download the latest version of Atmosphere, Signature Patches, Hekate and TegraRCMGUI. I'll also get the latest firmware with the help of Google. And from there I'll just install things in the folders like I did last time. Thankfully I left myself a good set of notes last time. I just want to check if there is a more 'modern' way to do this ATM/firmware update.

Many thanks in advance.

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have an oled with a hwfly. It doesnt turn on the modchip blinks purple, after a while it's static Red light.
Post automatically merged:

I have an oled with a hwfly. It doesnt turn on the modchip blinks purple, after a while it's static Red light.
now it boots hekate but my emunand doesnt boot (was playing pokemon and turned off my switch, now emunand dont boot but sysnand works)

now it boots hekate but my emunand doesnt boot (was playing pokemon and turned off my switch, now emunand dont boot but sysnand works)
can i create a new emunand and transfer my games from the broken emunand?

any help please

Last edited by Purple_Heart,

CesarG

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello, a few days ago I received my oled switch with atmosphere and when I play certain games it crashes giving me the error 2162, for example in Mario Odyssey When I want to enter the guide It gives me that error and since at the beginning of the game there is a cinematic where it asks you to open the guide, I can't go from there. Also when I want to play smash it happens when starting a fight.
IMG_20230624_204103__01.jpg

diddlydennis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
not sure if I did something stupid, switch is hacked and can load cfw

However, I created a emunad but then I backed up my nand afterwards, does it matter or should I start again?

RookieHaxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm a complete noob to Switch hacking and need some help. I haven't touched my jailbroken Switch for a whole year and dusted it off this weekend to play Zelda TotK, but I had to update my CFW to 16.0, I tried following this video and this video and I was successfully able to update my CFW to 16.0.3 and my Atmosphere to 1.5.4, but I ended up loosing all of my installed games. It's not a big deal though as I backed up my microSD card onto my PC before I installed the updates, and I own all the installed games I backed up on their cartridges, so I can reinstall them later (although, I'm not sure if I can recover my save files though). I'm assuming that I lost all of my games because I formatted my emuMMC as instructed in the first video. Anyway, the big problem that I'm having right now is that I cannot transfer files from my PC to my Switch through Tinfoil. When I open the Tinfoil app and click on usbfs nothing happens. I've also tried installing the latest versions of Tinfoil (16.0) and NUT (3.3) but still nothing happens. I also get this error message when I try to run NUT on my computer.
1687678220550.png

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do about this Tinfoil issue and how I can restore my save files from my Switch microSD card backup after I reinstall my games?

Minkyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I am very lost on what to do now, so i decided to update my switch's firmware using the AIO updater and once i did and turned my switch on again, it boots up into the hekate menu instead, so after looking around some guide videos, i found one where it said that i have to update my atmosphere and hekate as well. So i did and now when i boot up the switch again it still boots up in the hekate menu. What do i now?

kraoro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was successfully using a hacked Switch for a while, but then stopped playing for a bit and didn't touch it. The other day, I went to play a game, and the Switch crashed in the middle of the game. I was able to boot into RCM and inject payload like normal, but now the system won't let me launch emuMMC. The screen goes black and I have to hard reset. I can go into normal HOS without RCM just fine, can do HOS from within Hekate just fine, and can launch CFW sysMMC, just fine, but it refuses to go into emuMMC at all. I hadn't changed or touched anything, so I don't know why it stopped working. I've tried updating Hekate and Atmosphere, but still no go.

Last edited by kraoro,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't know how to check, but its SanDisk branded and was bought from retail. I'm not sure what else it could be as it has only happened the one time
You can use FakeFlashTest to check the validity of your SD card.
read through the guide, just want to ask going to back up my nand and do a emunand. However, confused about games I actually own, can i update them still or is this impossible?
You risk getting banned if you update them online after usage of any CFW/homebrew. There are alternative ways of updating them such as by installing the updates in .NSP form.
Hi, I've been away from the scene lately, but I'm now going to get more involved with my Switch. I need a bit of help in getting up and running again.
I have a v1 Switch with Atmosphere installed. However it was last updated about 3 years ago so one of the first things I think I need to do is to upgrade to the latest version of Atmosphere and firmware. Could someone please provide a link with instructions for how to update these?

Annoyingly I can't even say what version I'm on because, even though I thought I had booted on eMMC, when I look under "system" it doesn't give me the Atmosphere version, it only says that a system update is available. In any case I have checked that I can boot up from a cold start with Hekate 5.5.4. My hbmenu is v3.4.0 and nx-hbloader v2.4.0, which I expect are quite out of date now.

What I plan to do, absent any more up to date advice is to go to https://www.sdsetup.com/console?switch
and download the latest version of Atmosphere, Signature Patches, Hekate and TegraRCMGUI. I'll also get the latest firmware with the help of Google. And from there I'll just install things in the folders like I did last time. Thankfully I left myself a good set of notes last time. I just want to check if there is a more 'modern' way to do this ATM/firmware update.

Many thanks in advance.
Downloading the latest versions of everything using that site is a good start. However there is one thing I would change. Instead of using TegraRCMGUI, I would advise you to switch to TegraRCMSmash. Its faster, easier to use, and far less buggy than TegraRCMGUI. You can download the latest version of TegraRCMSmash from here.
Hello, a few days ago I received my oled switch with atmosphere and when I play certain games it crashes giving me the error 2162, for example in Mario Odyssey When I want to enter the guide It gives me that error and since at the beginning of the game there is a cinematic where it asks you to open the guide, I can't go from there. Also when I want to play smash it happens when starting a fight.View attachment 379764
Delete that program ID from your /atmosphere/contents folder.
not sure if I did something stupid, switch is hacked and can load cfw

However, I created a emunad but then I backed up my nand afterwards, does it matter or should I start again?
It does not matter if you backed up your eMMC after creating an emuMMC.
Hello, I'm a complete noob to Switch hacking and need some help. I haven't touched my jailbroken Switch for a whole year and dusted it off this weekend to play Zelda TotK, but I had to update my CFW to 16.0, I tried following this video and this video and I was successfully able to update my CFW to 16.0.3 and my Atmosphere to 1.5.4, but I ended up loosing all of my installed games. It's not a big deal though as I backed up my microSD card onto my PC before I installed the updates, and I own all the installed games I backed up on their cartridges, so I can reinstall them later (although, I'm not sure if I can recover my save files though). I'm assuming that I lost all of my games because I formatted my emuMMC as instructed in the first video. Anyway, the big problem that I'm having right now is that I cannot transfer files from my PC to my Switch through Tinfoil. When I open the Tinfoil app and click on usbfs nothing happens. I've also tried installing the latest versions of Tinfoil (16.0) and NUT (3.3) but still nothing happens. I also get this error message when I try to run NUT on my computer. View attachment 379776
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do about this Tinfoil issue and how I can restore my save files from my Switch microSD card backup after I reinstall my games?
You should use Hekate to transfer all of your files via USB instead. You can also use JKSV to restore your save files.
I am very lost on what to do now, so i decided to update my switch's firmware using the AIO updater and once i did and turned my switch on again, it boots up into the hekate menu instead, so after looking around some guide videos, i found one where it said that i have to update my atmosphere and hekate as well. So i did and now when i boot up the switch again it still boots up in the hekate menu. What do i now?
Don't use the AIO Updater. Its very buggy and prone to causing problems. Instead, I would recommend following this site for a guide on how to update and possibly setup CFW from scratch.
I was successfully using a hacked Switch for a while, but then stopped playing for a bit and didn't touch it. The other day, I went to play a game, and the Switch crashed in the middle of the game. I was able to boot into RCM and inject payload like normal, but now the system won't let me launch emuMMC. The screen goes black and I have to hard reset. I can go into normal HOS without RCM just fine, can do HOS from within Hekate just fine, and can launch CFW sysMMC, just fine, but it refuses to go into emuMMC at all. I hadn't changed or touched anything, so I don't know why it stopped working. I've tried updating Hekate and Atmosphere, but still no go.
Try using the fusee.bin payload from the official Atmosphere GitHub page to launch CFW emuMMC.

Reactions: kantaroo

kraoro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try using the fusee.bin payload from the official Atmosphere GitHub page to launch CFW emuMMC.
Already tried that. At first I downloaded the zip file that has all the things on one site, and when that didn't work, I tried reinstalling from each program's github, then tried again from the github, but this time deleting the old folders and installing the files fresh. Nothing is working.

diddlydennis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
OK on CFW and on emmunand, however, i want to play Stardew local communication with a friend on our indivdual switches. However,when I did selecte it it asks me to link to a nintendo account. So what do I do?, obviously not going to use my real one but can I just create a fake one?

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
your console gets banned not ur account
OK on CFW and on emmunand, however, i want to play Stardew local communication with a friend on our indivdual switches. However,when I did selecte it it asks me to link to a nintendo account. So what do I do?, obviously not going to use my real one but can I just create a fake one?

team-knight-rider

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi,
First problem I thought was my battery dying, in April when to a shop that sell switch battery, the guys say the battery is ok, but I forgot to bring the dongle for startup, but he boot it up, when I got home, can't play games, I notice it is not in CFW, put the dongle in, always boot but not in CFW, somehow bypass the dongle as if the dongle is not insert in.
What should I do to fix it?
thanks

Flaviocarvalho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If someone can help me...i havr a switch lite...got bsod...i think its emmc...so...i installed picofly to load hekate and analyse the emmc...instalation ok and got "no sd card" screen. Put hats pack on sd card and when power on the switch the pico loads right but just get blavk screen...nothing happens...cant load hekate...if i remove sd i get a purple screen with some options but when i select one of then just continue getting black screen...no hekate logo at all... any clue on what is this? Already tried 6 different sd cards...no sucess

Nynrah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey there, I'm thinking of compressing my XCI and NSP files to XCZ and NSZ files because space on my HDD is getting a little tight. I found this tool called SAK (Switch Army Knife) that can convert between these formats. Before I start compressing stuff left and right, there are some thing I want to know first:
1) Are there any files I should absolutely refrain from compressing, e.g. DLC (unlocker) files?
2) What compression rate should I use? SAK offers four levels (e.g. average) and I want the compression to actually save a noticeable amount of space without damaging the file's integrity.
3) I currently got my own keys from my Switch on firmware v16.0.2, but what happens if I try to compress a file that requires a newer firmware version? Does is produces a file that could be corrupted or do I get an error so that I know that this file can't be compressed with my current keys?

aarti

Killua Zoldyck
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Haven’t touched my emuNAND for about 2 years, updated hekate and atmosphere using sdsetup.com‘s minimal config. EmuNAND is not booting, it turns into a blackscreen. What should I do?

head009

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I'm kinda new to Switch around here. I installed Edizon cheat but when i tried to open Edizon from Tesla menu, the SW crashed and show this screen. Anyone knows how to fix this. Many tks!
z4462489944358_b85186f606a83617cb8c3277324b63b5.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg